Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 7:54:58 AM EDT
My first morning back in the PRK I am awaken to some guy yelling out in the street.  Because the apartment I am staying in doesn't have a view of the street, I can't see anything.  All of a sudden I hear 3 very loud booms.  Each about 5 seconds apart.  Then I hear some loud moaning.  I grabbed my Sig and was going to go make sure someone was not dying out in the middle of the street.  Then I realized that my CCW was no good here in the PRK.  I decided to go down without my gun not knowing if there was still someone with a gun or if the shooter had ran into my building etc...  When I get down there some guy comes out of my garage and says he saw everything.  Some "big black guy" was in the middle of the street with a "big handgun" and fired some shots at another guy with long blonde hair.  Apparently other people were involved because when about 30 LAPD officers arrived weilding shotguns, they arrested a guy and a girl right in front of me who another witness pointed out.  I never found out if anyone had been shot.  If they did I think they might have fled in a black 4 door Accura according to the police radio.  I am so glad that Kalifornia has common sense gun laws.  It makes me feel real safe.    
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Just another day in Paradise [X]

ARSwami

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hear 3 very loud booms.  Each about 5 seconds apart.  Then I hear some loud moaning.  I grabbed my Sig and was going to go make sure someone was not dying out in the middle of the street.  
View Quote

Ever consider calling 911 and getting paramedics rolling?

If I'm laying the street bleeding dont run out with a gun in your hand, bring me a cell phone or a trauma dressing!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't go running out in the street after a crime has occurred.

Especially in a city where EMT response is minutes away and considering that law enforcement and emergency personnel are able to communicate with each other.

Our tax dollars pay for these things so it doesn't make a lot of sense to get involved in dangerous situations that don't concern you or your loved ones.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
.......I can't see anything.  All of a sudden I hear 3 very loud booms.  Each about 5 seconds apart.  Then I hear some loud moaning.  I grabbed my Sig and was going to go make sure someone was not dying out in the middle of the street.  Then I realized that my CCW was no good here in the PRK.  I decided to go down without my gun not knowing if there was still someone with a gun or if the shooter had ran into my building etc
View Quote

Dude you came damn near earning a Darwin award!

WTF were u doing going unarmed into a potential gunfight [whacko] ... that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time...  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the land of the Caliban!  Later today, they should have a public meeting to cut off the perp's hand and foot.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Dol,
You've got a good heart and you are obviously concerned with the welfare of your fellow man.  However, I would have advised you against entering the "combat zone" unless a friend, neighbor, or family member was in danger.  And, if that were the case, I would recommend bringing the Sig...regardless of the law.

Your personal safety supercedes any stupid arbitrary laws.  Just keep the piece out of sight unless it's needed.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt.  But, the truth is that most times there is a shooting, it's one criminal shooting another.  Hardly worth the personal risk to yourself...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Its a good thing there wasn't a folding stock or a hi cap magazine involved here. You narrowly avoided a REAL tragedy!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#8]
But there are two in "loose."
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its a good thing there wasn't a folding stock or a hi cap magazine involved here. You narrowly avoided a REAL tragedy!
View Quote

Yup, those folding stocks are DEADLY!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You should be careful if you get involved in some of these altercations.  The law around here sometimes proscutes the good guy just as vigourly as the bad guy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Folding stocks, hicap mags.....Thank god there were no bayonet lugs involved! [shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top