Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2002 11:37:48 AM EDT
This is what I just posted to Democratic Underground's "Justice/Public Safety" forum.  If this don't get me booted, I'll be amazed.  I felt I had to share it here.

I have posted this in response to Paladin, but it's important enough (to me) to put it up as its own thread so it can only be missed on purpose.  I've really enjoyed posting in this forum.  I have, I hope, been a well-behaved if irritating guest.  I have not implied that gun control proponents are evil or stupid, or even members of some vast left-wing conspiracy.  What I did imply, and actually come right out and state is that gun control proponents are largely ignorant of the facts, avoid looking at reality, and if they're gun owners themselves are willing to encourage new laws as long as [i]they themselves[/i] are not affected.  I've illustrated that gun control laws have "unintended consequences" because [i]nobody thinks about what they'll do[/i].  I've illustrated the gun control mindset that corresponds "not doing anything for public safety" to "not passing more gun controls".  I also noted that a large portion of gun control proponents actually [i]are[/i] afraid of inanimate objects - and you yourselves must admit that is true. I've illustrated that that fearful mindset has been developed since the 1950's and is a direct result of propaganda (with NUMEROUS examples) from the major gun control groups.  I have illustrated that the major media is acting, consciously or unconsciously, in concert with those groups in order to spread that propaganda.

I have been consistent in my position that gun control is a noble public safety position for you, but a civil rights question to me.  That the gun control agenda as practiced in this country is aimed at civilian disarmament in direct violation of the protection of the Second Amendment, and that if we can do that to one civil right, we can (and can expect to) do it to all of them.  I've been calm and polite, and I've backed up my position with example after example illustrating the problems with the gun control position.  

(cont'd)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
(part deux)

And you still don't get it.  I do admit, I'm not surprised.  I never expected when I came in here to actually affect your mindset.  Human beings are the only creatures capable of holding three mutually-exclusive beliefs before breakfast.  My reasons for posting in here were twofold:  As I told Acerbic in the last post to him in the "Question for" thread [url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=519&forum=DCForumID32&omm=0[/url], I like a good argument, they're fun.  Spanking him over his "edumacation" conceit was exhilarating, and pointing out Paladin's illogic in the "Armed Society" thread [url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=540&forum=DCForumID32&omm=0[/url] was fun too (but not anywhere [i]near[/i] as satisfying - he isn't as self-righteous as Acerbic).  I was literally shocked when RITC asked me to explain what I meant about "incorporation" in the "Guns and State's Rights" thread [url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=455&forum=DCForumID32&omm=0[/url].  I imagine pointing out that gun control in this country began in racism and has expanded to Statism must have made his brain hurt:  "Racism is bad.  But gun control is racist.  But that means gun control is....OW!"  No wonder he hasn't had anything to say about it.  Helluva leap when we go from "guns are restricted to citizens" to "not even being a citizen guarantees you a right to arms".  Yassuh, Massa Mateja.  Whatever y'all say, Massa.  I just be shufflin' off to divest myself of my guns now, Massa.  Not bleeding likely.

Unfortunately all this posting has eaten a great deal of my time.  I'm well behind on a major project and cannot spare any more time in what is, after all, merely entertainment for me.  If I'm not booted after this post, I'll return from time to time to hold up a mirror to the larger idiocies I see in here and invite you to look at yourselves.  

Thanks.  It's been fun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the topic and was wondering to myself, "[b]Why would anyone want to get kicked out of Ducks Unlimited?[/b]".

You can tell where my mind is at  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I read the topic and was wondering to myself, "[b]Why would anyone want to get kicked out of Ducks Unlimited?[/b]".

You can tell where my mind is at  [:)]
View Quote

And mine. I am reading this post after returning from the last duck hunt of the season.

Great to see someone is taking the time to keep the anti's properly educated.

Keep up the good work.  [smash]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top