Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
its clear to me that they are in line to apply for a makeover on the the show "what not to wear"
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's how you distinguish them from Muslim women.

Ouch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
It's for Chritmas...he'll be adding green sparkles later.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted from Slate:

"Islam emphasizes modesty and simplicity, but some of Mohammed's sayings (or hadith) recommend covering up gray hair with henna or a dye called katam. According to the hadith of Sahih Bukhari, this would set Muslims apart from Jews and Christians, who (according to Mohammed) didn't dye their hair. The prophet said to avoid black hair coloring, however, probably because you weren't supposed to try to mimic a natural hue.

The Quran says nothing on the subject of keeping beards, but believers are urged to follow the example of the prophets, who all had them. Mohammed in particular maintained a neat, groomed appearance, and scholars believe he trimmed his facial hair. The general guideline from Sahih Bukhari boils down to "Trim the mustache, keep the beard." Followers should cut their mustaches short enough that the skin above the upper lip is visible, and grow beards to at least a fistful in length. A longer beard isn't automatically better, though. According to one account in the hadith of Malik's Muwatta, the prophet sent a man with disheveled hair out of the mosque to groom his beard. Muslims must also refrain from trimming their hair during the hajj, or pilgrimage to Mecca—at least until they've walked seven times around the Kaaba. "

Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Redwings?

ha! thats a old school term!you might have to explain that one!

Not to me.

Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from some blog that google led me to:

"Many Muslim men in the Mideast and Pakland (Pakistan/Afghanistan/Northern India) dye their beards red with henna in imitation of Muhammad. Many accounts of Muhammad portray him as having reddish-hair."

Muhammad was Irish?

Couldn't be, considering Muslim prohibitions on alcohol.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Its so they can spawn more Overlords and lead an almighty Zerg rush in the name of the Overmind.

They're after teh vespene gas wells!

NO BLOOD FOR VESPENE!

~GnSx
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
12 pages, 3 locks and 1 ban.

I was going to say "In before the Muslim apologists", but I'm too late.

You have to get up pretty early for that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe they just drink cherry flavored Coolaid
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Makes it easier to pick up goats at the coffee shops.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]
He went down south the wrong time of the month
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He went down south the wrong time of the month

THAT would really be prohibited in Islam.  I don't think menstruating women are even allowed to speak to men, let alone touch them.

But I'm sure some MA will show me how I'm wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#13]
thats not die its' "bisquetti sauce!"
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Its a religious thing they die their hands and finger nails also. They die their goats red too, Probably just to mark them, so they dont get mixed up with other goats
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
12 pages, 3 locks and 1 ban.

I was going to say "In before the Muslim apologists", but I'm too late.

And this has what to do with a thread on dying beards?
As usual, you are the last stop on the clue train's route.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uhh maybe he has a red beard? I have a red beard and dark brown hair. Look at my sideburns. I've also had gray/white hairs since I was a young teen too (in my hair not my beard).

members.cox.net/alien1099/gerald12-03-07.jpg

Er, take another look at the OP's picture.  Their beards are a kind of bright red/magenta.  A color not normally found in nature, except for tropical fish.  Look at the old guy in the back left of the pic.  Yep, that guy.  
I am not saying they didnt dye their beards - BUT - to say its not found in nature isnt true - cause this is my beard 5 months ago - and it is fire red
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a genetic remnant of Irish and British troops occupying Afghanistan back in the Rudyard Kipling era.

Proof positive that they did not just bugger each other and the local sheep.

Long live the British Empire !
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I think it means they have made the transition from pitching to catching and are trolling for fresh meat.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It's a genetic remnant of Irish and British troops occupying Afghanistan back in the Rudyard Kipling era.

and I got Irish in me. Family roots trace back to Ireland and Scotland
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Many Muslim men in the Mideast and Pakland (Pakistan/Afghanistan/Northern India) dye their beards red with henna in imitation of Muhammad. Many accounts of Muhammad portray him as having reddish-hair."

Wouldn't they get themselves beheaded for that?

I mean if just NAMING a teddy bear after him and drawing cartoons of him can get their burkhas in a bunch, I can only imagine how creating a likeness of him in themselves must offend the most die-hard Muslims.

It seems to be that Muslims are akin to our liberals in that they can can do whatever they want, its only a beheading offense when a western non Muslim does it.

Think Bill Clinton and sexual harassment
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and I got Irish in me. Family roots trace back to Ireland and Scotland

Me too, paternal grandma was red haired Boston Irish, I used to have a red beard, it's grey now
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its so they can spawn more Overlords and lead an almighty Zerg rush in the name of the Overmind.

They're after teh vespene gas wells!

NO BLOOD FOR VESPENE!

~GnSx

Durka Durka Mohammed Zerg Rush!
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Muhammad was Irish?

Couldn't be, considering Muslim prohibitions on alcohol.

That is why they are angry. They follow the IRISH Muhammad and yet are not allowed to drink. We need to get them drunk and they will be a lot friendlier.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
It's fairly common for them to naturally have red in their beards. Hell, I'm scot/irish/german/italian and I've got streaks of red in my beard. It's weird, but it looks cool imo.
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I think it has to do with emulating the prophet.  I even saw old men do it in Somalia.

I don't know about Afghans, but there are natural red heads in Iraq.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top