User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now if they would only discontinue those POS Corvette's!
View Quote

Have you driven a C5 Corvette?
View Quote

NS!
or the Z06 C5 405hp & 400lb-ft. out of a 350ci motor!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was saddened by the demise of the Nissan 300ZX, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7. The Camaro and Firebird are cool too, but it won't break my heart to see them go. But with the loss of these cars, it appears we are going to be doomed to a life of 2.0L FWD cars.
View Quote

The Nissan [size=4]Z[size=4] will be back late 2002 as an all new 03' model.  

350Z at least 260hp(probably more) RWD & strictly a 2 seater,supposedly for less than $30k
[url]www.nissandriven.com[/url]
[url]www.freshalloy.com[/url]
[url]www.nissannews.com[/url]

Allegedly the Mazda RX will be back too
possibly with a 3 rotor wankel engine good
for 250+hp
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. Run one against a 2001 Ram-Air Trans Am. The new stangs just don't measure up.

View Quote

True, my brother has the 2001 Ram Air and it smokes a stock Mustang. But, it costs $30,000. Put a grand or two of bolt-ons into the 'Stang and it will be faster. I think Mustangs are also a better car than their GM counterparts and will last longer. But check out the 2002 Ram Air. The dealer told us that it will be the last year and it is supposed to be 360 HP!  
View Quote

Bolt a few grand worth of aftermarket goodies on the T/A[:D]

Seroiusly, I think this is one of GM major screw-ups. The F-bodies are not priced real competetivly against the stangs. Sales would seriously go up if GM gave the adverage guy a fast, cheap platform to work on.

It is sad that GM has already handed Ford the police car and taxi cab market, now they are going to give them street racer market also. It'll be a Mustang or one of the various jap-crap cars for the youth of the future. I wish I could afford a new Trans Am just to have but I got too many old ones as it is.[:)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the camaro. My 2002 Z-28 is a dream come true....310 hp....340 ft/lbs t.....gee what does the mustang GT have 260 hp 302 ft/lbs
there is just no comparing the two cars....
hey I have seen a old chevette beat a stang....yes it had some add on, but was less expansive than the stang.....guess that could be true for a lot of cars....the point is that comparing modified cars is just not a good argument.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nope. Mustangs rule.....
View Quote

Rock on.  None of this newer "redesigned 4.6L" bullshit either, gimme the old rock-hard 5.0 GT's baby.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was saddened by the demise of the Nissan 300ZX, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7. The Camaro and Firebird are cool too, but it won't break my heart to see them go. But with the loss of these cars, it appears we are going to be doomed to a life of 2.0L FWD cars.
View Quote

The Nissan [size=4]Z[size=4] will be back late 2002 as an all new 03' model.  

350Z at least 260hp(probably more) RWD & strictly a 2 seater,supposedly for less than $30k
[url]www.nissandriven.com[/url]
[url]www.freshalloy.com[/url]
[url]www.nissannews.com[/url]

Allegedly the Mazda RX will be back too
possibly with a 3 rotor wankel engine good
for 250+hp
View Quote

Will probably be 2003+ until you see the 300ZX again.  As far as I know, they're pushing the 180HP 2.0L 4-cyl's  Sentras for 2002.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be sad to see these America classics go.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As far as I know, they're pushing the 180HP 2.0L 4-cyl's  Sentras for 2002.
View Quote

or the 255hp V-6 Altima,Maxima,I35
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
As long as we are talking about the demise of vehicle lines, is anyone else as chapped as me about the death of the Jeep Cherokee in favour of the Liberty?

Tell me how an aluminum-axle IFS V6 is supposed to keep up with an Iron/steel SLA fore-and-aft with a GRUNTY I6 engine?  Besides, the Cherokee has the Liberty beat in raw useful power, off-road ability, towing capacity, carrying capacity, cargo room, and just about anything else you could care to mention.  Besides, the Liberty is the FIRST vehicle to roll over on the CR 40mph slalom course - where's the advantage in that?  High roll centre, underpowered, underspaced (it's no accident that the OEM spare is on the liftgate) and more complicated than absolutely necessary...

And, given a choice for best "regular guy" musclecar, I'm split between Gen1 Mustang with built 289 and Gen1 Camaro with built 327...  You don't want to know what I can do with either of those two engines... (and I made my bones restoring Corvettes, and grew up into exotic fuel engines!  I played with Hydrazine before it got outlawed...)

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont really care about either one.  Mustangs are better anyway.  However, the camaro died in 1993 in my opinion.  The IROCs were my favorite camaro.  Never liked the new body style.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As long as we are talking about the demise of vehicle lines, is anyone else as chapped as me about the death of the Jeep Cherokee in favour of the Liberty?

Tell me how an aluminum-axle IFS V6 is supposed to keep up with an Iron/steel SLA fore-and-aft with a GRUNTY I6 engine?  Besides, the Cherokee has the Liberty beat in raw useful power, off-road ability, towing capacity, carrying capacity, cargo room, and just about anything else you could care to mention.  Besides, the Liberty is the FIRST vehicle to roll over on the CR 40mph slalom course - where's the advantage in that?  High roll centre, underpowered, underspaced (it's no accident that the OEM spare is on the liftgate) and more complicated than absolutely necessary...
View Quote

I'm completely with you on the Jeep.  I had a 1988 Cherokee that gave me 200,000 miles before I sold it in 2000.  I got $3,500 for it and it was in great shape.

There wasn't much that car couldn't do; pull stumps, donuts on dry pavement, drive full speed through 3 feet of new snow, yank a 1999 Ford F150 out of a ditch, drive 150 miles with no engine oil, double as a tent, navigate any road in the USA, fit 19 high schoolers, all while getting 20 mpg.

I don't like the way designers are trying to make cars more rounded and girly looking.  I liked the Jeepster concept car, but crossing it with a Cherokee to create a Liberty was questionable.  I sort of like it, but it is a little short and a little too tall.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had a number of Vettes from 64 thru 79, Camaros from 67 to my current 95 Z28 convertible and other assorted FAST cars.  I have enjoyed each one for it's particular characteristics.

By far the 95 Z is the most comfortable and least work of any of them!  Rebuilt from a total that I purchased when it was nearly new.  Damn site faster than previous Camaros and my BUILT 455 68 GTO!!!!!  Last Vette was a 79 with big valve 350 and it MIGHT have kept up with the 95 Z, maybe.....

When I went looking for another sports car prior to rebuilding the Z, I found not only prices of Vettes out of my range but double on insurance rates.  The F***in insurance companies do too damn much dictating to us on cars!!

RAF, your elitist ignorance is showing!  The Z performs at almost exactly the same G on skid pad as the Vette (IRS) and for WAY less money!!  Not to mention the vastly lower complexity.  As for FWD, it can NEVER achieve as good cornering performance as RWD, period.  (At least until the laws of physics are repealed!)

It is my honor to personally know the man who designed and built the active suspension in the Vette!  Talk about a head full of interesting knowledge!  I can listen to him for HOURS!

The F body will be sorely missed.  It was GM's sports car for the working man.  The Vette has been given to the wine and cheese set, the Tang is a wimp and who wants to buy rice?  Poor marketing and a population of drones that want to be PC or drive an SUV if they aren't, have conspired to kill a fine line.  Surely will impact the revenue of the tax collectors some call cops.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have had a number of Vettes from 64 thru 79, Camaros from 67 to my current 95 Z28 convertible and other assorted FAST cars.  I have enjoyed each one for it's particular characteristics.

By far the 95 Z is the most comfortable and least work of any of them!  Rebuilt from a total that I purchased when it was nearly new.  Damn site faster than previous Camaros and my BUILT 455 68 GTO!!!!!  Last Vette was a 79 with big valve 350 and it MIGHT have kept up with the 95 Z, maybe.....

When I went looking for another sports car prior to rebuilding the Z, I found not only prices of Vettes out of my range but double on insurance rates.  The F***in insurance companies do too damn much dictating to us on cars!!

RAF, your elitist ignorance is showing!  The Z performs at almost exactly the same G on skid pad as the Vette (IRS) and for WAY less money!!  Not to mention the vastly lower complexity.  As for FWD, it can NEVER achieve as good cornering performance as RWD, period.  (At least until the laws of physics are repealed!)

It is my honor to personally know the man who designed and built the active suspension in the Vette!  Talk about a head full of interesting knowledge!  I can listen to him for HOURS!

The F body will be sorely missed.  It was GM's sports car for the working man.  The Vette has been given to the wine and cheese set, the Tang is a wimp and who wants to buy rice?  Poor marketing and a population of drones that want to be PC or drive an SUV if they aren't, have conspired to kill a fine line.  Surely will impact the revenue of the tax collectors some call cops.
View Quote

Yeah, what he said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top