Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:50:44 PM EDT
A person recently purchased a new Spikes upper from me on a auction site. It is a complete 16" with flash hider and bayonet lug. The way I understand it, it is legal to send it there and legal for the purchaser to posses as long as he has a lower receiver that was assembled pre ban. Am I understanding this correctly?
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you understand this correctly. And you asked and was answered in NES where these questions are "routine"!
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx, what if the the guy receiving it has no lower at all? Wouldn't it be legal for him to have since there is no lower? I didn't post this anywhere else at ARF, someone else must have the same question.
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone else had the exact same question in that case.

Anyone in MA can possess an upper and they don't need any license unless they also possess a lower. They can also modify said upper to be MA-compliant, or mount it on a pre-ban lower. All legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top