BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
the long on the top and short on the sides look, looks pretty fucking good to me for some reason.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

A lot of the gang-bangers around here cut there hair very much like that.  Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to look like either the SS or gang-bangers. (SS if you wear your pants where they are supposed to be, gang-banger if you want to look like you never heard of the concept of a belt.)
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
whatever works for ya i guess......
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like a grown out high and tight to me
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just take him the pictures you showed us?

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Its just a high fade....tell them not to touch the top. Do it all the time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just print and crop the photo to take the uniform out of the picture.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Nein Nein Nein Nein Nein Nein!!!! ! !
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
My grandfather wore his hair like that til the day he died.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell them you want to look like a Nazi Storm Trooper
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's a lot of ghey in this thread.

no shit.  Waiting for the thread to delve into highlights and extensions.  Possibly which nail polish accentuates the eyes best.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That there would be a "military taper cut" #1 and #2 guard on the sides and just about 3-4" of length on top. I typically wear a #1-#2- taper and a #6 on top in the summer time. Tell them NOT to "block cut" the back, taper it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#13]
So one day you woke up and thought I wanna cut my hair like a fuckin nazi?

Disturbing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Disturbing.

Yeah, because the only people that ever wore their hair that way in all of history were NSDAP.

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Man up and get some clippers and do it yourself, not very hard
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#16]
never mind, read the thread.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't forget your schnurrbart.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#18]
You have pictures.  They are each worth a thousand words.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Dunno how serious the OP is but here goes....

It is funny that this thread came about. I am currently trying to grow my hair the same way. I had it real short before (kind of like the photo of Chesty) but am trying to grow it back out.

It is about halfway there and currently does not look anything like the OP's photos. But that is my plan.

I have heard and read about something called the 'German crew cut' but I have never read a description or seen the name along with photos.

I just told me hair person I wanted to grow it long and comb it straight back on top but keep it pretty short on the sides. She seemed to know what I was talking about, didn't make any comments about it being weird (she is the type of person to say something), and is cutting it/telling me how to grow it. I have seen several photos where the side is nearly shaved but I think that is a little much.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Disturbing.

Unfortunately a lot of people in this thread fail to realize that it was not just how nazi's cut their hair....its how half of the western world cut their hair for 20 years or so.  US included.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe the OP should wear Hugo Boss suits, drive a Volkswagen and wear Chanel #5 while hes at it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disturbing.

Unfortunately a lot of people in this thread fail to realize that it was not just how nazi's cut their hair....its how half of the western world cut their hair for 20 years or so.  US included.

His post specifically references nazis

He didnt say " I want a hair cut like half of the western world ".
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disturbing.

Yes, and the swastika was popular with Tibetans and native Americans.  Funny how 60 million dead people change people's perception of things.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disturbing.

lol, and? thats the only examples I could find, it looks like a good cut.

you guys are funny.

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey, Moe!!!

With a little Hey, Shemp.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I like it!Fuck the haters,retro rocks!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Personally though, i always wanted one of those black leather trench coats that the NKVD and other WWII "agents" used to wear. cool beans dude!

Here ya go:

Vanson Luftwaffe Great Coat

Made in the USA even!  

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#28]
It's either the;
Forrest Gump

Or the Carl Childers cut
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In the Corps they call that a Low Reg.  Still to long on top IMHO.  0" to 3"

My first thought.  Also an excellent way to get minkey-stomped by my old First Sergeant in 1/7.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

There's some weird shit on this site

QFT

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disturbing.

Youre right.  Thats mostly because it was easier to explain that way.  I probably wouldve explained it the same way myself.

However, I dont want a haircut like that myself.  Cant say theres anything wrong with it though....a little dated, but better than a lot of the "cool" haircuts out there nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I have my wife cut my hair that way. Sometimes referred to as a Prussian haircut. Very comfortable and not as extreme looking as a military high and tight.

Just describe it as a fade with the top left long and sides tight below the ear and a little shorter on the upper sides than the top.

Bruce Willis had this cut in the movie Last Man Standing.

ETA changed pics, sorry hard to find hatless pics.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That there would be a "military taper cut" #1 and #2 guard on the sides and just about 3-4" of length on top. I typically wear a #1-#2- taper and a #6 on top in the summer time. Tell them NOT to "block cut" the back, taper it.

Good to know.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
the long on the top and short on the sides look, looks pretty fucking good to me for some reason.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

A lot of the gang-bangers around here cut there hair very much like that.  Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to look like either the SS or gang-bangers. (SS if you wear your pants where they are supposed to be, gang-banger if you want to look like you never heard of the concept of a belt.)

It was worn this way my most American and European men in the 20's and 30's. It is just a real comfortable retro haircut. I used to keep mine high and tight and shorter but I prefer this and I get less odd looks. Some people think a buzz cut looks like a Neo Nazi.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#36]

I cut mine in a similar fashion,different in that I don't go that short on the sides,but the sides and back I tend to do shorter and leave it a bit long on top,then comb straight back.

Combined with how I dress I get "are you trying to look like a Nazi?" a lot

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disturbing.

Yes, and the swastika was popular with Tibetans and native Americans.  Funny how 60 million dead people change people's perception of things.

This is a little different.

Almost every family photo I have of male relatives from the late 20's right into WWII shows a similar haircut.  

Including my Dad and Uncles, who all fought in the War.  (and yes, for the US)
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#38]
just print out the pic and cut the head off and just bring that in. He wont see the uniform then.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disturbing.

I didn't see the word Nazi anywhere in the OPs post
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Why not just give him a picture of the head, cutting off the part where the uniform is?  Just tell him it's an old pic, and you want that haircut.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I have my wife cut my hair that way. Sometimes referred to as a Prussian haircut. Very comfortable and not as extreme looking as a military high and tight.

Just describe it as a fade with the top left long and sides tight below the ear and a little shorter on the upper sides than the top.

http://images.themoviedb.org/backdrops/19634/Last-Man-Standing_poster.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2368/2359110789_1181910237.jpg

I don't know why I read this thread but it was worth it to see you choose not one, but two pictures, of a person wearing a hat to demonstrate a haircut.

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

hey good job on those pics. too bad he is wearing a hat.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
That is not a fade. it is called a taper. Seriously.

A fade is "faded" in at the same height all the way around the head.

A taper is lower and does not fade in the same plane around the head
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know why I read this thread but it was worth it to see you choose not one, but two pictures, of a person wearing a hat to demonstrate a haircut.

LOL, yeah that is dumb, but only pics I could find. Okay, here we go.

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Short on sides, long on top and combed back?

Here ya go.

I guess Billy Ray Cyrus was in the SS, too.

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Short on sides, long on top and combed back?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/Billy-Ray-Cyrus-mullet.jpg

Here ya go.

I guess Billy Ray Cyrus was in the SS, too.

LOL, I think that is called a mullet "business in the front, party in the back".
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I always thought haircut of the 30's and 40's for men were pretty neat.  My grandpa wore his hair that way as well till his death in '79.  I talked to a barber about it, while getting a trim.  He liked them too, because he got to use all his tools.  What influenced me was the movie Cobb.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Crew cut 1/2" max

Can't be used against you in a fight

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top