Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 3/15/2001 6:23:03 AM EDT
Any suggestions on how to make ballistic gelatin? Or perhaps a similar gelatin type object to capture a deformed bullet for realistic results in my next test (Over-Penatration...Part 2) ? [b]Serious suggestions only please.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:09:37 AM EDT
I think Knox makes the jello everybody shoots...
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:33:26 AM EDT
Ive got a recipie ifyou want it, I cant post it here because it has too many charectors. Email me and Ill sendit your way robertb54@hotmail.com
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:01:22 PM EDT
Why? Seriously? Do you think it will be cheaper than meat?
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:36:22 PM EDT
Martin L. Fackler, MD Came up with the recipe for ballistic gelatin. Go check out the site below. Dr. Fackler distributes a journal on wound ballistics and although membership is spendy he does know his stuff. http://www.firearmstactical.com/wound.htm Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:41:14 PM EDT
Try shooting into water..most bullets will be stopped by 3-4' of it. Of course if you dont' do it correctly they will ricochet away at a nice 17 degree angle. I have tested a few bullets by shooting thru a piece of 1x4 pine sitting 2-3" in front of a gallon jug of water, and backed up by a 2 foot thick box of chopped up wet mulch material. Make sure you have a dirt berm behind the box to stop any that pass thru. Sometimes they DO. Messy too! easier to buy a professional video, IMHO. I can assure you that a std 9mm ball round will shoot thru ~ 2' of dry cotton towels..do not ask how I know!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 6:30:39 PM EDT
One cup hot water, one cup Ice cold rum, mix, puor into small cups, let stand in fridge. You can shoot them all day... BISHOP
Top Top