Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 5:08:44 PM EDT
Article over at Townhall.com from Pat Buchanan:

[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/pb20011212.shtml[/url]

His answer: Our government's fault.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased " Day of Deceit...The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor"

Although I have barely cracked the cover,I somewhat expect another loathing of a Democratic Prez.

Author is Robert B. Stinnett...He dedicates this book to John Moss (D.,CA) Author of the Freedom of Information Act.

The premise is that FDR allowed the attack to happen so as the American people would be pi$$ed off enough to set aside Isolationist attitudes and back the Congress for a Declartion of War???

Might be worthwhile reading!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Because they were sneaky bastards who thought we would be cowed by violence and stay out of their grasping for economic dominance of Eastern Asia.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Because we are filthy infiedel dogs and it is time for us to explain our sins to Allah.....wait...hang on, that's somebody else
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The Japanese attacked us for two reasons:
1)we were refusing to sell them the oil and steel they needed to keep grinding the Far East under their heel...how DARE we refuse to sell them supplies!  The horror!
2)we were a potential threat to their hegemony in the Pacific.
Pat Buchanan and anyone else who wants to blame the US for Pearl Harbor can kiss my hair white ass.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Japan attacked us because they wanted to eventually invade mainland United States, and because we stopped trading steel and oil with them. We stopped trading with them because of they were killing and raping innocents in China. Japan was also highly militaristic at the time.

It may be true that some of the things America did caused Japan to get pissed off and attack us, but America was correct by cutting off trade. To say that the government is directly responsible is absurd.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Liberty, I, for one, don't mind you posting.
But for Heaven's sake, at least post topics that make sense, please.
View Quote

Off topic :

raf (Royal Air Force) [;D] I just love what you did to your signature...M1's and Old Glory just seem to go together [;)]

Just mess'in with ya dude [:D]

Merry CHRISTmas !!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
We put a trade embargo on Japan. They saw us as a threat to their empire. And believed that any action towards the Dutch East Indes and other vaulable holdings in the Pacific. We would attack them. So, they believed that a swift knock out blow to the U.S. Pacific fleet would bring the U.S. to the negotiation table for peace.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The Royal Air Force part was the "mess'in" with you part...But for old time sake's...Lucas (Britt type electronics) is known as the "Lord of Darkness" [;)]

God Bless !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top