Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 7:51:51 AM EDT
of the assualt weapons ban...plus all the people rushing to get weapons....I can dream cant I
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course it will. Sarah Brady has already pointed out the dangers of terrorists arming themselves at gunshows. There is a general move against boxcutters. Do you think anyone wants evil assualt weapons?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think if we as gun owners are POSITIVE and smile a lot when we explain to the average citizen our views, YES it will affect the sunset.

This just came to me a few weeks ago.  Prohibition of alcohol in the 1920's.  It only lasted 10 years or so.  Was just as stupid as our current gun laws.  I think if we are proactive, we can lead people to change things BACK to what they should be.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It will take someone prominant pointing out that those evil assault weapons are the absolute best way to protect you and your family.  It'll have to come from someone in the media or a celebrity, which is why I don't think it will happen.

However, with recent Federal Appeals Court rulings and the assertion of the Attorney General of the US, it could be argued that the whole "sporting use" clause is a total crock of shit and the ban should be done away with now.  It would just take challenging, but I don't think anyone wants to address it since the ban will sunset.  If it doesn't go away and stay away, then it's time to start fighting in the courts.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I don't see the ban EVER sunsetting.

Nice dream, but ain't gonna happen.

Kinda like a "temporary tax."

Yeah. Right. Once them filthy animals get their claws into your wallet, ain't no lettin' go.

That's why I'm buying like a banshee right now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top