Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Huh that's funny, a guy I know in my church owns a Lanche and he's the nicest dude you'd ever want to meet.

A former member had a Lanche and he was a nice dood too.

DEEJ, come on, you can say ARDOC
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if there's a higher number of assholes who drive Avalanches.

There does seem to be a higher percentage of assholes who drive Prius and other hybrids.
VW beetles also seem to attract some strange people, IMO anyone who drives around with flowers in their cup holder qualifies as a weird MoFo. I've even seen gays, I mean guys, do this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
They are ugly and I own page 4!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my 'Lanch... er, I mean 'Roddo:

It's funny when the driver of a shiny new SUV tries to pull the "right lane ends" manoeuver on me, and doesn't realize that I have the 454 engine. I'm only an asshole to the other assholes. I'm one who always uses his blinkers, unlike those left-hand-draped-limply-over-the-wheel-leaning-toward-the-middle drivers.

How about those Cadillac versions of the Avalanche with the Conestoga wagon wheels and spinners? I'll bet they've never used their vehicles for any sort of utilitarian purpose, aside from possibly hauling the next dope shipment.

No wonder they have to slow down at grade crossings.

Cadillac Escalade EXT: most stolen vehicle
"the Escalade EXT -- perfectly described by PJ O'Rourke as 'how my El Camino would dress if it had to marry Liza Minnelli' "
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Huh that's funny, a guy I know in my church owns a Lanche and he's the nicest dude you'd ever want to meet.

A former member had a Lanche and he was a nice dood too.

DEEJ, come on, you can say ARDOC
that guy. Yeah.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's my 'Lanch... er, I mean 'Roddo:

images14.fotki.com/v258/photos/2/262472/1942349/Tr2jpeg-vi.jpg

It's funny when the driver of a shiny new SUV tries to pull the "right lane ends" manoeuver on me, and doesn't realize that I have the 454 engine. I'm only an asshole to the other assholes. I'm one who always uses his blinkers, unlike those left-hand-draped-limply-over-the-wheel-leaning-toward-the-middle drivers.

How about those Cadillac versions of the Avalanche with the Conestoga wagon wheels and spinners? I'll bet they've never used their vehicles for any sort of utilitarian purpose, aside from possibly hauling the next dope shipment.

www.idcow.net/idcow/products/jd2001.jpg

No wonder they have to slow down at grade crossings.

www.buscatuning.com/blog/fotos/marcas/cadillac/escalade/_dub-magazine-cadilla-escalade-ext.jpg

www.1stoprimshop.com/images/gallery/panther_blunt_cadillac_ext_1.jpg

Cadillac Escalade EXT: most stolen vehicle
"the Escalade EXT -- perfectly described by PJ O'Rourke as 'how my El Camino would dress if it had to marry Liza Minnelli' "

You do know that not all of them are ghetto cruisers! Last winter I pulled out a fucking road grater that was in a ditch with my "toy". Also hooked up a loaded semi stuck in a drift and pulled him out. All with a 350, lets sell what you 2 wheel drive 454 can do in those situations?
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]
An open comment to all those that hate the Avalanche and think like the Brady bunch that we must all be bad, just like gun owners. Have you ever driven one? I would fathom a guess that the answer would be no. Facts are that they have better weight distribution than a pick up truck. I don't slip and slide nearly as bad as when I owned a Ford F250 4x4.

Just remember that it is better to be though a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think most folks who drive GM BMW products are assholes.  

Thank you! I take that as a compliment
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My biggest douchebag ever of a boss drove one
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, the numbers don't lie.

You guys may be polite 'Lanche' drivers, but your fellow 'Lanche' owners are jerks.

[ 159 ]  Yes
[ 35 ]  No

Those are the current poll results (and I'm sure several of those 35 are Avalanche owners).
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
what do you drive?

I have a GMC pick up, a Bonneville, an Eldorado, a Camaro, and an R1.

Are you one of the Avalanche guys?

Nope- this is my ride               ETA- not two-tone paint, that's bedliner sprayed on the bottom
img90.imageshack.us/img90/2163/1028071728hu1.jpg

I like the spray on bed liner, it looks good.
I have a question though.....can you tell a noticable difference in weight from it and does it have any sound dampening qualities?
I have a 79 CJ5.
I'm working on getting it redone. I plan on gutting the interior and stripping it to the bare metal and finishing it with a spray on bedliner. It doesn't drive well with a bunch of weight in it, to the point of being unstable, and anyone who has one knows they're unstable anyway.
I may need some stiffer springs and shocks.

Sorry about getting off topic.
I have an 04 Z71 Tahoe and an 01 Ext. cab F-150. The wife has an 99 Acura TL which is a POS IMO.
Acura is supposed to be a top of the line Honda. I had a 91 Accord EX, it was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and I've never quit kicking myself in the ass for trading it in. I have no doubt it's still giving someone a reliable ride.
The Acura doesn't even come close to the Honda. I wonder if they're really made by Honda?
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
'Lanche owners tend to act like they just got punched in the ovaries.

And I drive a 1-fitty, an ought tre 1-fitty
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I kinda like the Lanches, they've grown on me.
I looked real hard at them when I bought my Tahoe. I decided on the Tahoe because it has more storage space in general than a Lanche. I have to go to Sam's for my store and need room for all that stuff.

They're nice, no doubt about it but I was also afraid of the novelty factor, I thought the coolness might wear off soon and I'd be stuck with something I no longer liked.

It still may have happened but if I had a do-over, I might get one and maybe sell my truck but I like having a reliable second vehicle, just in case, especially a truck.

I do love my Hoe tho.
Right now I'm driving an 08 Tahoe LT 4wd rental while mine is in the body shop. My wife hit a small tree while looking back to give our baby his bottle then..bam!

The 08 is super smooth, it rides incredible. It has a V8 with plenty of power and will drop to a 4 cylinder when your cruising on the highway which doubles the gas mileage.

The realtime MPG gauge shows 30-40mpg at 70mph. Once you get on the gas it goes back to V8 and you never notice it, instant power.
If you lived in an area where you did a lot of driving on flat roads you would get awesome gas mileage.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 2:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]
They're the same kind of guys that drink Corona or Rolling Rock or Heineken at a bar.

I can't stand those kind of people.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#15]
We really seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to bitch about nowadays.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The most annoying and aggressive drivers I've seen typically drive SUVs and pickup trucks (Dodge Pickup trucks). Of course there are exceptions to this but the majority of aggressive drivers have been in these vehicles. The most docile drivers that drive the speed limit (which excludes senior citizens) usually have new sports cars and are driving in broad daylight or during commuting hours.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I have a question though.....can you tell a noticable difference in weight from it and does it have any sound dampening qualities?
I have a 79 CJ5.
I'm working on getting it redone. I plan on gutting the interior and stripping it to the bare metal and finishing it with a spray on bedliner. It doesn't drive well with a bunch of weight in it, to the point of being unstable, and anyone who has one knows they're unstable anyway.

I'm pretty sure for your application there would be some sound dampening. Mine is just sprayed around the outside so there really isn't any sound dampening there. It was also done before I bought it so I'm not sure about added weight but I don't think there would be much.
I had a 79 CJ5 also, so I know what you're talking about. I think there are quite a few folks out there lining the interior of there Jeeps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#18]
The worst drivers in my experience has been the guys in Dodge trucks.  It makes sense, since they statistically kill more people. link
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#19]
WRT the poll, I don't know if MOST are, but the ones I notice are.

Somehow I don't seem to notice the good drivers, which is a GOOD thing. Sometimes it almost seems as if bad driving is a TREND, or is stylish. Some people feel that they have a certain image to uphold, such as BMW drivers who never use their blinkers because they think they're Speshul. (Disclaimer: I never said ALL BMW drivers don't signal)

It can be fun to box them in and see how violently angry they get. 18-wheelers are often very cooperative in this department, as they know exactly what you're doing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a 79 CJ5.

I'm pretty sure for your application there would be some sound dampening. Mine is just sprayed around the outside so there really isn't any sound dampening there. It was also done before I bought it so I'm not sure about added weight but I don't think there would be much.
I had a 79 CJ5 also, so I know what you're talking about. I think there are quite a few folks out there lining the interior of there Jeeps.

Thanks divkat9

I've been thinking about this for several yrs but my Jeep keeps getting knocked down on the priority list.
I missed a golden opportunity a few yrs back. I had a Firefighter friend who owned a bed liner business, IIRC it was Rhino liner.

He's the one who gave me the idea, he said he would do it for free as a before and after deal if I did the prep work. This was back when spray on liners were first becoming the in thing.

My Jeep wasn't running when we first talked about it (rear end probs) and I wasn't in a big hurry, I figured he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon but the next thing I know his business was booming to where he didn't have time for family so he sold out.

I think it would be a good way to go, no rust, no scratches, hose it out  and I figure it would be a decent noise dampener and as you know jeeps are rattle traps, every little bit of noise dapening would be a good thing.
One of these days I'll get it done.

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#21]
your money .. spend it like you wanna,,

but what they hell is is with all the PLASTIC.. ?

even the damn grill guard is covered in plastic... WTF is up with that  ?

hey man.. whta happened to the front of your truck ?

I had to push a shopping cart out of the way at walamrt...  didnt even had to get off..    sure it bent the plastic..   but its a truck..!

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Avalanche drivers are the least of my worries. Around these parts, it's Chrysler Pacifica drivers...

Careless, wreckless, brainless, you name it, I've seen it all. It's as if the people predisposed to buying such a vehicle think that the car will take care of all their needs, safety, everything, and everyone else can go to hell.

It's so bad that when I heard my cousin (who is not like what I've described above) bought a used Pacifica, I bummed out.

Pacificas = FAIL with four wheels.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top