Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/22/2001 6:57:48 PM EDT
Get yer mitts on the latest issue of the NRA First Freedom magazine for an article on the Gyrojet pistol. I don't know much about them, but when I saw the article, I thought, "McUzi would dig this."
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:10:48 PM EDT
My wife and I got ours today, and I thought of him immediately too. Neat looking guns. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:38:02 PM EDT
Damn. I get the Rifleman. If anoyne gets finished with thier copy, and doesn't save them, lemme know. Funny thng about Gyrojets... It was a totally forgotten concept for the longest time. A few old timers and sci-fi fans knew about them, but really for all intents and purposes, it was an obscurity in gundom. I went on an insane spam campaign on teh net, hitting every gun board 10 times asking for any and all info- I built a little ezboard dedicated to Gyros- I answered a whole lotta questions about them-I contacted former MB Associates scientists- I wrote letters to people, I called people.... And now, all of a sudden, there is a bit of a renewed interest in them. NRA does an article, and Small Arms Review will be doing one soon, featuring pics of the Gyro I traded to a fellow AR15.com'er.... (Who shall remain nameless unless he wants to step out of the shadows [;)] Monty Mendenhall (From S.A.R.) and I exchanged e-mails a couple of times about Gyro's- Good guy. I REALLY REALLY need to get my Gyro project completed. I have the design worked out- so I'd better get on the ball with working the bugs out- or else someone else with a lot more money than I have will use that money to put out a Gyro of their own (Which will be a lot shittier than mine- which is a refinement of teh original)
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:40:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By I_Luv_Carrots: Damn. I get the Rifleman. If anoyne gets finished with thier copy, and doesn't save them, lemme know. Funny thng about Gyrojets... It was a totally forgotten concept for the longest time. A few old timers and sci-fi fans knew about them, but really for all intents and purposes, it was an obscurity in gundom. I went on an insane spam campaign on teh net, hitting every gun board 10 times asking for any and all info- I built a little ezboard dedicated to Gyros- I answered a whole lotta questions about them-I contacted former MB Associates scientists- I wrote letters to people, I called people.... And now, all of a sudden, there is a bit of a renewed interest in them. NRA does an article, and Small Arms Review will be doing one soon, featuring pics of the Gyro I traded to a fellow AR15.com'er.... (Who shall remain nameless unless he wants to step out of the shadows [;)] Monty Mendenhall (From S.A.R.) and I exchanged e-mails a couple of times about Gyro's- Good guy. I REALLY REALLY need to get my Gyro project completed. I have the design worked out- so I'd better get on the ball with working the bugs out- or else someone else with a lot more money than I have will use that money to put out a Gyro of their own (Which will be a lot shittier than mine- which is a refinement of teh original)
View Quote
You sold your Gyro to IMBROGLIO, didn't you? I remember you making a comment to the effect of "10/22 and .38 my ass". And I KNOW who Imbroglio also is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:46 PM EDT
There is a gun store in Scottsdale that has a Gyro-Jet for sale. I look at it every time I go in there, but never can afford it. Cool looking pistol, though!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:28:19 PM EDT
"A few old timers and sci-fi fans"
View Quote
I learned about them in one of the Bond books. I think it was a Gardner book, one of the early ones. I thought it was an interesting concept, and actually saw a picture of one once a long while back.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:45:02 PM EDT
Get on the ball and get the gun made.. I know somebody who has a rocket on the way that wants to get shot..
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:54:22 AM EDT
Email me with your address and I'll send it off -anthrax free- after I finish going through it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:00:13 AM EDT
I saw them on the history channel a few months ago. Would be kinda cool to have around.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:02:08 AM EDT
I don't want you guys envious of me but I have one will ammo. My father was a dealer and he always bought any odd ball weapon that came out. Like the Daisy caseless .22.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:26:20 AM EDT
Hey McCarrot, I just mailed my copy to 'ya. (I didn't have any packing material to fill the box, so I used some baby powder -- DON'T PANIC -- JUST KIDDING!) Seriously though.. I really DID send it out to you. I expect to get a free McUZI-GyroJet s/n#001 when you go into production! [:D]
Top Top