Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:26 PM EDT
Guy ran stop sign and hit her on drivers side front, full size dodge versus Pt cruiser. Police report filed and the other driver got the ticket. His insurance has been unresponsive and ours hadn't been much better.

She has missed time for DR visits and X-rays, plus all the drama trying to get something moving so we can get back to pre accident lives.

Not sure what else to do and wonder if it's time to lawyer up as it's been over a week yesterday. Again we just want to move on but it's starting to wear on us.

Anyone in got insight on this. Houston area.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Lawyer up.  They eat this shit up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Having been through a simular type accident. Do the following.

First get a copy of the police report and make sure it states that your wife was not at fault.

Second, you will start to receive lawyer letters trying to solicit your business. Kep them and the report in a folder with the report at the bottom. Also add doctor bills after the report.

An insurance adjuster for the person that hit your wife will contact you to setup a meeting. Your insurance will assign an adjuster as a rep to guard your insurance concerns first and your concerns second, but they will help. Your insurance card should have a 24 hour number to call. Call that number.

Whether or not you get a lawyer is up to you for that first meeting but I met the first time alone.

The insurance adjuster for the other driver tried to make it appear it was my fault.

Now this is where the lawyer letters and report in the folder comes in to play. I made the show of flipping through the letters, about twenty, before getting to the police report on the bottom.

The adjust read the report that said in big bold letters 'Not this driver's fault.' Signed by the officer. Case closed.

Adjuster then asked what the other papers were. I said ' All the lawyers that want my business. Do you want me to call one?'.

Long story short, adjuster and me came up with a contract. Car fixed to my satisfaction not spec, made them fix some issue with my car. Two years of orthopedic doctor services and twenty grand expense money with punitive expense of thirty grand for just pissing me off.

When you go in to resolve this go like you are going to war. Take not prisoners and do not put up with any bull shit. Get an opinion free from a lawyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top