BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome pics.

If I was a bad guy, I'm not sure which would scare me more, an abrams or a 6x6 full of guys so ready to fuck my shit up they are nearly pissing themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i had a CAT 1 IMI MRAP in iraq and loved it. I liked the hydraulic assisted doors, so no smashed limbs like with the CAT 2 CAC vehicles.  my MRAP got some kickass gas mileage, and even told you the MPG on the dash.

heres some more of my mrap family pics:

EOD JERV, which happens to be caught in 3 feet of human poop.

RG-34

an iraqi RG vehicle that was destroyed

Buffalo

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome Photos!! Thanks for sharing those!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Awesome Photos!! Thanks for sharing those!

i miss my mrap...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So does that fuel truck in the last pic have to follow them around?

LOL Not sure... But it probably couldn't hurt.
From my understanding they do ok MPG for a big diesel.

6x6 has 2 HUGE tanks, and really good range. 4x4 not as ,uch, but still very respectable.

I just spent 7 months VCing a 6x. Great truck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Company I work for makes the fire protection for a large percentage of MRAPs and route clearance and other vehicles like the Stryker, and HMMV.  We have some testemonials from troops on our product, ehihc really makes us proud!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to know who makes the rubber for them ...... those look like some serious tires that would kick ass on civie 4x4 depending on how much they weigh

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the JLTV project will replace the MRAP?

Don't know.
we do have this little guy we have been working on.
I didn't particularly care for the camo they had on it at the time.

The Cheetah. Much smaller.

WANT!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I want to know who makes the rubber for them ...... those look like some serious tires that would kick ass on civie 4x4 depending on how much they weigh

Michelin XZL's.  The Cougars will likely be getting retrofitted with better suspension and larger 16R20 tires.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
No wonder we saw some when we visited my son in SC.  So do those fit in the drive-thru at Maurice's?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome Thread!!

Thank you for sharing the pics.. and thank you for taking such pride in your work.  Thank all you service men and women...

but honestly.. I don't know how you do it.. being able to roll in one of those badass rigs, and then coming back stateside, your back to your pick-up.. it would just be inferior
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL   those things are fuckin monsters.  I park next to them alot at the DFAC's and PX etc.   I really really want to go bust one out and have some fun with them,  gotta find a soldier dumb enough to let me have the keys.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LOL   those things are fuckin monsters.  I park next to them alot at the DFAC's and PX etc.   I really really want to go bust one out and have some fun with them,  gotta find a soldier dumb enough to let me have the keys.  

Your in luck.  They don't have keys, just a toggle switch.  Next time you see one unattended, hop in and go!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your in luck.  They don't have keys, just a toggle switch.  Next time you see one unattended, hop in and go!

find yourself a screwdriver and you can usually get in.  i didnt see many vehicles other than ours that actually put a padlock in the combat locks.  and as with every other military vehicle...there is padlocks on all doors and the turret hatch is left unlocked.

not that im advocating you snatching an unsecured vehicle for some joyriding...

my mrap was painfull to offroad with, especially for the gunner. you get beat to shit in the back and in the turret.  at least in the back you are strapped in.  ive had bruises just under my body armor where I ate the turret ring or face planted the .50. it will haul ass but you will pay for it if you hit a pothole or something.  the driver and VC have it nice though, like a luxury truck.  everyone used to fight over who got to drive.  I was dedicated gunner/dismount so I never got any luxury out of it.

i had three vehicles in iraq.  an abrams, a CAT 1 MRAP, and an 1151 humvee guntruck.  on trips back to the FOB pulling up to the PX in a tank or mrap was always cool.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ah the ultimate BOV.

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this guys?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/wulf50guy/ReallyWantCoon.jpg

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No wonder we saw some when we visited my son in SC.  So do those fit in the drive-thru at Maurice's?

Don't know about the drive through but, I do know, they get test driven down to Charleston and back before they get shipped out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 3:15:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Company I work for makes the fire protection for a large percentage of MRAPs and route clearance and other vehicles like the Stryker, and HMMV.  We have some testemonials from troops on our product, ehihc really makes us proud!

Cool Nice to run into people on here that work on the same projects I do.

It's especially a great feeling to see all the ones on here that have driven/ridden in the vehicles. Makes me feel good to see the trucks are doing their jobs.

I huge thank you to all of you who have or are serving !!

Link Posted: 10/20/2008 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

find yourself a screwdriver and you can usually get in.  i didnt see many vehicles other than ours that actually put a padlock in the combat locks.  and as with every other military vehicle...there is padlocks on all doors and the turret hatch is left unlocked.

not that im advocating you snatching an unsecured vehicle for some joyriding...

my mrap was painfull to offroad with, especially for the gunner. you get beat to shit in the back and in the turret.  at least in the back you are strapped in.  ive had bruises just under my body armor where I ate the turret ring or face planted the .50. it will haul ass but you will pay for it if you hit a pothole or something.  the driver and VC have it nice though, like a luxury truck.  everyone used to fight over who got to drive.  I was dedicated gunner/dismount so I never got any luxury out of it.

i had three vehicles in iraq.  an abrams, a CAT 1 MRAP, and an 1151 humvee guntruck.  on trips back to the FOB pulling up to the PX in a tank or mrap was always cool.

Yeah, i got to get up in the gunner position while they had it here. Nothing in that area looks to be very forgiving of a mistake.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#19]
We see them all over the highways in the CHS area.

God bless those Force Protection guys...keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
My boss quit and went to work for FPI he called this morning and keeps trying to get me to go. Nice trucks
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My boss quit and went to work for FPI he called this morning and keeps trying to get me to go. Nice trucks

It's a good thing to do.
One of the few jobs I've had that I could actually be proud of what I'm doing.
PLus when A freind emails you and tells you that one fo your trucks saved his life.. well, there just aren't words to explain that feeling.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm curious.  Do any of these newer vehicles we are fielding have a climate control system?  

I remember reading how the internal temps of a Bradley (and maybe some others) can get upwards of 140 degrees.  I can't imagine that does any good for human performance, so I was wondering if that might be addressed in the newer vehicles.

Thanks to all of you who serve.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm curious.  Do any of these newer vehicles we are fielding have a climate control system?  

I remember reading how the internal temps of a Bradley (and maybe some others) can get upwards of 140 degrees.  I can't imagine that does any good for human performance, so I was wondering if that might be addressed in the newer vehicles.

I know they have what I guess could be called air conditioning units in the backs of the Buffalos. I think most of the comments I read were that they were more of an air circulating unit.

Link Posted: 10/20/2008 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Where in NC do you make these?
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

CAT 1's have a huge "environmental control unit"...in other words kick ass A/C.  ive gone straight from the back of a bradley and the turret of a tank in iraq to one of these things.

its heaven sent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Awesome vehicle! Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

We do the primary welding of bodies in Shelby.
Then they go off to other various place for the rest of completion/integration then back to Charleston for final testing and shipment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CAT 1's have a huge "environmental control unit"...in other words kick ass A/C.  ive gone straight from the back of a bradley and the turret of a tank in iraq to one of these things.

its heaven sent.

Obviously much improved over the last one I saw...
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We do the primary welding of bodies in Shelby.
Then they go off to other various place for the rest of completion/integration then back to Charleston for final testing and shipment.

Cool. I asked because there's a facility in Person County, about 5 minutes away from where I grew up, that they make equipment like this for .mil, but I'd never actually seen any of it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
LOL it has a tie down? I dont think a hurricane or a tornado could pick that thing up...

Funny that you say that.  I was just thinking that those idiots on that tornado chasing show who drive that Mad Maxx looking vehicle ought to have one of these things instead.

On lastnights episode that I watched, the 'TIV' broke the rear axle tube housing in half only 50 miles into this year's tornado chase season.  It was obvious that it broke right at the point where they'd ghetto welded some brackets onto the tube.  On the next episode the TIV has a wheel come flying off going down the road!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Post deserves bumpage.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2008 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The ultimate gig for picking up chicks in Minsk.

I'll take the first one or the little last one for a FAR OUT BOV!
Better than the EM-50 !

And I want one of these.
(but without the camo
)

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top