Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2014 3:58:50 PM EDT
I have a friend who lives out of state (in a state with decent firearms laws) that visits every couple of years. She's been wanting to build her own AR-15 for awhile and has mentioned as much, but money problems have held her back. She is not a felon, and currently owns firearms. Legally speaking, would I be in the clear to gift her an AR-15 lower receiver the next time she visited, or is that something that would lnd me or her in trouble?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a friend who lives out of state (in a state with decent firearms laws) that visits every couple of years. She's been wanting to build her own AR-15 for awhile and has mentioned as much, but money problems have held her back. She is not a felon, and currently owns firearms. Legally speaking, would I be in the clear to gift her an AR-15 lower receiver the next time she visited, or is that something that would lnd me or her in trouble?
View Quote

It must go through a dealer in her home state.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was afraid of. Annoying. On an AR lower, shipping and an FFL fee would cost more than the lower would.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Picture of a lower taped to a $50 bill is classy!  

And legal
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Easiest/cheapest legal method!

Give her a gift certificate from her favorite gun shop so she can buy one there nice and legal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's what I was afraid of. Annoying. On an AR lower, shipping and an FFL fee would cost more than the lower would.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you do it right.  Lower from wideners $45.  Shipping  ~$15  FFL $20 (I would never pay more than that).

Total cost about $80.. But it's still a hassle and easier just to send the money to buy one locally. Of course that's not quite the same.

Repeal the interstate commerce act, it is a heinous form of repression.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top