BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where is the tropical shitstorm pic when you need it.  

Damn, already been posted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
So if LaRue had done the same and raised prices would it have caused this much of a stink?

LaRue is so hot right now he could take a crap, wrap it in tinfoil, put a couple fish hooks on it and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earrings.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
ARFCOM: Are we going to sit here and take this or are we going to STAND UP
for ourselves??? Spikes Tactical has not only taken advantage of us but they
have also:

1. Lied about it

2. Called one of our members a "Retard"

3. Called us ALL "Idiots"

Where do we the people draw the line here??

I officially petition to BAN SPIKES TACTICAL!!

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
have also:

1. Lied about it

Settle down, it's not personal. Just take the business elsewhere. No reason for name calling from either side. Just be mindful of who you buy from in the future.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Now this is a good reason not to do business with a company. Shame they're doing the SEBR.

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
have also:

1. Lied about it

I think their business drying up is enough punishment
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
have also:

1. Lied about it

I think their business drying up is enough punishment

Yep
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought two doublestar lowers from Bud's for $99 shipped a week or two ago.  I felt kind of silly for buying two receivers I didn't immediately need, but hey, I'll use them some day.

The polls were looking bad for McCain they were raised to $109 shipped.

Then Obama won, and they are $119 shipped.

Now I'm starting to regret I didn't buy four or five more
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I have seen some real stupid shit on ARFCOM, but this takes the cake.  There is so much doom and gloom and now everyone wants to bash a good vendor.  A lot of folks really need to grow up here.  You can all commence to telling me to fuck off now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like another dealer/manufacturer I won't be buying anything from.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]
tag for later
I do like the 9mm upper they built for me
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So thats why the lowers you already have sitting at your shop went up $64 dollars overnight..yeah that makes total sense

kind of like how gas already in the stations' tanks goes up over night

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad I bought a couple at $100 each.  Group buys rule.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=565332

Seriously, it's a free market.  Why all the drama?  If they price them too high, they won't sell as many.  

They may feel they now have a premium brand (they are pretty nice) and can command a premium price.

Just remember, vote with your wallet.  The free market will take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Read up on House Bill # 1022, HR 1022 was written in 2007... it isn't dead yet. Buy what you can while you can. They (the democrats) want to take our black rifles away. Those who don't think it will happen... think again, we are looking at the most liberal President, who he himself has said he wants to take away our assault rifles, we have a democratic controlled House and Senate to boot.... whatever they want to pass, passes.  Lay-off Spikes, they have been supporting all of us in the gun community, unfortunately times have 'Changed', which is something that not only Barack wanted, but everyone who voted for him. Our gun rights are up in the air as it sits.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
have also:

1. Lied about it

I fail to see how Spikes is taking advantage of anybody. If you don't like their price don't buy it. It's not as if they are the only ones that sell stripped lowers. Calling for a ban is just stupid. Some people are acting like idiots and a little retarded. To many people done got their panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I have always liked the fit and finish on Spikes Lowers better than my other three.  They have a great product.  Its unfortunate that The days of the $115.00 lower are history.

I bet the DPMS lowers are looking better and better, even to those that don't like DPMS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#20]
They won't be getting any of my business..........
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got this reply from TOM

Instant Messenger :: Message

Re: Now it makes sense

MY IM THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN RETURNING MY CALLS OR EMAILS FOR THE LAST WEEK... YOU KNEW IF YOU WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS YOU COULD FUCK ME OVER ON THE PRICE... RRA HERE I COME

HIS REPLY We are slammed WTF are you talking about. If all the fucking Idiots didnt go crazy and panic we wouldnt have this problem retard.

So now he is calling all of us who are buying uppers "JUST IN CASE" IDIOTS. That makes great business sence.

Its good to know that all of us customers past and future are " fucking idiots".

Classy move Tom

ETA:  Not everyone has unlimited income to buy everything they want when they want it.  I would say a lot of panic buying is happening right now and you should be greatful that when the panic buyers chose a vendor they chose Spikes.  Instead you refer to them as idiots.

Noted, and forwarded to all the friends who have been sending me e-mails about who to order from.  You WERE on that list

I won't judge you on your prices because only you know what your cost is.  I will however judge you on your comment about the customers who came to you with the hard earned money

Well try to read FUCK SPIKE'S, FUCK SPIKE'S, ALL DAY LONG and see how you feel. After you have Worked your ASS off to help EVERYONE!

That's all well and good, but ya'll are taking advantage of an already shitty situation.  What do you expect?  It's a free market and you guys can choose to run your business however you see fit, but you can't expect people to be happy about your decision to arbitrarily raise prices for no reason other than to cash in.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We eat our own ?

Your upset a guy is trying to make a little cash before obama closes him down.

How is anyone trying to close anyone down?
He is not in office yet.
I can give a crap about what he sells shit for, I am not one buying but who the fuck is closing down who?
Links?

Google first link

The gun industry will shrink.

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got this reply from TOM

Instant Messenger :: Message

Re: Now it makes sense

MY IM THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN RETURNING MY CALLS OR EMAILS FOR THE LAST WEEK... YOU KNEW IF YOU WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS YOU COULD FUCK ME OVER ON THE PRICE... RRA HERE I COME

HIS REPLY We are slammed WTF are you talking about. If all the fucking Idiots didnt go crazy and panic we wouldnt have this problem retard.

So now he is calling all of us who are buying uppers "JUST IN CASE" IDIOTS. That makes great business sence.

Its good to know that all of us customers past and future are " fucking idiots".

Classy move Tom

ETA:  Not everyone has unlimited income to buy everything they want when they want it.  I would say a lot of panic buying is happening right now and you should be greatful that when the panic buyers chose a vendor they chose Spikes.  Instead you refer to them as idiots.

Noted, and forwarded to all the friends who have been sending me e-mails about who to order from.  You WERE on that list

I won't judge you on your prices because only you know what your cost is.  I will however judge you on your comment about the customers who came to you with the hard earned money

Well try to read FUCK SPIKE'S, FUCK SPIKE'S, ALL DAY LONG and see how you feel. After you have Worked your ASS off to help EVERYONE!

edit:  you know what, not worth my time anymore.  You made your bed, you lay in it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not going to jump on the Bash-Spike's-Band-Wagon.

Seriously though, everyone's prices are going up.  When the Hurricane Ike was coming towards Houston here, everyone filled their gas tanks (+ every container they could find), went out and hoarded ice/bottles of water/bread/etc and tried to stand in line for 2 - 3 hours to get a generator like it was the end of the F-ING WORLD AND some prices DID GO UP!

Did we ban the Exxons, Home Depot/Lowes, Wal-Marts, etc...... for raising their prices....NO we didn't.  When Clinton and crew passed the ban back in 1994, prices went up and people bitched about it.  So what.  Either buy what you can or don't.

Just because Spike's increased thier prices, you don't have to buy from them.  Sure you can bash them, but then you're just being a jackass.

I just think the finger pointing is in the wrong direction.

Sorry for the little rant.  Hope I made some sense to some people.......
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Done.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top