Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2015 1:52:01 AM EDT
i had a question about selling a handgun at a gunshow via private party wether it is cash or trade.

I am in Las Vegas and we have a gunshow coming up. If I was to carry my pistol and ended up selling it or trading it at the show to someone, how would I record the transfer? Would I need to? We have a handgun registration law where we have to carry blue cards with registration info with our handguns. state legislature states a seller must cause the handgun to be registered within something like 3 days to the buyer.

If I were to swap it there, would I just tell the PD it's not in my name anymore? Or should I carry something like a bill of sale in advance?

what would you recommend me do In this scenario
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Go ask in the Nevada Home Town Forum.  You are asking a specific question about a city or state regulation.

Federally face to face firearms sells of non licensed individuals to someone that lives in the same state are okay no paperwork required etc...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go ask in the Nevada Home Town Forum.  You are asking a specific question about a city or state regulation.

Federally face to face firearms sells of non licensed individuals to someone that lives in the same state are okay no paperwork required etc...
View Quote

This. Texas requires nothing.

Who has a gun registration law, the State of Nevada? Your city?  Never heard of that before.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Who has a gun registration law, the State of Nevada? Your city?  Never heard of that before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clark county has a handgun registration law
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.  I think would have to move across the country line to escape that tyranny

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm moving to Texas soon, hopefully, but apart from Texas are there any eastern states with kickass gun laws? IE North Carolina, Virginia, etc...
View Quote

There are better states than Texas for sure.

Here are some links that give some specifics.

http://www.texasnfatrust.com/NFA%20Laws%20by%20State.htm

http://smartgunlaws.org/open-carrying-policy-summary/#state

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Really? Three threads on this issue?

Oh. My error.  FOUR.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really? Three threads on this issue?

Oh. My error.  FOUR.
View Quote

With any luck he'll never make it to Texas.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top