Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 8:40:14 PM EDT
Hi, let's say I have an alarm system at home hooked into an X10 lighting system.

If I am at home and the alarm is enabled, should I have the lighting system turn on any lights in the house and if so, which ones?  Common areas (stairs), or everything including bedroom(s)?

What if I am out of the house?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
1 Have portable lighting system-surefire & co.

2 Control timing of lights on, incorporate into tactics.
weapon ready
portable light ready
listen
eyes closed-all lights on
interior lights off-eyes open
scan for silhouettes
move family to safe room
clear house-
cover, scan, lights on, scan, lights off (you have the remote right?) move to new cover, repeat...
Use home turf advantage, lighting to place intruder at disadvantage. Be able to clear house in the dark. Light up and cause loss of night vision in intruder, keep yourself in the dark and be mindful of light behind you that might silhouette you. Have it all figured out before you have to face this. Have your family be aware of what is going on and in cover, safe zone.
If you are going to spring for the x10, put in a couple of those cameras.

Forget everything I said, I made it up.
Get a dog and you'll be way ahead of the game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top