BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 6:10:24 PM EDT
[size=4][b]Israel says Arafat era is over[/b][/size=4]

FROM CHRISTOPHER WALKER IN JERUSALEM

[i]PLO fears leader is target of assassination plot

Sharon warning of war within a week[/i]

THE Middle East moved closer to a new war yesterday as Ariel Sharon declared the Arafat era over and moved tanks into three West Bank towns.

Israel also killed a leading Palestinian militant, and the PLO claimed to have evidence that the Jewish state was plotting to assassinate its leader, Yassir Arafat.

The rapid collapse of the peace process followed the murder of Rehavam Zeevi, the Israeli Tourism Minister, by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) on Wednesday. Mr Sharon said: “Arafat has seven days to impose absolute quiet in the (occupied) territories. If not, we will go to war against him. As far as I am concerned, the era of Arafat is over.”

The Palestinians suspect that Israel has decided on its response to the killing of Mr Zeevi. Nabil Abu Rdainah, an Arafat aide, said that the Palestinian Authority had evidence that Israel was planning to assassinate Mr Arafat.

Israel’s Security Cabinet is understood to have sent a blunt message to Mr Arafat that unless Israel’s conditions for the extradition of the killers and the outlawing of all Palestinian terror organisations were adhered to within one week he “would be treated in the way in which the US treats the Taleban”.

See story at: [url]http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2001350019-2001363406,00.html[/url]

Eric The(SoundsOminous,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Here IT comes.  

And I always wondered how WW3 would start.[:|]

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's about frickin time!  Arafat is such a sack of turds, and he's learning now that all the shit he stirred up has made him ultimately lose control of his people.  I hope history shows him as someone who finally got what he truly deserved.  But this will likely cause a rift between the US and Isreal that may not be fixable.  Or, it could start WW3.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to see Arafat suck the pipe, and pay for the 241 Marines and Sailors killed at the Marine Barracks in Beirut. There will be no tears shed in my house, I can tell you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
A full blown escalation between the pals and
Isreal will bring the middle east to war.

We can't expect Isreal to sit on the sidelines
any longer.

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
So much for dancing in the streets!

The world just got a little more interesting.

Israel with the gloves removed.... I can almost pity those they target.  Almost.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
My grandfather fought in the WW1, my father fought in the WW2...I don't want to miss something.
They say watch what you whish for you may get it...well I want  WW3.
To many people on this planet and I'm tired of seeing every day 6000, 3000, 4000 workers being laydoff  with no remorse.
To many Americans hate this country, is time for purification.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It already started, Ken. I heard some State Department talking head on the network news last night talking about restraining Israel so we can hold our coalition together. They showed that pig Arafat shaking hands with Tony Blair.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#9]
What happened on 09SEP01?  Wasn't that two days before four airplanes were hijacked?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top