Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 1:05:58 PM EDT
I was doing a little X-Mas shopping today. Went to Toys-R-Us, and they don't sell toy guns anymore.(except the one's for GI Joe and such) Even the little police sets have hand cuffs, billy club, badge, but no gun. I went to KB toys and all they had was one toy gun, it was a cheezy cowboy action gun, and some space looking guns. I understand they dont want kids getting shot because someone see's them with a toy gun. But come on!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I found some cool aks at the .99 store I even got a one for myself so I can play also!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll check that out....its still a bummer
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Toys-R-Us stopped selling guns a year or two ago.  They didn't want to provide "violent" toys to kids.  Of course they don't have a problem selling video games where the objective is to kill as many people as possible.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw some fairly cool cowboy stuff at
Wal-Mart. They are probably next.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you looking? Here in Tucson, Wally World has a ton of toy guns, from cowboy and sherrif stuff to cap guns to you name it. Must be up to the dept manager on what they stock. Of course, a lot of them have orange barrel ends. My sons, 5 and 7, get to fire real guns though. We don't believe in toy guns. They have 6 mm BBplastic guns, one an AR15 and the other a Beretta model 92 clone, and they are required to treat them as real. No pointing at anyone, always down range, always treat as loaded, etc. They like shooting the 22 rifle and pistol and the 7 year old has even fired my wifes .380.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
IT is also very hard to find them here in Calif. also. When i do find them i pick them for my son who is 6. Around halloween we found them and i bought several that seems to be the best time of year to buy them. In Calif ther is a law that all toy guns must be a bright color. I even have a hard time finding Squirt Guns.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Remember back in the day (early 80's) when they had those 3/4 size replica cap guns that were clip fed and ejected the empties? I had a M-16 and a 1911. NO WAY those guns are still around. Even with the orange barrel plug they look too real. I remember cop playsets that had a revolver and holster. My kids are getting cap guns if they want them. Probably should buy some now though, doubt there will be any left by the time I reproduce :) LAter.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
buy all toy guns that you can find.  in a few years you will have a nice 'pre-ban' collection.  my youngest is 15, and when he was 5 or 6, toy guns were becoming scarce.  
this is how the anti's do it - one step at a time.  assign a stigma to gun ownership, make guns evil, teach kids in school that gun ownership is bad and wrong. the kids grow up being expelled for pointing a finger and yelling 'pow, pow', for playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians or for drawing pictures of relatives that are soldiers with guns.
then when the older gunners die out gun control will be in place.
i buy kids in my family toy guns, my kids went from toy guns to BB guns.  even when playing, the toy guns can be used to teach gun safety.

PC is choking this great nation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Man does this suck!  I was practically raised with toy plastic guns.  We had several UZI's and a couple 16's.  I guess nobody can even play military as kids anymore...
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had the same trouble finding a toy gun for my 2 yr old boy.  Finally found a pump shotgun cap gun at Walmart.  Note also that you can still get 15 shot strip caps (yeah...I am pretty sure they were manufactured before 1994)
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
We were so poor......
We used broom sticks for rifles and water ballons for grenades.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the most popular kids when I was growing up had a platoon's worth of real wooden muskets and flintlock type pistols.  I think the latter had something to do with his popularity.

I looked him up a few years ago - he lived way out of town.  The neighbors were getting rowdy and I had to dissuade him from launching a few rounds from an HK 91 over their roof.  OOOOOkay!  I guess it was a good thing we left for the big city when I was in 6th grade.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:39:24 AM EDT
[#13]
AMHsix your neice might like the toy guns too. Don't forget those rubber band repeaters they sell at gun shows. By the way. Been reading this board for a while, my first stop in the morning working on the first pot of coffee. Happy New Year to all.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:42:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Just buy all the kids pellet guns and even real ones. I bought my nephew a Ruger 10/22 for Christmas. He's in first grade.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top