Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 397
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody have a solid referral for a reputable HRT/Anti aging clinic that deals with out of state patients? I'm tired of wasting my time with local PC Dr's that just want to push anti depressants.

Please PM or E-mail me if you don't wish to openly post. Thank you!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
can a med dr from 1 state remotely practice on someone in another state?  i hate that things in this country legally are as such that  I have to ask, but is this legal?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dule1977] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LinkedM4:
can a med dr from 1 state remotely practice on someone in another state?  i hate that things in this country legally are as such that  I have to ask, but is this legal?
View Quote

http://www.defymedical.com/

Also alot of good info on this forum.   http://www.excelmale.com/forum.php
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Going on about 2 months without clomid and 2 weeks off any HCG my T level was 226.  The anti-aging doctor thinks that my borderline insulin resistance is a contributing factor in my T being suppressed.  So I'm working on diet changes.  They did go ahead and start me on Test C injections though like I wanted.  They are starting me out at 80mg a week along with 250iu of HCG EOD.  A follow up visit will be 3 months down the road.  I was hoping for a higher dose but I'm fine with starting out at this level and seeing how I respond to it.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to goodrx.com.  The discount code allowed me to get 10ml of Test C from Walgreens for just over $43.

View Quote

Keep us updated on how you feel.   100mg of T and 750iu of HCG only keep me about 600.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:12:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delicious_bass] [#6]
Originally Posted By ArmedAndLoaded:
Tagged.

30 years old.  Test came back 337, Doctor said it's normal.  The little research I've done says otherwise.
View Quote

Normal for an 80 year old man.  Do more searching and present your doc with current research found posted in this thread.   If he doesn't listen find someone else!   Welcome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Not without being licensed in that state.
View Quote

Im pretty sure that varies state by state.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#8]
Originally Posted By delicious_bass:

Keep us updated on how you feel.   100mg of T and 750iu of HCG only keep me about 600.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delicious_bass:
Going on about 2 months without clomid and 2 weeks off any HCG my T level was 226.  The anti-aging doctor thinks that my borderline insulin resistance is a contributing factor in my T being suppressed.  So I'm working on diet changes.  They did go ahead and start me on Test C injections though like I wanted.  They are starting me out at 80mg a week along with 250iu of HCG EOD.  A follow up visit will be 3 months down the road.  I was hoping for a higher dose but I'm fine with starting out at this level and seeing how I respond to it.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to goodrx.com.  The discount code allowed me to get 10ml of Test C from Walgreens for just over $43.

It that your monthly dose?

Weekly?

?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
On the subcutaneous vs IM issue, after 3.5 days both areas are no longer inflamed or irritated.  I can still feel a BB size bump where the subcutaneous injection was.  No way to tell if there is one on the leg as it is deep in the muscle.  As of right now I don't see why anyone would want to do IM injections.  You use/move muscle and you don't move fat.  Putting a hole in a muscle and then moving it is going to be felt a lot more.  I still need to do a month of each with labs just to see if there is any difference in absorption.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
For those guys needing pins, looks like a good price. I can't always make it to cvs and when I send the wife, I end up with the wrong gauge or length. Bulk pricing as well!
link
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:36:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#11]
On the subcutaneous vs IM issue, after 3.5 days both areas are no longer inflamed or irritated.  I can still feel a BB size bump where the subcutaneous injection was.  No way to tell if there is one on the leg as it is deep in the muscle.  As of right now I don't see why anyone would want to do IM injections.  You use/move muscle and you don't move fat.  Putting a hole in a muscle and then moving it is going to be felt a lot more.  I still need to do a month of each with labs just to see if there is any difference in absorption.
View Quote

I arbitrarily started doing SQ a year ago and suggested others try it.

Fell mostly on deaf ears like most other things.

Works very well.

Doc doesn't know I do it, the NP said he wouldn't care anyhow.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
For those guys needing pins, looks like a good price. I can't always make it to cvs and when I send the wife, I end up with the wrong gauge or length. Bulk pricing as well!
link
View Quote

I buy needles, etc, on ebay, at the best $ I can find.

If needles are too long, ---like 1 inch when I need 1/2 inch, I cut a needle shroud as a stand off spacer and use that to effectively shorten the needle.

[This will likely fall on deaf ears too...  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

If needles are too long, ---like 1 inch when I need 1/2 inch, I cut a needle shroud as a stand off spacer and use that to effectively shorten the needle.

View All Quotes
link

Actually no it didn't .  I use a space for delt injections the 1" were too long.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#14]
That's good to know...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
link

With me being lazy and all, is it cheaper that the link I posted?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a friend who just got tested for Low T, he's 36

Multiple surgeries and on pain meds in the way of 10mg vicodin 3 times a day.

His T came back at 280

Doc hasn't called him yet

Question, at his age he is probably better off trying clomid first?

The opiates def knocked down the T production , will clomid over come the opiates and allow his natural production to rise?

I know guys who have bad backs and are taking the same pain med and their T is up there from injections

Question is will clomid work while still on pain meds?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jrzy:
His T came back at 280

The opiates def knocked down the T production , will clomid over come the opiates and allow his natural production to rise?

I know guys who have bad backs and are taking the same pain med and their T is up there from injections
View Quote

Seriously dude, do you have any friends that are not a local patient at the low t center?

That's best to have your friend do his research. Giving advice for opiate patients is not a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy] [#18]

Seriously dude, do you have any friends that are not a local patient at the low t center?

That's best to have your friend do his research. Giving advice for opiate patients is not a good idea.
View All Quotes

His T came back at 280

How many of your friends have found out about low T because you helped them?

This is not advice it's to find out if clomid will work when a patient takes vicodin for his back?

Injectable Test C works and overcomes the opiate, now I am just trying to help him find out if clomid will?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
link

Sure...

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#20]
When preparing HCG from powder, does anyone use a "breather" needle in the final vial so you can inject the materials without pressurizing said vial?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Just Suck some air out of the bottle before you inject the liquid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By abacus:
View Quote

How much???  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#23]

How much???  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By abacus:

How much???  

I add water to the vial with the powder. That vial has a negative pressure, so I'm just careful not to let it pull the syringe plunger down on its on. I've always been told you don't want the water to hit the powder directly. I just let the water trickle down the inside of the vial very slowly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]

This is not advice it's to find out if clomid will work when a patient takes vicodin for his back?
Injectable Test C works and overcomes the opiate, now I am just trying to help him find out if clomid will?

View All Quotes
His T came back at 280

I have no friends. I work to much to have friends.

With all the hatred for clomid, why subject him to even more problems that come with clomid? He already doesn't feel the best.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Having been on clomid and getting ready to roll back to T injections.  I can tell you I feel like shit.  My T numbers are decent, in the mid 500's, but the water retention and high estrogen issues are a PITA.  Surfing the usual sites a lot of guys seem to feel the same way.  For others it doesn't work at all.  Unless he needs to maintain fertility I wouldn't recommend it.  

The real question for your buddy is how do opiates impact T, if they suppress normal production elevating his LH and FSH may help but it may not. It really depends on how the opiates work to suppress T.  The opiates add a variable to the equation that's going to make it hard to find out what works best.  Frankly his pain management doc should be able to help answer these questions.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Were you also taking anastrozole?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Having been on clomid and getting ready to roll back to T injections.  I can tell you I feel like shit.  My T numbers are decent, in the mid 500's, but the water retention and high estrogen issues are a PITA.  Surfing the usual sites a lot of guys seem to feel the same way.  For others it doesn't work at all.  Unless he needs to maintain fertility I wouldn't recommend it.  

The real question for your buddy is how do opiates impact T, if they suppress normal production elevating his LH and FSH may help but it may not. It really depends on how the opiates work to suppress T.  The opiates add a variable to the equation that's going to make it hard to find out what works best.  Frankly his pain management doc should be able to help answer these questions.

No my levels never really got high enough to warrant it because I over respond to anastrozole.    In fact I was experiencing symptoms of low E.  Achy joints water retention etc.  

Incidentally, my peak T on it was 572 at 50mg per day.  When I went to 25mg EOD and 50mg EOD it only went down to 543.  So with clomid you should probably use the minimum amount you can get away with.  I've read of guys using as little as 25mg EOD and getting decent numbers even though quality of life didn't seem all that much better.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#28]

No my levels never really got high enough to warrant it because I over respond to anastrozole.    In fact I was experiencing symptoms of low E.  Achy joints water retention etc.  

Incidentally, my peak T on it was 572 at 50mg per day.  When I went to 25mg EOD and 50mg EOD it only went down to 543.  So with clomid you should probably use the minimum amount you can get away with.  I've read of guys using as little as 25mg EOD and getting decent numbers even though quality of life didn't seem all that much better.  

View All Quotes

I've been well over 600 on 25mg ED of Clomid. All of the bad symptoms of low T have gone away. I don't feel like (Superman, kid again, superstud) but don't suffer from the mental fog, ridiculous fatigue, ED, and so forth.

Everyone that I've known that had to start taking opiates for chronic pain got really mentally messed up - as in memory loss, inability to concentrate, short tempered, and constipation. As to why all that occurs, I have no idea. It usually takes a while to get back to normal once they get off the pain meds, too. But I can imagine that opiates mess with lots of the body's normal functions and something like Clomid is more of a minor nudge to a very specific system. I doubt there's been any drug interaction studies on that particular combination so it would be a crapshoot. However, the stuff is pretty cheap. I just got mine refilled, 90 day supply for $10.80.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Anyone have a discount code for privatemdlabs.com?  I am wanting to get a baseline right now.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:

Anyone have a discount code for privatemdlabs.com?  I am wanting to get a baseline right now.

View Quote

KE97T1 - good until the 31st
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:

Worked great, thanks so much!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Getting blood drawn now as i type.  CSB
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, I just had my doctor try to inform me that prescribing testoterone for home injections is illegal.... Fuck me!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 50ttop:
Well, I just had my doctor try to inform me that prescribing testoterone for home injections is illegal.... Fuck me!
View Quote

Oh for fucks sake....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Oh for fucks sake....
View All Quotes

Oh for fucks sake....

I laughed at him.  Now I need a referral to go to an endocrinology center and talk to someone who actually knows what is what.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:15:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#36]

I laughed at him.  Now I need a referral to go to an endocrinology center and talk to someone who actually knows what is what.
View All Quotes

Oh for fucks sake....

Did you tell him you were not paying for shit service in which he clearly has been one clue what the fuck is going on?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Hell, that means nearly every pharmacist in America is in deep shit.  Future job openings?

What a dumbass.  Out of curiosity was he an older guy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Hell, that means nearly every pharmacist in America is in deep shit.  Future job openings?

View All Quotes

Yeah, in his mid 60's
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Yeah, in his mid 60's
View All Quotes

Yeah, in his mid 60's

Not really a surprise there.  My first PCP was older and would only due in office injections.  Claimed risk of infection was too high.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Not really a surprise there.  My first PCP was older and would only due in office injections.  Claimed risk of infection was too high.
View All Quotes

Yeah, in his mid 60's

Just talked to a P.A. friend of mine that was much more willing to listen.  I may just send my lab results to him.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#41]

View All Quotes

Oh for fucks sake....

Now that's an OXYMORAN if I ever saw one...

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#42]

View All Quotes

Yeah, in his mid 60's

His risk of not making as much $$$$ was too high...  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Oh for fucks sake....

No joke. They are pretty much all idiots with a fancy $200k piece of paper on the wall.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, started on 1cc of test cyp after a cycle of the pellets.

The pellets worked great for about 3 months, great energy, started losing some belly jelly, arms and shoulders were getting all swole....I was able to really start pushing weight hard in the gym again with quick recovery. Well that didnt last long....I crashed hard about 2 months ago. I couldnt believe how hard I came down.....I couldnt drag my ass outa bed in the morning.

The other problem is the pellets cost my $650.00. My insurance covered the procedure, but I had to pay for the pellets. I am not paying $650 every 3 months.

So now I have a new doc, started me on test cyp, go back in 3 months to check levels and red blood count and insurance covers the whole thing, doctors visit and test....just not needles but the needles only cost me $14.85 for 3 months worth.

The only negative drawback is the berries have shrunk up quite a bit. Like having 10 year old boys balls.......good thing I'm married. The wife unit says big pendulous balls are gross anyways but damn. What are you guys doing about atrophy....dealing with it?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#45]
Originally Posted By MovinMan:

The pellets worked great for about 3 months, great energy, started losing some belly jelly, arms and shoulders were getting all swole....I was able to really start pushing weight hard in the gym again with quick recovery. Well that didnt last long....I crashed hard about 2 months ago. I couldnt believe how hard I came down.....I couldnt drag my ass outa bed in the morning.

The other problem is the pellets cost my $650.00. My insurance covered the procedure, but I had to pay for the pellets. I am not paying $650 every 3 months.

So now I have a new doc, started me on test cyp, go back in 3 months to check levels and red blood count and insurance covers the whole thing, doctors visit and test....just not needles but the needles only cost me $14.85 for 3 months worth.

The only negative drawback is the berries have shrunk up quite a bit. Like having 10 year old boys balls.......good thing I'm married. The wife unit says big pendulous balls are gross anyways but damn. What are you guys doing about atrophy....dealing with it?

View Quote

Hcg 500iu 3x week to keep them fullish.

That was the ONLY positive to clomid. Balls were like a porn stars and the loads were like hanging onto a fire hose.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

The only thing I would to add to Pumba's recommendation is I'd pull blood work at 30 days to monitor things like hematocrit and estradiol.  A lot can go wrong in 3 months.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#47]

The only thing I would to add to Pumba's recommendation is I'd pull blood work at 30 days to monitor things like hematocrit and estradiol.  A lot can go wrong in 3 months.

View All Quotes

And 1cc is that dosed at 200mg? At that does, estradiol is definitely a factor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Good advice, I did aromataze while on the pellets, I was taking anastrazol to deal with it, my estradoil got up to 47.

My doc says he has never worked with HCG but he is willing to do some research, is there any literature I can send his way?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Yes, 200mg.

While on pellets my levels got to 1050 and I felt great. My doc says 200mg a week I can probably expect levels to be a bit lower but he is not sure. He wants to work into it slowly and see where I end up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Yes, 200mg.

While on pellets my levels got to 1050 and I felt great. My doc says 200mg a week I can probably expect levels to be a bit lower but he is not sure. He wants to work into it slowly and see where I end up.
View All Quotes

Yes, 200mg.

It could be lower or it could be higher. There are so many factors... When I was on 200mg, I was 1164 if I recall and a 42 estradiol. I was living life! Minus the sterility I was having a blast.
Page / 397
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top