Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 5:19:59 PM EDT
I've been thinking about this for a few days...

I got a Custom Glock 22 .40 cal, titanium firing pin, titanium guide rod insert, polished ramp, Glockworks 3.5 lb. trigger job, JP alum. mag well, and two Glock Hi-cap mags w/TF +7 bottoms.

I would need 15 participants @ $50 per ticket- that's 1 in 15 chance to own this piece...those are GOOD ODDS.

or...

30 participants @ $25 per ticket- 1 in 30 chance...still GOOD ODDS, but less cost per entry.

Someone other than me could collect the money(Certified funds or Money Orders)and when all 15 or 30 checks are mailed in to him, the Raffle ticket is picked by someone(who hasn't entered the contest)so there's no scammin'.

The Winner is picked, he provides me with a signed FFL and I mail him the piece...then he contacts the "purse man" when he receives the Glock, afterwhich he mails me the checks.

I think it would be fun to Win a GLock for $25 or even $50, don't you? All we would need is "the purse man"

So, Who's In?

this has been posted on "equipment exchange"-Complete Weapons For Sale as well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They...[b](scamsthat 1ofyourfriendswins)[b]....are NOT ALLOWED HERE....at least not since last time the 'revered and esteemed' GB said [b]NO![/b].
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
that's exactly why I suggested someone else doing the raffle, not I.
Anyone who's known and well trusted here. I don't even have to know him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont forget "they " are watching us and that is just about as Illegal as it gets! If it wasnt, everybody and his brother would be doing it!
As far as I know. only non profit ORG's can pull it off and get away with it. What charity are you giving the bucks to?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just what I said in For Sale forum. Not legal here in SD for sure.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
That a raffle is not allowed within the confines of this privately held board I may disagree with, but certainly understand that it is due to the myriad restrictions per law.  That there BE these myriad restrictions agries up my blood.  Can someone, ANYONE, give me or anyone else even ONE good reason ANYONE has to justify sticking their beaks into how I or anyone else conducts commerce?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Sorry for the rant, but good golly miss Molly, I really get quite upset at pointless intervention in areas that simply require no intervention.  But then, I'm a Libertarian, could any of you have guessed?[:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top