Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2008 10:20:47 AM EDT
In response to this link:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=168449

I have a question: Do the people Colbert interviews have any idea what they are in for, or do they think they will get to discuss their topic in a serious format? Seriously, did Paul actually think Colbert was a legitimate reporter?

I have to admit, I laughed when he pulled out the nintendo gun
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have a question: Do the people Colbert interviews have any idea what they are in for, or do they think they will get to discuss their topic in a serious format?

I've seen an interview with Colbert.  He said that all guests are told about the nature of the show and Colbert's role prior to going on.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
To paraphrase Michael Savage, "Helmke is low-life vermin." I cannot stand to listen to Helmke's lies about how the Brady Bunch do not want to take away people's guns. In really, they probably do not want to take away all the guns, because the Brady Bunch would then be out of business. Just like how the US Government hates smoking, but grins and bears it because of all the tax revenue that cigarettes generates.

Fucking hypocrites!
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
To further educate you on one the the "points" Helmke made during the interview about not all colonists were allowed to own guns at the time of the writing of the Bill of Rights I present this:

The English Bill of Rights of 1689 (the bill that all colonists were subject to up until the defeat of the British in the American Revolutionary War) states this about arms; "the subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions, and as allowed by Law."  Clearly you can see how not everyone would be allowed to own arms.  Again it's a skew of history in favor of gun control.  If this is brought up, and you did not know about it, say this:

As long as this country has been known as The United States of America, the text, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." has been been the part of the rule of the land and is in simple black ink and white paper.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
it was funny when when Colbert asked what he would do to defend himself.

helmke proves himself a true coward and a liar.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
He has previously stated that he tells his guests that he is acting the role of a "willfully ignorant news anchor"
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
To further educate you on one the the "points" Helmke made during the interview about not all colonists were allowed to own guns at the time of the writing of the Bill of Rights I present this:

The English Bill of Rights of 1689 (the bill that all colonists were subject to up until the defeat of the British in the American Revolutionary War) states this about arms; "the subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions, and as allowed by Law."  Clearly you can see how not everyone would be allowed to own arms.  Again it's a skew of history in favor of gun control.  If this is brought up, and you did not know about it, say this:

As long as this country has been known as The United States of America, the text, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." has been been the part of the rule of the land and is in simple black ink and white paper.

The other thing about Helmke is that besides being fucked anyway, he also doesn't understand what the word "regulated" means in context of the SA. Meaning well trained or organized or properly functioning. Idiot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the "im not anti gun' arguement of his most of all. He doesn't say anything about all the bans and regulations and liscencing he wants to enact but instead just insist that all he wants to do is keep guns away from 'crazy people'.

He's full of shit and this 5 minutes of media isn't going to further his agenda one bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other thing about Helmke is that besides being fucked anyway, he also doesn't understand what the word "regulated" means in context of the SA. Meaning well trained or organized or properly functioning. Idiot.

Oh, he knows.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]

"You should wear a fringe jacket."
Top Top