Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2007 8:07:46 PM EDT
Reason I ask is that I've heard everything from "total crap" to "absolutely perfect, 1/2 MOA rifle" about the same exact rifles (same model, different gun).

I'm considering buying a 20 or 24'' fluted barrel, varmint upper.

Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
mine are just dandy
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IBTL

What? Why?

Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
IMTOAL

I ahve a DPMS 6.8mm SPC and I broke the extractor after 560 rounds, I think it was my fault since I attempted to chamber ANOTHER round without seeing there wasone in the chamber. Dumb mistake on my part. Other then that a relativly accurate rifle.
In Before The Olympic Arms Lovers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh I will say this, my 14.5" with perm phantom is phenominal as far as the barrel goes, no weld marks, or any marks of any kind on the barrel to speak of.  It takes wolf just fine too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMTOAL
In Before The Olympic Arms Lovers.

M
Before

M != B
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

What? Why?

Because someone will come in saying they are crap, then someone swearing by them, then someone saying they are better then colt, then the colt loyalist, an oly lover will pipe up and everyone will laugh at him while 2 people come to his aide.  Eventually it will brew into 9mm vs .45 and implode
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold all the brands for years

I would rate it below BM RRA Colt and Armalite  but above Oly

DPMS replaced oly as the "budget" ARs at the sho I worked at

a few more problems than the main stream brands but tons less than oly

Ok stuff but a little rough
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My friend bought their .308 and I was impressed with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
DPMS is excellent products.
They are also an ARFcom sponser and have their own Fourm over on the Industry Board.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I sold all the brands for years

I would rate it below BM RRA Colt and Armalite  but above Oly

DPMS replaced oly as the "budget" ARs at the sho I worked at

a few more problems than the main stream brands but tons less than oly

Ok stuff but a little rough

I dont even know why im gonna bother, but one should point out that things do change throughout the years, the dpms quality nowadays isnt the dpms quality 5 years (or more) ago.

Not saying you didnt know that glock19, just saying it for the others.  

Ar15's are so damn cheap nowadays I dont even see why it matters, rather than buying 2k rounds (of decent stuff) you can just build another one.  If something breaks, you can replace it quite easily and cheapily.

Yes, cheapily
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Love both my DPMS AR's. Although I'm not quite finished buidling-up my second rifle, when it's done, it should be sweet.

My scoped rifle shoots great, with no problems.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top