Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 10/15/2001 9:53:24 PM EDT
I would have to say that I love this rifle. It is absolutely a joy too shoot! I'm still working with the sighting (good out too 200-300 yds.) with open sights. I'm sure I will be able to do better. However I can't see this being an ideal combat weapon. Sure it packs a punch and is accurate. But I was doing some rapid fire drills with it and well lets just say accuracy suffered. I think in full auto it would be even worse? I see where the AR is better in that regard. Still love the thing though, my .02
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:33:11 AM EDT
The Cartridge 7.62 NATO is just too powerful to be used in a select fire weapon. The M14 is a WONDERFUL rifle..it feels good in the hands, inspires confidence, has good ergonomics, can hit your target a long ways off, and the round has enough PUNCH to get through a lot of COVER and nail the guy on the other side. It is truly a Riflemans Rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:36:20 AM EDT
Basically the M-14 was the right rifle at the wrong time. It was obsolescent when it was introduced. The time and money put into its development was a waste as far as the military is concerned. However, this is one example of government waste that I don’t mind since we civilians got a really great rifle out of it. This should happen more often!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:40:07 AM EDT
ed- You have made a prety good assessment of the M1A rifle, IMO. I love mine too, if I EVER get it back from the guy working on it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:37:16 PM EDT
IF? I could only keep one. It would probably be the M1A. Sigh......... Only one? Sniff, sniff
Top Top