Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:09:30 AM EDT
Chuck Norris served a 4 year enlistment and got out before the war but did his duty. Even Al Gore made an appearance. If Bruce Lee would have signed up for MACV/SOG just think about how many Cong he could have killed with his numchuck skillz. He could have changed the course of the war and History but wussed out. Why?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Because he wasn't an American citizen (as far as I know).  Wasn't he from Hong Kong?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:20:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because he wasn't an American citizen (as far as I know).  Wasn't he from Hong Kong?

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

and, thats that.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]

1. Bruce Lee was considered medically unfit for the Vietnam War because he had an undescended testicle.

2. Bruce Lee was an American citizen born in California and then moved to Hong Kong when 3.
Google works
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahem, non-citizens served in the US Army in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ahhhh, no. He was born in San Francisco California. He was a natural born American citizen.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

1. Bruce Lee was considered medically unfit for the Vietnam War because he had an undescended testicle.

2. Bruce Lee was an American citizen born in California and then moved to Hong Kong when 3.

Google works

I was unaware of either of these.

Can you imagine how bad ass he would have been once his balls dropped?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh, no. He was born in San Francisco California. He was a natural born American citizen.

Ok, then.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how his skill would work again firearms.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Non citizens also serve in the military.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google works

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Non citizens also serve in the military.

Yeah, but non-citizens are not eligible for the draft and therefore do not have to serve in the military.

Which is a moot point because he apparently was an American citizen.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#13]
If I looked like Charlie I wouldn't want to go to Vietnam either...
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:29:32 AM EDT
[#14]
He was a double nawt secret agent you foo! Why you think he made all them movies in Asia before comin' home to make American films. By day a martial arts star, by night a secret agent man. Enter the Dragon is like a documentary of his exploits all condensed into a single movie. That's why the commies kilt him (with the dim mak death touch no less). All those movie stars are like that- movie stars by day something else at night (mostly like social workers, political historians, economists and ecologists and the like). A lot smarter (and dangerous) than your average folk.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If I looked like Charlie I wouldn't want to go to Vietnam either...

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#16]
serving in war is not a pre-requisite for badass.

Dave_A has served in war.

George Davis has not. George is a drunk and a biker and a career criminal and he would eat Dave for breakfast the minute Dave said anything negative about his ancestor Jefferson.

Be objective please.

ETA

George has more fights, both gun and knife, against overwhelming odds, under his belt than Dave. He makes the cops beat him senseless on principle when they go to arrest him, just because. Fall down around George and he reactively stomps on you until unconcious. Think about it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Google works

I got a waiver for flat feet. I guess back then they were not issuing testicle waivers while at the same time forcibly impressing thousands of people per month via the draft into the military. One of his nutz was hung up so he couldn't make it Guess he wasn't the warrior he was made out to be but people ride Stallone. What the double standard.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but non-citizens are not eligible for the draft and therefore do not have to serve in the military.

Which is a moot point because he apparently was an American citizen.

Resident aliens do have to register for the draft ("green card" holders).

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit to add: resident aliens also pay taxes too.

All resident aliens must sign up for selective service.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:34:55 AM EDT
[#20]
The .mil knew that Kato and the Green Hornet were homosexual lovers.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#21]
David Carradine and Bruce Lee both served, they just couldn't talk about it.  Secret Kung Fu sects.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:40:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did not know that either.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I signed up when I was 18 and I wasn't a citizen till 5 days before my 21st birthday.

As far as the original post in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:47:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

George Davis has not. George is a drunk and a biker and a career criminal and he would eat Dave for breakfast the minute Dave said anything negative about his ancestor Jefferson.

Be objective please.

ETA

George has more fights, both gun and knife, against overwhelming odds, under his belt than Dave. He makes the cops beat him senseless on principle when they go to arrest him, just because. Fall down around George and he reactively stomps on you until unconcious. Think about it.

I feel your point, agree. But who the hell is George Davis

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Be objective please.

ETA

a guy i know, career criminal, felon, meets general arfcom criteria for scumbag...yet is one of the toughest and most honorable guys i know.

eta

ever play left4dead?

that character francis the biker, thats george, even looks like him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be objective please.

ETA

a guy i know, career criminal, felon, meets general arfcom criteria for scumbag...yet is one of the toughest and most honorable guys i know.

eta

ever play left4dead?

that character francis the biker, thats george, even looks like him.

I know a guy like that we call Porter. Scares the kiddies to look at him but straight up guy who's always first to back you when you need him. He's not a career criminal but has had some problems, mainly due to not taking any crap off anyone.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#27]
career criminal is a term so easily flung around nowadays.

if you ever grew or sold pot that slap you with it.

economic opportunity is somewhat lacking here, but george is such a good guy he went down to help rebuild after katrina, despite being covered in white supremacist tats which are a result of his first prison sentence for having a gun while carrying 2 20 bags o weed. (jury didnt believe he wasnt selling, one belonged to his brother lol)

good ole george.

course to most here he is scum, but he is honorable ieven f uneducated, and loyal to any who treat him as a person. first guy to attack when someone harms or threatens people he considers "good people". absolutely hates young guys say 20-26 who date these 16 year old girls, always yells "drop the candybar and step away from the baby" when he sees them lol.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#28]
It was against the Geneva Convention to allow Bruce Lee to use military weapons.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

He could have changed the course of the war and History

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google works

I don't know why that is a disqualified but leave anything up to the docs.

So that's why his shrieking was so high pitched.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:04:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google works

AND if he wasn't born in San Francisco?  

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Poor bastard is dead and buried.
let him rest in peace.
John Wayne didn't serve in the Military either and he was the BADDEST of the bad ass screen heros.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:21:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Poor bastard is dead and buried.
let him rest in peace.
John Wayne didn't serve in the Military either and he was the BADDEST of the bad ass screen heros.

Umm-I think that would be Audie Murphy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Once again an arfcom truism is revealed.

No one can be a "bad ass" unless they were in the military.

I had a friend that got out of boot camp and said "I learned how to kick people's asses real good, I'm ready for a fight, NO ONE can beat me now!"

I told my dad about this and he laughed (he went through the same boot camp) and said "All they gave him was enough training to get his ass kicked real good"

GR
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Martial arts mastery means absolutely nothing when confronted by artillery.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#37]
. "Bruce Lee was considered medically unfit for the Vietnam War because he had an undescended testicle."

That shouldn't have been disqualifying.  I knew some dick heads like the guy who shot and killed his squad leader with a round from an M14 at a distance of 4 feet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

David Carradine and Bruce Lee both served, they just couldn't talk about it. Secret Kung Fu sects.

And neither were masters of Sinanju. Only Chiun could hear the flexor tendon moving, which makes dodging bullets possible.

Kung Fu, Karate, Ninjitsu... nothing more than shadows. Sinanju is the sun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Chuck Norris served a 4 year enlistment and got out before the war but did his duty. Even Al Gore made an appearance. If Bruce Lee would have signed up for MACV/SOG just think about how many Cong he could have killed with his numchuck skillz. He could have changed the course of the war and History but wussed out. Why?
Bullshit, he would have pulled out some nun chucks and got shot.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Bullets, claymores, punji traps, etc.

While knowing martial arts doesn't hurt, probably doesn't help too much in modern warfare.  Unless of course, you find yourself in a situation like in Saving Private Ryan, engaged in hand to hand combat to the death, and your buddy "Oppum" is sitting outside crying to himself.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually he was born in Seattle...where he was buried.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#42]
One of my closest buddies was a German citizen who got his draft notice a month after he got his green card..
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

they could block boolets.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Damn, even his balls were afraid of him.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Damn, even his balls were afraid of him.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This...This...This

How the hell can anyone argue Bruce or anyone in the MA would survive a firefight?

You guys are watching too much "The Last Dragon"
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Bruce frequently took his students to the range.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he wasn't an American citizen (as far as I know). Wasn't he from Hong Kong?

Actually he was born in Seattle...where he was buried.

other data including wiki

Bruce Lee was born in the Year of the dragon according to the Chinese zodiac calendar, November 27, 1940, at the Chinese Hospital in San Francisco’s Chinatown.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they could block boolets.

tell me you spelled "boolets" wrong on purpose
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top