Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 12:51:50 PM EDT

This .mpg shows a guy shooting his friends SWD M11/9mm submachinegun when it runs away from him. You can clearly see him take his finger off of the trigger.

50 rounds down range real fast!

[url]http://1919a4.com/gca/blooper-walter-m11-runaway.mpg[/url]

p.s. I had to right click and 'save as' to get it to work for me.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
theres a guy over at subguns who nearly lost a finger in a similar incident.  he unfortunately did not have a supressor to shield his hand.  he let the bolt fly and it immediately went full auto.  he was luckily able to keep it downrange.  AD's are serious business, i hope the guy in the video got the gun looked at immediately.
safe shooting.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
theres a guy over at subguns who nearly lost a finger in a similar incident.  he unfortunately did not have a supressor to shield his hand.  he let the bolt fly and it immediately went full auto.  he was luckily able to keep it downrange.  AD's are serious business, i hope the guy in the video got the gun looked at immediately.
safe shooting.
View Quote

Actually, that guy is from the D/FW area. From the way I understand it the bullet went through his hand longways, which required surgery on his thumb and ring finger. Luckily he had no nerve damage and should be near as new once he heals.

I didn't post that video cause I wouldn't want everybody oogling at me if I ever happen to shoot myself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Darn good situational awareness!  

There are folks who would have turned 90 to 180 degrees to figure out what was going wrong.  I can't count all of the times I have been at the range and had some one sweep me with a muzzle while trying to clear a malfuntion of one kind or another.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Kudos to the shooter for keeping his cool and keeping the gun pointed downrange!

[50]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
There's an old rumor about a fellow that had that happen at a local range.  Story has it that the guy was at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club here in the Bay Area, CA.  He let the bolt fly and it went full auto on him.  He put it down on the bench and let go only to have it recoil behind him and shoot him in the back killing him.  Not sure about the validity but I have heard it a number of times around here.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's an old rumor about a fellow that had that happen at a local range.  Story has it that the guy was at the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club here in the Bay Area, CA.  He let the bolt fly and it went full auto on him.  He put it down on the bench and let go only to have it recoil behind him and shoot him in the back killing him.  Not sure about the validity but I have heard it a number of times around here.

View Quote

It wouldn't surprise me if this were true. A runaway gun can be extremely dangerous if you let it get away from you.

I can't understand what would cause someone to put a gun down that is firing uncontrollably though. Best thing is to just hang on for the ride, unless you can safely drop the mag.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
In both cases wasn't it a MAC 10?

The video and the incident on Saturday?

I got the email that the guy is okay and has several pins and stuff holding his hand together. Fortunately the weapon jammed stopping the runaway. The barrel rise is what put his hand in harm's way.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
They were both SWD M11/9s. The one Saturday was a 1986 manufacture gun. This is bringing into question the heat treat on the parts and the quality control on the guns made trying to beat the ban.

I really don't know if this is true or not. I do, however, know that I have two consecutively serial numbered guns that are 7500 lower than the guy who shot himself this last weekend. Mine were made in 86 as well. Assuming that they were all made in numerical order then there are at least 15,000 M11's out there made in 1986 alone! I'm not sure if this is correct though, I'll ask over on subguns and see if anybody know the actual numbers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
two thumbs up to this guy, he really kept his cool.. for some reason i dont think he had a clas 3 license though.[;D]
Top Top