Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 10:41:04 AM EDT
I've been carrying a AFCK for two years now and I think it's the ultimate carry knife.  I can open it with just a flick of the wrist or manually.  I can get it into action quicker than an auto knife and it has no springs to break in it at inopportune moments.

Anybody else got an opinion.  Anything faster out there?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Kershaw's [b]Blackout[/b] by Ken Onion. Most of the guys that see me open this folder thinks that it is an auto.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you ever looked at an Emerson Commander? It has a special hook that can catch on your pants as you draw the knife from your pocket. The balde is open as soon as you get it out. Absolutely the fastest knife Ive seen
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
heres a look
[img]http://www.emersonknives.com/pics/knives/commander/large/COMMANDER-BTS.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Emerson makes the Sark, CQC7A and SOCFK that also come with the Wave.  They have videos on their site [url]www.emersonknives.com[/url] that demonstrate the Wave.  Here is my favorite:
[img]http://www.tacticaledge.com/knives/SOCFK-V.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My Benchmade auto SPIKE [}:D]

Tyler
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a AFCK for two years now and I think it's the ultimate carry knife.  I can open it with just a flick of the wrist or manually.  I can get it into action quicker than an auto knife and it has no springs to break in it at inopportune moments.

Anybody else got an opinion.  Anything faster out there?
View Quote

Sounds just like my Benchmade Stryker. Hands down the best combat folder I've ever owned. I have a Benchmade automatic too (Shhhhh....they're illegal in FL!), the Stryker is MUCH faster. I own about 8 nice folders, but the Stryker is the one that ends up coming with me. Titanium liner, beautiful blade, sort of a tonto hybrid and a G-10 outer grip. Bomb-proof.
[img]www.benchmade.com/images/products/W910.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I really REALLY like the "finger flipper" that they use on the Columbia River Knife/Tool M16 series.   Heck, half the time the thing doesn't need anything but a slight swing of the wrist but using the finger on the back of that little projection makes it snap open in a microsecond, I like it much more than any of the thumb discs, studs, or open slots.    They even provided thumb studs on the M16 series as well, I find that I typically can get that blade open in a wide variety of grips or job tasks without having to manipulate the knife before being able to open it.

Biggest benefit to me is what a value the M16 is, got mine for 55 bucks when at the time I was looking at the Ernest Emerson Combat Commander or looking at one of the Axis Lock Benchmades.    I still recognize that the semicustom Emerson or Benchmade knifes are great and very fine knives but for the price, I'd rather have 2-3 of the CRKT knives which I'm more comfortable abusing while not giving up much in way of a fast opening knife.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do you say it is quicker than an auto? Is it quicker to make a sweeping movement with your thumb on the opening stud than simply pushing the release button down? I don't think so.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Fastest folding knife?  That's not what I want.  I want the fastest [i]unfolding[/i] knife.z
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]camillusknives.com/images/500-jpg/cam-CUDA2S.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a kershaw scallion by ken onion that opens fast.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing wrong with the AFCK.  They were really fashionable a few years ago.  And like most fashionable things, they fell out of fashion somewhat.  Despite all of this, they, the 800 and 830, are superb, quick knives.  I routinely carry both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top