Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 6:11:39 AM EDT
Does anyone out there have any info on the DLAB. It seems I can find very little information on it anywhere. I would really appreciate a website, a point of contact or personal experience. I am planning on an MOS change soon and 97E is my first choice. I would also appreciate hearing from any current or former 97E's out there. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://usmilitary.about.com/library/weekly/aa072301a.htm[/url]

Hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ref the DLAB test - so your not surprised:  you listen to an audio presentation in which they "create" a "new" language that you "follow".  The aptitude battery simply rates how well you "follow" this new language.  See's if you have an "ear" for "picking things up".  Attention to detail is critical.  For instance, they will say that a shoe is a "nanzai".  Give several references to action verbs, then have the speaker give a complete sentence.  You will pick the meaning of the sentence from memorizing what was previously said.  Make sure your ears are clear and YOU LISTEN.  And most of all, go with your gut instinct!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
And BTW prisoner, while Interrogation (97E) isnt a bad MOS, look at 98 series / SIGINT.  Not only will you get linguistic training, but technical intercept training as well, and I think, a better MOS with more possibilities long term.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]
.......or 18 series. That way the support guys (SIGINT) give you pieces to the puzzle and you get to go kill people. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top