Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2009 7:53:36 AM EDT
I need this in like 55 gallon drums.

Can't really find it via internet searches. Maybe someone here works in food processing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know but have to ask, what the hell for?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
look on alibaba.com
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know but have to ask, what the hell for?

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
olive oil $2090 for 55 gal http://www.oliveoilsource-store.com/catalog/bulk-olive-oils-and-vinegars/extra-virgin-olive-oil

Gotta ask why?

And what do you mean by garlic extract? are you talking juice oil powder etc?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Use your Yellow Pages and the internet.
It's not hard to find bulk sources, they just might not be local to you.

Start with the food distributors in your nearest big city.
Another way is to call the company whose name appears on the label as manufacturer, importer or distributor of a product you desire.
They usually won't sell directly to you but they'll be happy to forward you to a source they supply.

Olive oil comes in 20 and 55 gallon drums, I've seen them.
My local Italian deli sells popular brands in 1 gallon cans.
Garlic extract? Call McCormick.

I went looking for Splenda in bulk. The manufacturer sells it in pure form (without the bulking agent) but only industrially.
I found a guy on the internet who bought a kilo from a Chinese distributor.
It cost him several hundred dollars but it's the equivalent of hundreds of pounds of the stuff in the bag in the grocery store.
My mom has a friend who runs a bakery and he offered to add a 50lb bag to his order if I wanted some.
It's not the uncut stuff but it's wholesale in bulk.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Anti Vampire Flame thrower?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Clostridium botulinum;garlic stored in olive oil creates a nice neurotoxin.Is that your intent OP?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Please post the recipe for Dinosaur scampi.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Opening an Italian resturant.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Opening an Italian resturant.

If he is going to open a restaurant and doesn't know how to access raw materials,it aint gonna be open long.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Clostridium botulinum;garlic stored in olive oil creates a nice neurotoxin.Is that your intent OP?

via: http://cecalaveras.ucdavis.edu/garlic.htm
BOTULISM WARNING
Regardless of its flavor potency, garlic is a low-acid vegetable. The pH of a clove of garlic typically ranges from 5.3 to 6.3. As with all low-acid vegetables, garlic will support the growth and subsequent toxin production of the bacterium Clostridium botulinum when given the right conditions. These conditions include improper home canning and improper preparation and storage of fresh herb and garlic-in-oil mixtures. Moisture, room temperature, lack of oxygen, and low-acid conditions all favor the growth of Clostridium botulinum. When growing, this bacterium produces an extremely potent toxin that causes the illness botulism. If untreated, death can result within a few days of consuming the toxic food.

Ya learn something new and exciting every single day here.

Note the OP asked for garlic extract, however, not whole garlic.

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOTULISM WARNING
Regardless of its flavor potency, garlic is a low-acid vegetable. The pH of a clove of garlic typically ranges from 5.3 to 6.3. As with all low-acid vegetables, garlic will support the growth and subsequent toxin production of the bacterium Clostridium botulinum when given the right conditions. These conditions include improper home canning and improper preparation and storage of fresh herb and garlic-in-oil mixtures. Moisture, room temperature, lack of oxygen, and low-acid conditions all favor the growth of Clostridium botulinum. When growing, this bacterium produces an extremely potent toxin that causes the illness botulism. If untreated, death can result within a few days of consuming the toxic food.

We're all gonna die!
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOTULISM WARNING

Define garlic extract.And where did OP go?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#14]
seems like we are on a snipe hunt here.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I'm gonna set up for the only Italian Restaurant in PAW. All the zombie killers gotta eat somewhere.

Seriously though, I'm spraying it on plants to kill bugs. I mix the olive oil with soap and it will contact kill most bugs, including bees. I spray about 500 gallons of a diluted mixture a week.

The garlic extract mixed with water is strictly an insect repellent. Spray a little on a plant and you can watch the bugs run away. Also kills intestinal parasites in livestock. We bought a gallon from a guy for $88. Kinda expensive for a gallon. Someone told me he bought it in a 55 gallon drum for a lot less, but he couldn't remember where.

The garlic is strong. UPS delivered the box and left it in the front office. The box reeked of garlic so much, I had to put the box outside. Fearing that it was leaking, I opened the box and the jug was sealed in a plastic bag. Seriously strong odor to permeate a plastic bag.

Seems kinda expensive, but some of the commercial pesticides costs me around $300 for a quart.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope, I actually had to go outside and make a sale. I hate how work interferes with my ARF.COM time.

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#17]
So earlier someone wanted to know how to cast silver bullets.  Now we have someone looking for garlic extract.

Halloween season brings out some interesting characters.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, I actually had to go outside and make a sale. I hate how work interferes with my ARF.COM time.

Well since you are back I will throw you another bone. http://www.arbico-organics.com/1452604.html

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm gonna set up for the only Italian Restaurant in PAW. All the zombie killers gotta eat somewhere.

Seriously though, I'm spraying it on plants to kill bugs. I mix the olive oil with soap and it will contact kill most bugs, including bees. I spray about 500 gallons of a diluted mixture a week.

The garlic extract mixed with water is strictly an insect repellent. Spray a little on a plant and you can watch the bugs run away. Also kills intestinal parasites in livestock. We bought a gallon from a guy for $88. Kinda expensive for a gallon. Someone told me he bought it in a 55 gallon drum for a lot less, but he couldn't remember where.

The garlic is strong. UPS delivered the box and left it in the front office. The box reeked of garlic so much, I had to put the box outside. Fearing that it was leaking, I opened the box and the jug was sealed in a plastic bag. Seriously strong odor to permeate a plastic bag.

Seems kinda expensive, but some of the commercial pesticides costs me around $300 for a quart.

Makes sense now.Sorry for busting your chops but the question was rather open ended.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since you are back I will throw you another bone. http://www.arbico-organics.com/1452604.html

That's the company I bought the gallon from. IT WORKS GREAT!!! But you can see how expensive it is.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense now.Sorry for busting your chops but the question was rather open ended.

No problem, it's ARF.COM.

If someone starts asking about Castor Beans, you might wanna check them out.

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the company I bought the gallon from. IT WORKS GREAT!!! But you can see how expensive it is.

Wholesale pricing I think this is the manufacturers website. http://www.garlicbarrier.com/contact.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem, it's ARF.COM.

If someone starts asking about Castor Beans, you might wanna check them out.

I watch ricin threads too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand completely.  I actually had to go out and fix a welding machine, this morning, so some asshole could continue working while I fucked off on Arfcom.  The nerve of some people.

What kind of plants do you sell?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What kind of plants do you sell?

I only do seedling or "plug"  trays, either 128 cells or 72 cells per tray. That means 128 or 72 sprouted and fully rooted little plants that I sell to other wholesalers who plant it into bigger pots, grow it up and sell it to places like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, or your local independent nursery. I only do perennials and herbs, but I ship nation wide, but heavily in the South, including Florida and California. It's pretty specialized. We don't consider an order to be large until we start talking 10,000+ plants. Probably have 300 to 400K plants on the bench right now and we're not busy right now.

Here's a standard tray, sometimes you go a little nutty looking at all the cells.

128ct tray

A lot of folks run a 512 tray. I would go blind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok., I was looking for someone to sell me 80 peach trees.  I want to start a small orchard.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.rennerwood.com/inventory.htm

This is a great place, but they don't do fruit trees. You might send them an email and see if they can tell you who handles fruit. But if you want a mess of shade tree cheap, this is the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top