Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 4:38:32 PM EDT
Is there anyway you can get 100% geniune NEW 50 cal ammo cans?

How about like-new ones, with all paint, and no dings, scratches, and or dents.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
sure, stop by your local gun show, they usually have a good supply for sale there
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an Asian fellow who sells a lot of military surplus and sometimes shows up at the San Jose, CA and always shows up at the San Francisco, CA gun shows.  At the last San Jose show (12/23/01) he had brand new 50 cal. cans complete with the original dessicant inside and a warning label on the outside saying not to open can and remove dessicant until ready for use.  That's about as new as you can get.  I think he was asking $5 ea.  This was the first time I had seen new cans, but his used ones are darn near 95%+.

T & S gunshows are the promoters of the San Jose show.  You might do a search on the internet for them, get their contact #, call and ask if they can supply you with his business name/phone number.  Mention he was at the 12/23 show.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
he had brand new 50 cal. cans complete with the original dessicant inside and a warning label on the outside saying not to open can and remove dessicant until ready for use.
View Quote

I've popped the depot seals on thousands of .50 cal cans (with .50 cal inside) and I've never seen a desicant pack inside one.  Maybe he had cans that were never used by a depot, but I wonder why the dessicant.  Certain containers require dessicant even when empty, but, to the best of my knowledge, small arms containers (even when used for other than small arms ammo) don't.

Eddie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top