Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:16:06 PM EDT
The AWB cases are there for SCOTUS to take up, but they haven't.

Is there any way to find out WHY?    Can't Scalia give us some insight?   Who has his phone number?  :-)

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
We will know very soon if they will be hearing the Friedman v. City of Highland Park case, could be as soon as Monday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We will know very soon if they will be hearing the Friedman v. City of Highland Park case, could be as soon as Monday.
View Quote

I've been hearing that for months lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The AWB cases are there for SCOTUS to take up, but they haven't.

Is there any way to find out WHY?    Can't Scalia give us some insight?   Who has his phone number?  :-)

View Quote

The court's internal deliberations are private.  The court speaks with one voice through their decisions.  If he started holding court and discussing pending cases he would be a renegade and could be disciplined by the court.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Par for the course when it comes to 2nd amendment cases. The NJ CCW case was relisted multiple times too before ultimately being denied
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
No one who believes in the bill of rights ever gets to the supreme court.
Its all Kabuki Theatre to keep us peasants from going to our pitch forks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No one who believes in the bill of rights ever gets to the supreme court.
Its all Kabuki Theatre to keep us peasants from going to our pitch forks.
View Quote

Read McDonald v. City of Chicago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chicago

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
This is my personal belief.
one or more of the supreme court justices have been bought  by Don Obama.  (Once you buy a judge once you have that judge for life).

I think they are weighing the cause and effect of the ruling.  If they vote in favor of the 2nd amendment then a lot of gun control nation wide will go up in smoke, if they vote against the second amendment at worst (around) 1.5% of the entire American populace will take up arms and revolt (300 million total, 4.5 million revolt), and If they do nothing they will only push back the problem and make it worse when it comes up again.  In short it is a loose, loose, delay/loose situation because gun control got out of hand because America is a gun loving people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
one or more of the supreme court justices have been bought  by Don Obama.  (Once you buy a judge once you have that judge for life).

I think they are weighing the cause and effect of the ruling.  If they vote in favor of the 2nd amendment then a lot of gun control nation wide will go up in smoke, if they vote against the second amendment at worst (around) 1.5% of the entire American populace will take up arms and revolt (300 million total, 4.5 million revolt), and If they do nothing they will only push back the problem and make it worse when it comes up again.  In short it is a loose, loose, delay/loose situation because gun control got out of hand because America is a gun loving people.
View Quote

I believe that like with some of the other issues that they have delayed addressing, they may be waiting for variation among circuits  as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I believe that like with some of the other issues that they have delayed addressing, they may be waiting for variation among circuits  as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Variation among the appeals courts is the club to force SCOTUS to take action.
It brings up 'equal protection' arguments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top