Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 1:21:43 PM EDT
I bought a gun off of an auction site and sent the money and my FFL's paperwork.
No response for a month.
Called the guy who explained he was in the hospital.
He apologised and then sent the gun properly to my FFL but it arrived without a copy of his drivers license. My FFL wont transfer without it so it sits in his shop.
Called him again and he said he would take care of it. That was a month ago and no response by phone or email. I'm thinking the worst and he is no longer a member of the human race.

What now ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Get confirmation he's dead,  have your FFL call his IOI. They'll likely tell him to go ahead.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a gun off of an auction site and sent the money and my FFL's paperwork.
No response for a month.
He apologised and then sent the gun properly to my FFL but it arrived without a copy of his drivers license. My FFL wont transfer without it so it sits in his shop.
Called him again and he said he would take care of it. That was a month ago and no response by phone or email. I'm thinking the worst and he is no longer a member of the human race.

What now ?
View Quote

<---FFL
No Federal law or ATF regulation requires that the receiving dealer have a copy of the shippers drivers license or FFL.
Federal law and ATF regs DO REQUIRE that the receiving dealer record the name and address of the person from whom they received the firearm.

Usually this is done by including in the box an FFL copy, invoice or packing slip by the shipping dealer or in the case of a nonlicensee..........a copy of their drivers license. The receiving dealer could also use the name and address on the return address label.

I assume your dealer sent his FFL to the seller? If so, he should know who shipped the gun. If he's still refusing to transfer the firearm.........he's being a dick. He may tell you its his business policy, which is fine, but that doesn't mean he gets to keep your gun indefinitely.

I do 2,000+ transfers a year. I also require an FFL copy from a licensee or a drivers license copy from a nonlicensee.  If one isn't in the box I don't get butthurt and penalize my customer because the shipper didn't comply.

You need a new FFL.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<---FFL
No Federal law or ATF regulation requires that the receiving dealer have a copy of the shippers drivers license or FFL.
Federal law and ATF regs DO REQUIRE that the receiving dealer record the name and address of the person from whom they received the firearm.

Usually this is done by including in the box an FFL copy, invoice or packing slip by the shipping dealer or in the case of a nonlicensee..........a copy of their drivers license. The receiving dealer could also use the name and address on the return address label.

I assume your dealer sent his FFL to the seller? If so, he should know who shipped the gun. If he's still refusing to transfer the firearm.........he's being a dick. He may tell you its his business policy, which is fine, but that doesn't mean he gets to keep your gun indefinitely.

I do 2,000+ transfers a year. I also require an FFL copy from a licensee or a drivers license copy from a nonlicensee.  If one isn't in the box I don't get butthurt and penalize my customer because the shipper didn't comply.

You need a new FFL.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No response for a month.

What now ?

<---FFL

You need a new FFL.

Wow.
Yes my FFL sent his info directly to the seller; whom I now know is (was) an FFL himself after doing some research in the last hour. That FFL is listed at www.atf.gov

PS; Are you in the DFW area ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wow.
Yes my FFL sent his info directly to the seller; whom I now know is (was) an FFL himself after doing some research in the last hour. That FFL is listed at www.atf.gov

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No response for a month.

What now ?

<---FFL

You need a new FFL.

Wow.

Plano
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
<-- Also an FFL.
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no requirement for an FFL to include a copy of his license when sending a firearm to another FFL.  Most do it as a courtesy.  I also can't believe that your transfer FFL received your gun a month ago and hasn't logged it in yet.

Tell him to stop being a dick and transfer the gun to you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
also, who is this dealer, so we dont use him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top