Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 2:35:27 PM EDT
I got a great deal on several stripper lowers and Complete uppers.  

I was thinking of building them all and selling them on to local Texas Residence.  

I know in Texas its perfectly legal to sell a firearm to another Texas Resident, as long as they are legally allowed to own one.

My question is:  

Is it legal to produce 10-15 ARs and sell them for a profit?  

Are you considered an manufacture and required to have a FFL if you build to many ARs and sell them with in a given amount of time?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not legal. You are not allowed to purchase with intent to resell.  

There is no rule on how long you have to have something or how much you have to shoot, but building 10-15 to sell could definitely get you in hot water.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Dealing without a license, manufacturing without a license, failure to register with the State Dept (ITAR), tax evasion. Those are probably the big ones you'll be charged with. You probably could avoid issues by doing all transfers through a dealer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it legal to produce 10-15 ARs and sell them for a profit?  Sure, if you have an 07FFL and paid your ITAR.

Are you considered an manufacture and required to have a FFL if you build to many ARs and sell them with in a given amount of time?

If you engage in the business of dealing and or manufacturing firearms........you damn well better have an 07FFL. There is no "minimum" number.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
What Dogtown Tom said.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I know in Texas its perfectly legal to sell a firearm to another Texas Resident, as long as they are legally allowed to own one.
View Quote

Not true anywhere in the US. Rick Perry being a example. He can legally own a firearm, but it is illegal to sell him one.

d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top