Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 11/9/2001 11:03:02 AM EST
[url]http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200111%5CNAT20011108e.html[/url] Just in case it has not been posted.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:09:18 AM EST
Perfect timing. My company is doing their annual big push for the United Way automatic payroll deduction push right now. In a pig's eye, I'll give. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the United Way who stopped support for the Boy Scouts over their refusal to allow homosexuals in?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:11:19 AM EST
I thought I heard that you can specify a direct donation to the NRA through United Way. Anyone confirm/deny that?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:17:14 AM EST
You used to be able to donate to the NRA through UW, I don't know if that is true again this year. I still wouldn't do it that way though, UW get's 99% of what you give. I shredded my envelope right in front of the UW lackey this year! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:19:43 AM EST
At the company I used to work for, it was a big deal that made you look good to management. I still got laid off, but at least they're not getting any of my money. Now the company is in trouble because they've been mis-reporting their earnings for the last 5 years and are looking to get bought out. YEAH, KARMA'S A BITCH, HUH?! [}:D] God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:10:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By InTheBlack: Wasn't the United Way the same group that declined a young boy, diagnosed with cancer, wish to go on a hunting trip? I believe then, our man, Ted Nugent, brought this boy on an African safari.
View Quote
That was the Make A Wish foundation IIRC.
Top Top