Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:44:28 AM EDT
Fergie to be co-owner of Miami Dolphins
14-Oct-2009
Written by: Amanda Johnson

Black Eye Peas singer, Fergie, will be finishing up paper work to become owner of the Miami Dolphins after her tour in Australia.

Tuesday NFL owners voted to approve Black Eye Peas songstress, Fergie, as the newest celebrity investor for the Miami Dolphins. Owner Stephen Ross said that he and Fergie have been in touch and discussed the deal. He is just waiting for her to return from her tour in Australia with her band makes so that he can get her signature.

Fergie, 34, will be joining a slew of other celebrity owners including Marc Anthony, Venus and Serena Williams, and Gloria Estefan. The Dolphins celebrity cliental only own small portions of the team. They have agreed to come out and make appearances on various occasions in order to attract a more diverse crowd of people. Monday “Estefan teamed up with Hank Williams Jr. on a bilingual version of the Monday Night Football anthem, ‘Are You Ready for Some Football?’ as part of the NFL's Hispanic Heritage Month celebration”, according to MTV.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Monday “Estefan teamed up with Hank Williams Jr. on a bilingual version of the Monday Night Football anthem, ‘Are You Ready for Some Football?’ as part of the NFL's Hispanic Heritage Month celebration”

That should work well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet she will insist on having first dibs on the defensive line as locker room fluffer as part of the deal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Meth whore.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
She looks gross IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
She could get out on the field with the cheerleaders and whore it up for the fans.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I live about a 2.5 hr drive from Miami, and I gotta tell you:

The Dolphins haven't had this much excitement, in well.......... ever.

The celebrity ownership is making the franchise exciting again, and Dolphins gear is for sale EVERYWHERE.

I don't care who owns the team, so long as they keep winning.

LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Much better for football than Limbaugh, no doubt.

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet she pissed her pants at the opportunity...
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
So, Rush is bad for expressing his beliefs, but a (former?) drug abusing celebrity who was pictured "performing" onstage soaked in her own piss is GTG?

I get it - she voted for Black Bush, right?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Much better for football than Limbaugh, no doubt.

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So, Rush is bad for expressing his beliefs, but a (former?) drug abusing celebrity who was pictured "performing" onstage soaked in her own piss is GTG?

I get it - she voted for Black Bush, right?

No doubt.

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
They won't let Limbaugh be part owner of the Rams because he's a "racist", but they will let Meth head slut Fergie co-own the Dolphins?

here she is with meth head teeth:
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Fergie is buddies with Obama.  This must be racist.  I'll be she wants to feel like a plantation owner.  Where is Karen Hunter on this one?

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
What is Jimmy Buffets role with the Dolphins? other that the stadium being named after his beer!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Monday “Estefan teamed up with Hank Williams Jr. on a bilingual version of the Monday Night Football anthem, ‘Are You Ready for Some Football?’ as part of the NFL's Hispanic Heritage Month celebration”

That should work well.

that likker done pickled his brain.......

fuck pro football and it's related faggotry and douchebaggery.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should work well.

It really was one of the worst things I've ever seen on TV.  And I've seen a lot.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
As a diehard Dolphins fan, I can not stand all this celebrity crap with my team. I understand the reason why Ross is doing this, but I don't like it. He thinks that this will sell tickets, but at the end of the day the best way to sell tickets is to win!!!!

Go Dolphins!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
You know, maybe Amy Winehouse between fixes can buy a team if she has any money left?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a diehard Dolphins fan, I can not stand all this celebrity crap with my team. I understand the reason why Ross is doing this, but I don't like it. He thinks that this will sell tickets, but at the end of the day the best way to sell tickets is to win!!!!

Go Dolphins!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm a Dolfan going back to '85, even worked for them during the Robbie era, from '91 through '93.

I don't have any hard facts, but I'm betting that Ross over-extended himself when he bought out Wayne and he's either selling off nibbles to recoup some cash, or he realizes that if the economy really takes a dump, it's best not to be holding a huge bag of nuts.  His exposure is more limited now, than it was back in January.  Expect more ego-centric celebrities to buy in and he'll no doubt relish the 'Al Davis' role to the hilt.

Go FINS!

Chris

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What is Jimmy Buffets role with the Dolphins? other that the stadium being named after his beer!!!

They play one of his songs EVERY MOTHER FUCKING TIME the Dolphins score points.  I hate the song and I'm not a Buffet hater.  It's just one of his original songs re-worded to 'fit' the Dolphins.  I just wish they'd bring back the original Dolphins fight song - allbeit a very outdated song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqzES_sHIA

Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They won't let Limbaugh be part owner of the Rams because he's a "racist", but they will let Meth head slut Fergie co-own the Dolphins?

here she is with meth head teeth:

Big difference between the 1% or less ownership stake she will have and what Limbaughs stake would have been.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I live about a 2.5 hr drive from Miami, and I gotta tell you:

The Dolphins haven't had this much excitement, in well.......... ever.

The celebrity ownership is making the franchise exciting again, and Dolphins gear is for sale EVERYWHERE.

I don't care who owns the team, so long as they keep winning.
LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!

Ahhhh...actually going from 1-15 to 11-5 last year is the reason for the excitement.

My family has had tickets on the 50 for the Dolphins since the first kickoff in 1966. I know more Dolphins fans than I can count and the only "celebrities" any of them care about are the Big Tuna, Coach Sporano and the players themselves. The ownership? Not so much.

Either way, I'm glad we've got a team worth rooting for again.

ETA: GO PHINS!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top