User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
When my mother died 7 years ago.
Still hurts to this day.

After she died, my life changed drastically.  
Let me rephrase that, I changed my life drastically.  

My wife(who went through this with me) saw a huge change in my over all attitude towards life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Birth of my sons, ages 6,&2.

Father telling me he was divorcing my mother and moving out, when I was 12.

Getting married, too young, didn't even know myself yet.

My wife deciding to divorce me, accepting that.
Telling my wife that I would give our relationship one more shot, but telling her that I was not going to change into someone else, I was who I was, and I liked myself.  

My relationship with my wife after getting back together with her.    guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't point to one single event but I do have a few that made major changes in my life.

-When I met my wife. I dated her for 10 years before we got married.  We have never been apart.  She is a remarkable woman to put up with me.

-When I was in my mid-twenties, I defended my life with a gun. (Thank God I didn't need to pull the trigger.)

-When my daughter was born.  I didn't believe in love at first sight... I do now.  Every decision I make I think of how it will affect her.  

Ants  

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
when i realized 95% of the dolts in my school are worthless and one day i will be paying thier wellfare. also most of them have no idea what the real world is like( being they have lived in a town of 1000 people their whole life). t realized i like in a bubble town which is shrouded from all happenings in the normal world. i realized this small town sucks and i cant stand it. this has made me a VERY diffrent person onver the last 2 years, i think of it as a revalation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, some of have some bad juju in your past.
Age 5- sperm donor father asked me "who do you want to go with, you mother or me?"
14- sex with an itailian girl.
19-g/f kisses somone else. I joined the Army.
27-1st child
29-2nd child
31-3rd child
Last year lost my Step Father
Also stopped drinking
Of all the things that have happened. stopping drinking has had the biggest change in my day to day life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Watching a draft dodger live in the White House, while veterans who fought for this nation slept in a park, under a bridge, under an overpass!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watching a draft dodger live in the White House, while veterans who fought for this nation slept in a park, under a bridge, under an overpass!
View Quote

How far we've fallen...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Basic training..........
It made me grow up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
staring in horror at the cold blue hands of the corpse i was instructed to dissect.  nothing has been the same since then.  

(to all the vets who have posted here: thank you. no one in this nation should ever let a day go by that we do not thank you for the sacrifices you have made. we will never *ever* forget)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
5 years old in a Grant's department store and my dad handed me a Daisy lever-action BB gun.  I think they called it a beginners model, it was basically the same as the Red Ryder but with different furniture.  I put the buttstock to my shoulder and have been hooked on weapons ever since.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Dropping the hammer for real, the first time.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
1)Watching my Son's head come out and seeing a normal baby. Since I had a long run of bad luck, I was just breaking into normalcy by getting married. But when my Son was born, it was the most perfect thing I have ever seen on this earth. I became a positive person with a future again. BTW, my daughter's arrival 5 months ago did it all over again for me!

2) Getting laid off from the #2 position at work after 14 years. It has changed things, but I am still struggling with the solution.

3) My Dad beating Cancer and still going fishing with me.

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
When some judge took the Lone Ranger's mask

OlDad
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
1-JESUS
2-BECAUSE OF HIM TAKING CARE OF ME WHEN I COULD'T DO IT MYSELF-FRIDAY 13,1987 THE DAY I FOUND OUT THERE IS LIFE AFTER BUDWISER
3-25 YRS OF MARRIED TO A WIFE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW THE DEPTH OF LOVE SHE HAS
4-2 GREAT KIDS THAT HAVE NEVER GAVE ME A REAL REASON TO WORRY
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Certainly an interesting topic...

I would have to say that for me, it was becoming wise to the whole guns/politics/freedom issue. I got into all this about two years ago, and my life as certainly changed. Though I am only 19, the burden of knowledge has made me become a somewhat bitter person.
View Quote

I didn't think it sounded corny.  I think I feel almost the same way you do.  Only my Good Lord and Savior Jesus keeps me going.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Back when I was stationed in Da Nang with the 43rd Naval Refueling outfit.  It was a normal day, drinking beer and grilling steaks, we were out sun bathing on the tarmac by the pool.  All of a sudden a mortar rounds were coming in on our field.  The unmistakeble sound of B40's whistling thru the air.  Then the wacky ass gook's sputtering their language from afar as their AKs started rattling off rounds.  Me and my tanning partner took up defensive postions behind some inflatable pool toys.  The rounds were ricocheting off of our cover keeping us safe for the moment.  Chuck was about to over run our position when I got a surge of adrenaline.  I got up with my MAG248 machine gun, tripod and all and started ripping off a 659 round belt from the hip.  Suffice it to say, I had 213 confirmed kills that dry, freezing, winter day in 'Nam.

Thats what got me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 1:32:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Back when I was stationed in Da Nang with the 43rd Naval Refueling outfit.  It was a normal day, drinking beer and grilling steaks, we were out sun bathing on the tarmac by the pool.  All of a sudden a mortar rounds were coming in on our field.  The unmistakeble sound of B40's whistling thru the air.  Then the wacky ass gook's sputtering their language from afar as their AKs started rattling off rounds.  Me and my tanning partner took up defensive postions behind some inflatable pool toys.  The rounds were ricocheting off of our cover keeping us safe for the moment.  Chuck was about to over run our position when I got a surge of adrenaline.  I got up with my MAG248 machine gun, tripod and all and started ripping off a 659 round belt from the hip.  Suffice it to say, I had 213 confirmed kills that dry, freezing, winter day in 'Nam.

Thats what got me.
View Quote

Shouldn't that be posted under the "BS" thread here???
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
spinal-tap.  why?
-drummers can combust into green globules
-found out i could get an amp made to go to 11
-human blood is green inside our body
that info popped my cherry

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top