Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 3:05:36 PM EDT
Ok who has done them, what bradn did they use. Give me the full details. Especially those who have Jeeps and have done their tubs. Im looking at useing HercuLiner, they have a 20 dollar mail in rebate right now for the kit. Ive felt the texture and I really like it. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Pay the money and have it Rhino'd.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Hey Bob,

You CAN do this yourself and it WILL turn out better than having some meth-head at the Rhino-liner place do it for you.

I used Herculiner on my '81 CJ-7 and it turned out great. Did the whole tub with one gallon.

Tips:
-take everything, everything out of the tub. Seats, roll bar, etc...
- Grind the heck out of paint with wire brush.
- Clean with thoroughly with Xylene or Acetone
- Again - make sure everything is well scuffed and clean, clean, clean.
- Tape the lines that you want. I went about an inch over the sides. Let the liner dry more than you think it should before pulling the tape. This will ensure a clean line. Delicate balance here, be careful.
- Plug all the holes in tub you don't want filled.
- Use a respirator if you don't want your brain cells to go "pop". Get the wife and kids out of the house when you do this. Warn the neighbors because people up and down the street will know when you are laying the stuff on.
- Follow the directions on can and it'll turn out great.

I have seen lots of Jeeps that went to the "pros". Mine is way better, because I care about my rig. These guys just want to slap the stuff on.

The prep took me two days and the rolling on one day. Take your time, be patient.

Be prepared to let the vehicle vent for at least a week. The fumes are freakin' toxic.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

-Z
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, the time needed to finish it is going to be the biggest problem I see. I need it to drive. I might just wait till next summer when I have time to work on her since I dont drive it when Im in the mountains.
Did u grind off all the paint on the floor? How hard was the tape to peel off when dry? Ive heard to take it off right after applying the second coat because it bonds to the tape and is a pain to get off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top