Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
Ok. I am sure this thread has been done before but I would like definitive answers for my questions.

I am PCSing in December. I have multiple long guns, (should have) 3 suppressors (by then), and one Short barrel AR.
I know that you need to get permission to travel with an SBR, but what form do you use?
Do you need permission for the suppressors?
How long does the paperwork process take?
ANY information that you can provide will help me greatly.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok. I am sure this thread has been done before but I would like definitive answers for my questions.

I am PCSing in December. I have multiple long guns, (should have) 3 suppressors (by then), and one Short barrel AR.
I know that you need to get permission to travel with an SBR, but what form do you use?
Do you need permission for the suppressors?
How long does the paperwork process take?
ANY information that you can provide will help me greatly.

View Quote

Form 5320.20
You don't need the form for the suppressor.
I have no idea how long the process takes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
.20 usually only takes a few weeks to come back.

Make sure where you are moving to allows the SBR and cans. ATF will deny the .20  if not.

Keep in mind it is a permanant move of the toys, so no end date on the .20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top