Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2015 7:19:20 PM EDT
Umm....

Is this even something to worry about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4FzxwyD5E0
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Eta: since this is not gd ill add a serious answer.  FBHO!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
My bad for not posting in the right place. I searched for an existing thread and couldn't find one. I'm kind of surprised nobody is talking about it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Our emperor needs to shut the FO and play more golf. Executive order my ass, he does not have the right, he should be impeached for stuff like this.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
well shit, if a guy on youtube says it, it must be true!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Really not surprised by anything I hear about that idiot.

FBHO
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
fine me a million dollars.  I FUCKIN DARE YA
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well shit, if a guy on youtube says it, it must be true!
View Quote

It's not just YouTube. NRA blew the whistle.

NRAILA
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck you Obama you cum guzzling piece of shit, I hope you burn in hell someday.

Not sure this will go anywhere since I have rights like the first amendment last time I checked although if Obama had his way he would shred the bill of rights

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Zero chance.  ITAR?  Really?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not that he can or can't...its that he wants to.

If there is any hope for the Republic..he needs to be impeached...now.

Dangerous as hell it is
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
the apologists, the wonthappen crowd hasn't shown, so I'll fill in for them............It will never happen, too many would object, he doesn't have the power, can't happen. Don't be such a weenie, a derper, chicken little.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  I feel better now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Umm....

Is this even something to worry about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4FzxwyD5E0
View Quote

No.

While the ITAR regulation is true (it is being contemplated), the NRA's interpretation of that regulation is of the fear-mongering, "the sky is falling!" variety.  Which unfortunately is a specialty of the NRA.  Their headline on this topic is, "Stop Obama's Planned Gag Order on Firearm-Related Speech."  That headline is purposely crafted to create the false impression that discussing firearms on the Internet would be illegal.  And given your own subject headline for this thread...this type of propaganda obviously works.

But if you read the boring details of what's actually being proposed, you learn this proposed rule would apply only to government contractors w/r/t how they disseminate some very specific ITAR information.  It has NOTHING to do with you or me saying whatever we want on the Internet.

I don't like it when anti-gunners distort facts and attempt to manipulate stupid people in order to serve political motives.  I like it even less when "my side" does the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck you Obama you cum guzzling piece of shit, I hope you burn in hell someday.

Not sure this will go anywhere since I have rights like the first amendment last time I checked although if Obama had his way he would shred the bill of rights

View Quote

Not sure where you have been for the past 6.5 years, but he kinda already has......

Doc
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No.

While the ITAR regulation is true (it is being contemplated), the NRA's interpretation of that regulation is of the fear-mongering, "the sky is falling!" variety.  Which unfortunately is a specialty of the NRA.  Their headline on this topic is, "Stop Obama's Planned Gag Order on Firearm-Related Speech."  That headline is purposely crafted to create the false impression that discussing firearms on the Internet would be illegal.  And given your own subject headline for this thread...this type of propaganda obviously works.

But if you read the boring details of what's actually being proposed, you learn this proposed rule would apply only to government contractors w/r/t how they disseminate some very specific ITAR information.  It has NOTHING to do with you or me saying whatever we want on the Internet.

I don't like it when anti-gunners distort facts and attempt to manipulate stupid people in order to serve political motives.  I like it even less when "my side" does the same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Umm....

No.

It's not my goal to spread any fear and I understand the NRA does that sometimes.  I hadn't heard anything else about the new ITAR regulations and figured it was probably nothing to worry about, but I still wanted to run it by the ARFCOM folks.  Thanks for clearing this up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top