Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 12:47:22 PM EDT
You dudes and dudettes. If you're up for a far fetched shoot em up, ass kicking, action packed, special effects filled movie, then this is what you're looking for. Its Matrix meets the Terminator meets Enter the Dragon. Pretty damn cool movie if you ask me. I say spend the money kick back and relax.

If you are in the North Dallas area, might I suggest the Studio Movie Grill in Plano. Great concept. Combine restaurant and theater together. While watching the movie, waiters come by and serve you food and beverage. And yes you can have beer in the theater. For me I had the pepperoni pizza and a couple of Amstel lites. Good movie, good pizza, good beer.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I disagree. And that Jet Li guy has very little personality.

Most of these kind of movies today suck. Van Dam, Seagal, Wesley Snipes, Jackie Chan, etc all blow toads. I'd give my left nut to bring Bruce Lee back from the dead. He was the man!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a Van-damnitall movie recently that I really, really liked. Legionaire. Rent it.

D.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Good gunfights! A-/B+? B+  NO BABE![:(]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The movie was entertaining.  If nothing else the special effects were unique.

The movie's story leaves MUCH to be desired though.  I hate it when they don't think these things through and assume the audience is stupid.  There are SOOO many glaring holes in their concept of alternate universes and the whole "the one" thing.  I found the holes distracting because you're thinking about them while watching the movie.  Time Cop was one of the worst... and I think The One is either as bad or worse.  I won't go into any greater detail in case some of you don't want me to ruin the movie for you by giving too many details.

I'll leave it with this; I wish someone would create an intelligent time travel/alternate universe story at some point.  It's such an interesting topic that it deserves proper attention.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll leave it with this; I wish someone would create an intelligent time travel/alternate universe story at some point. It's such an interesting topic that it deserves proper attention.
View Quote

Have you seen "Twelve Monkeys", the Bruce Willis flick of a few years ago?  It wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Intelligent?  Hollywood?  I believe those are mutually exclusive terms.  

It really is a shame.  We have such incredible special effects capability today, compared to 25-45 years ago.  But effects alone do not exempt a film from the requirements for good writing, plotting, acting, etc.  Imagine if we could combine the GREAT qualities of the old movies with the FANTASTIC effects of today's films!

I'm not holding my breath until it happens.    
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The last fight was pretty cool.  Jet li specifically used a different style of fighting for each guy.  And I'm sure there were some CG shots to make his opponent look more like Jet Li, but damn they looked close.

Anyone else notice that the gun handling was superior to most other hollywood drivel?  Fingers were off of the trigger, muzzle covering wasn't terrible (there were still a few, though).  

And ya gotta love the custom 45 with propoint that the Junior cop pulls out of the trunk.  Man we laughed our butts off at that one.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I kinda like that laser sight they had on that modified 1911, that looked kinda cool. The G36's were nice too.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll leave it with this; I wish someone would create an intelligent time travel/alternate universe story at some point. It's such an interesting topic that it deserves proper attention.
View Quote

Have you seen "Twelve Monkeys", the Bruce Willis flick of a few years ago?  It wasn't too bad.
View Quote

Ditto.  That movie has little "holes".  Nothing really comes close to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top