Who watches Anime? (Page 113 of 743)
Page / 743
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#1]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strykewolf] [#2]
Break Blade (2014)

If you didn't see the 6 episode ova (about an hour each - usually listed in movies); feel free.  From what I see, so far, all they did for the above is cut the ova episodes down and re-arrange some of the scenes into a different sequence.  So, it should be around 12 episodes total, three are out.  Or, just watch the ova/movie.  It's not bad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63106

Only if real-life was this easy.
View Quote

Easy?  He keeps getting stuck with more crazy girls (and a girly looking guy).  

Maybe not being able to see the flags makes a person more cautious and less likely to accumulate a harem of psychos.

ETA: If the show gets a second season, will we find out that the girly looking guy is actually a girl that thought she was a guy?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Maybe not being able to see the flags makes a person more cautious and less likely to accumulate a harem of psychos.

ETA: If the show gets a second season, will we find out that the girly looking guy is actually a girl that thought she was a guy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#5]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]

I don't think they're going to pull the same thing that Haganai did, although I also wouldn't be surprised.
View All Quotes

I don't think they're going to pull the same thing that Haganai did, although I also wouldn't be surprised.

I'm starting to wonder if part of the gimmick of this show, is to see how many harem comedies they can borrow from.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62687

...and that's how I added this show to my watch list...
View All Quotes
New shows for spring...

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou  - romantic comedy. High school guy doesn't want to repeat the disaster of his middle school years, and dreams of spending his high school years with "an intellectual girlfriend".  His parents get transferred, and agree to allow him to move into a boarding house, which turns out to be filled with "odd" people.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62687

...and that's how I added this show to my watch list...

Watched the first 2 episodes of this last night.

What anime is this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By B2k4E:

What anime is this?
View All Quotes

What anime is this?

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

What anime is this?

Thanks, mate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Amazon started shipping the English translation of the Sword Art Online Vol.1 novel, last week.  Volume 2 is scheduled for release in late August, and Volume 3 is scheduled for release in mid-December, so it looks like they are setting a pace of three volumes per year.  By this time next year, the (English version) novels should be about to the point where the first season of the anime left off.

I still haven't found anything indicating that the Sword Art Online: Progressive novels will be translated and released in the US.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
amazon has a new run of Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Sucks when you switch from dub to sub.  Been watching fairy tail on funimation and ran out of english.  Hard to adjust to different voices
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
Sucks when you switch from dub to sub.  Been watching fairy tail on funimation and ran out of english.  Hard to adjust to different voices
View Quote

Heh.   I started with subs...any time I come across an English dub; it sounds wrong.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#14]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Most dubs are absolutely terrible. They either try too hard or not hard enough.

There are rare examples of good dubs, but they're the exceptions apparently and not the rule.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

Heh.   I started with subs...any time I come across an English dub; it sounds wrong.  

There are rare examples of good dubs, but they're the exceptions apparently and not the rule.
About to watch Steins Gate. Sub or Dub?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#16]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sealy:
View All Quotes

It's ARFCOM, bro. Get both.

I started with dubs, then watched a few subs. Decided I liked subs better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]

You say what. About Chaika? Chaika, graduated top of class. Chaika Seals. Involved, lots of raids. Secret raids! Hero-fighting! Over 300 exploded breads, confirmed! Chaika, trained in eyebrow warfare. Top wizard. Entire Chaika armed foces! You, nothing but another bread. Chaika, cook you out. Precision, never seen before! Mark Chaika's words. You, get away? Think you can? Say stuff over Internet. Think wrong! Secret saboteur network, contacting! Right now! Your house, being traced. Storm, coming! Brace! Storm, wipe out you! You, little. You, pathetic. You, dead. Kid! Chaika, anywhere! Everywhere! Can drive car, over 700 ways! Just with Chaika hands! Chaika, trained in unarmed cuteness. Also, access to entire coffin! All of Chaika's dad, parts. Chaika, use. Full extent! You, miserable! Wipe bum off face of continent! You, should have known. Unholy retribution! Clever comment, bring down. On you. Held your tongue, should have. But, couldn't. Didn't. Pay price. Baka. Chaika, super angry! All over you! You, drown in hugs! Kid. Smothered
View Quote

I imagined it all in her voice

Why do the Japanese fascinate over platinum blond Russians so much?
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have never been picky about the voices but it is anoying when I watch two in a row that have the same voice actors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have never been picky about the voices but it is anoying when I watch two in a row that have the same voice actors.
View Quote

It appears there are like only 5 voice actors in japan and the US
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#21]

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63424

For Steins;Gate, I prefer the Sub.
Let's see if you can find out which one is the "True End" without having to look it up. Make sure to watch the whole anime first, before watching the OVA.

Super Sonico as Kurisu.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=61571
View All Quotes

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63424

For Steins;Gate, I prefer the Sub.
Let's see if you can find out which one is the "True End" without having to look it up. Make sure to watch the whole anime first, before watching the OVA.

Super Sonico as Kurisu.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=61571

Finally got around to starting this one.  Am about 2/3 through episode 1.  Taking a short break to puzzle a few things out.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1398884707442.jpg

View All Quotes
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1398884707442.jpg

You say what. About Chaika? Chaika, graduated top of class. Chaika Seals. Involved, lots of raids. Secret raids! Hero-fighting! Over 300 exploded breads, confirmed! Chaika, trained in eyebrow warfare. Top wizard. Entire Chaika armed foces! You, nothing but another bread. Chaika, cook you out. Precision, never seen before! Mark Chaika's words. You, get away? Think you can? Say stuff over Internet. Think wrong! Secret saboteur network, contacting! Right now! Your house, being traced. Storm, coming! Brace! Storm, wipe out you! You, little. You, pathetic. You, dead. Kid! Chaika, anywhere! Everywhere! Can drive car, over 700 ways! Just with Chaika hands! Chaika, trained in unarmed cuteness. Also, access to entire coffin! All of Chaika's dad, parts. Chaika, use. Full extent! You, miserable! Wipe bum off face of continent! You, should have known. Unholy retribution! Clever comment, bring down. On you. Held your tongue, should have. But, couldn't. Didn't. Pay price. Baka. Chaika, super angry! All over you! You, drown in hugs! Kid. Smothered

Enjoying that show, so far.  I find it amusing.  Not so much a 'magic rifle' as it is a magical focus that happens to be able to shoot stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]

I prefer subs for most of what I watch. The exception is Eureka 7 and the movies by Miyazaki that Disney released in the US.

To my ears the subbed version sounds better and it seems that the actors have a wider range of voices that they can do. All the US dubbed shows I have watched sounds like the same 3 people for every series over, and over, and over...

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have a sub they actually like? I hate them all except the one for FLCL.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:
View Quote

Cowboy Beebop.
Ranma 1/2
Macross Plus
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Lucky Star
Pani Poni Dash.

But that's really it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Omni:

I prefer subs for most of what I watch. The exception is Eureka 7 and the movies by Miyazaki that Disney released in the US.

View Quote

To my ears the subbed version sounds better and it seems that the actors have a wider range of voices that they can do. All the US dubbed shows I have watched sounds like the same 3 people for every series over, and over, and over...

Agreed. I only watch the subs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

A sub? All of them. (Well, except for those discs from, shall we say, questionable sources with unofficial subs that can't even repeat what are clearly English words correctly.)

Dubs, on the other hand, are generally horrible, when viewed on a whole. I think a lot of that has to do with voice acting in the western world not getting recognized and respected as well as in Japan; hence, less resources are devoted to the dub, and instead of having a bunch of accomplished and respected actors (which includes purely voice actors, really), you tend to get people just starting out or the like. This isn't always the case, and may improve with the public's appreciation for many of the CG animated films that are increasingly popular, but that's been the state of things for quite a while now.

I find that even if you get a couple of good VAs on a dub, poor performances by secondary characters can pull it down. The inevitable changes in dialogue can stand out at times versus the source material as well, though the better dubs these days typically have that covered well. I really don't like some of the dubs that drastically change the qualities of the voicing versus the original (e.g., making a character sound significantly older or younger than their original voice).
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I letft the entire Robotech series out for my kids to find, and now they can't stand the mindless Spongebob crap on TV.  My 9YO even told me that cartoons just don't make any sence, and nothing ever progresses.  Alas.... he has moved on out of garbage.  Even my 6YO gets invovled with story plots.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dragonfly228:
I letft the entire Robotech series out for my kids to find...
View Quote

There is still time to show them the light. Or bring them to the dark side, depending on who you ask.

DECULTURE!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmdLbrl] [#31]
Would you operate with the ghost of a World War II Japanese aircraft carrier??

(Above images are the result of an impromptu tweet by a pixiv artist who said on Twitter he would make a crossover drawing featuring the first two characters that his followers tweeted back to him. The first responses were "Kancolle Kaga" and "Chris Costa", and he did what he said he would. Considering Kaga is usually drawn as a traditional Japanese archer, carbine shooting is not that far off.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Fuck. I meant DUB
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Fuck. I meant DUB
View All Quotes

Fuck. I meant DUB

full metal alchemist, black lagoon etc
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#34]

What I don't understand is why I have to import stuff like this from overseas. Why are there no American artists doing stuff like this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#35]
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1395716551992.png
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1395716998646.png

What I don't understand is why I have to import stuff like this from overseas. Why are there no American artists doing stuff like this?
View Quote

Girls getting 'tactical' with guns, doesn't seem to fit with the current popular culture in the US.  Doesn't work with the 'moms against guns' message that the establishment has been trying to push on everybody for the last decade or two.

While in Japan, they've been putting out anime shows centered around the idea of girls joining airsoft clubs at their schools.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:52:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#36]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:00:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#37]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#38]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmdLbrl] [#40]
For shotgun girl artist is Bang-You.  Source is from the art book Girl & Gun Illustrated.
From the cut out watermarks on the school girl image it looks like it is from Girl & Gun Illustrated but I am not sure that it is Bang-you.

EDIT: Found the book, 148 pages is a lot for a manga artbook also found a pirate website that had the whole thing scanned and downloaded- but its in Russia and I am afraid of having my computer raped if I download from it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1395716551992.png

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/1395716998646.png

View Quote

Going commando in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 7:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#42]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#44]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#45]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 8:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToledoXJ] [#46]

There's 4-types of people Haruhi is looking for in her introduction in the first light novel.

Look at the SOS Brigade members (Kyon, Yuki, Mikuru, and Koizumi) and place each into one of these four positions.
View All Quotes

There's 4-types of people Haruhi is looking for in her introduction in the first light novel.

"My name is Suzumiya Haruhi. I graduated from East Junior High."
"I don't have any interest in ordinary people. If anyone here is an alien, time traveler, slider, or esper, please, come see me! That is all."

Look at the SOS Brigade members (Kyon, Yuki, Mikuru, and Koizumi) and place each into one of these four positions.

Yes but the anime starts with Kyon talking about these same types of people and not believing in them anymore
The argument is that Kyon is unknowingly the omnipotent one and he adds Haruhi to the list as the human.
She is the unpredictability a God needs to keep from getting bored when he is all knowing.  

I'm watching the series now and looking at it from this standpoint.
Kyon at times is a lying observer/narrator of events.
Some say endless 8 actually ends when Kyon finishes his homework, not because he stops Haruhi.

In all honesty this is the best thought out series I have ever watched. Nothing I've watched compares to it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:56:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#48]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]

I really hope there's more Girls und Panzer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#50]

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=50251
View All Quotes

Made sense, to me.  
Page / 743
Who watches Anime? (Page 113 of 743)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top