Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 2:47:28 PM EDT
Man that was a great mini series. I have it all saved on my Tivo and will be tranferring on CD-V. Next Sunday is the interview of actual persons the story was based on. Gee I did not know it was based on an [b]actual Easy(Echo) Co.[/b].

Man I hope they make another series like this one.

Oh BTW who saw the sex scene with boobies a couple of weeks ago. Can't beat that. Blood, Guts, Guns, Glory and most of all BOOBIES. Me likey a lot.

Anyone else get hooked on the show?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm....no favorite episodes?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I think "Market Garden" was the best. Not fair to judge as they were actually events and not storylines. I wish the "Battle of the Bulge" was more exciting, but that is how it was for them, so one cannot complain.

Although the last episode, and them in the Wolf's Lair was damn cool. Imagine how that felt?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Although the last episode, and them in the Wolf's Lair was damn cool. Imagine how that felt?
View Quote

Absolutely, I thought the [i]exact[/i] same thing.  You could not put those feelings into words.  Still the one next week with the real guys of the company on at 20:30 EST.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Don Malarkey lives close to here and one fo the local talk shows had him on today. They asked if the show was belivable and he said absolutly. He said everything you saw actually happened. Not always in cronological order, but they had to mix some things around to fit them all in. Was very surprised to hear that. He did say he was still waiting on the boxed set the HBO folks promised all the Easy Co guys that helped with the technical advising.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
whats CD-V is that just another term for VCD?

sadly i dont have hbo
if anyone is willing to copy Band of Brothers for me ill pay for the cost of tapes and shipping
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh BTW who saw the sex scene with boobies a couple of weeks ago. Can't beat that. Blood, Guts, Guns, Glory and most of all BOOBIES. Me likey a lot.
View Quote

That's what every young American male out of high school is looking for. If they put that stuff in the recruiting pamphlets they would have to turn guys away. The best episode was the one from First Sgt. Liptons perspective, forget the name but it was the attack on Foy. Read the book L.T.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have to agree, the show Breaking Point, the one from Lipton's viewpoint, was the best.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

sadly i dont have hbo
if anyone is willing to copy Band of Brothers for me ill pay for the cost of tapes and shipping
View Quote

Dude, email me. I'll do it. Gotta wait till the documentary airs so I get that on as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
The only good part about it being over is that I can finally cancel HBO.  Cable costs have been killig me.  I was hoping that they would do another marathon but it doesn't look like it...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

sadly i dont have hbo
View Quote

Yup VCD and CD-V is the same. I am waiting on the interview of the living members of Easy Company this weekend and then I will see if I can be successfull at writing it.

For legal purposes I don't think I can "sell" copies. But you know downloading onto Bearshare or other file sharing medium won't be illegal at all I think. I will let you guys know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top