Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 5:45:53 PM EDT
I have two non domestic battery charges that were dropped here in florida. Can i legally buy a firearm? No probation totally droped.
Iv been told as long as its not a felony or demostic battery im good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be good to go.  You may still have some hoops to jump through getting the disposition of the charges pushed through the background check system, and if it's in there without a resolution you may end up having to get a lawyer to help you get the records cleared up before you'll get an approved NICS check.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be good to go.  You may still have some hoops to jump through getting the disposition of the charges pushed through the background check system, and if it's in there without a resolution you may end up having to get a lawyer to help you get the records cleared up before you'll get an approved NICS check.
View Quote

Would it help if i got my record expunged?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely - nip any problems in the bud that way.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If there were no convictions it shouldn't be an issue.  You might get a delay, depending on what information pops up at NICS.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While convictions can be ordered expunged, your arrest record likely cannot be.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did a quick search and it looks like arrests where the charges were later dropped can be expunged in FL.  Not a lawyer though.  The OP may want to contact the FDLE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
All is good I went and bought a Sig MK25 and the background check went through fine. It was done on a computer and the guy entered all my info and It came back approved.
I started the expungement two days ago. The lawyer said the charges and the arrest disapear. It will not show up in a background check, all the files related to the case are either sealed or destroyed. He said had I gone to court and regardless of the outcome I couldn't of gotten it expunged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top