[#2]
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime/upcoming/movie

Mōretsu Pirates (movie)
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
errrrr.......

Captain Earth (TV) 2014
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15773

"Daiji arrives on the island while the alarm of a building labeled "Earth Engine" is going off. Someone asks him if he's a captain, just as robotic intruders from Uranus called "Kiltgang" arrive. "

lol WUT?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:26:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#4]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn funation site sucks. Tons of dificulty getting the player to work consistently
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmdLbrl] [#6]
Oh my god...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgGUEnMZrg

Her name is Mari-tan (as in Marine + tan)

You can get her bumpersticker too:

EDIT: Apparently Sgt. Maritan's job is- teaching English??
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:

Oh my god...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgGUEnMZrg

Her name is Mari-tan (as in Marine + tan)
View Quote
Embed

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Space Pirate Captain Harlock was better than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Non Non Biyori is getting a second season.

Let the healing resume.
View Quote

I've been missing that show.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JPN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Let the healing resume.

Candy Store and Renge are just so adorable when they are together. Kaede is wonderful by herself too.  Isn't it strange how a supporting character has the most touching story?
Inheriting her grandmothers store and house seems like a soft landing for someone who played the delinquent in school and didn't get good enough grades to go to college.  But now that store and property has her trapped, because there are no unmarried young men around the village.  They all have moved away to the city for university and or work.

You can tell in here scenes with Renge that she so wants to be a mom and have a Renge of her own. But her situation has her trapped. Poor girl, it makes me want to hug her

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:59:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#12]

Candy Store and Renge are just so adorable when they are together. Kaede is wonderful by herself too.  Isn't it strange how a supporting character has the most touching story?
Inheriting her grandmothers store and house seems like a soft landing for someone who played the delinquent in school and didn't get good enough grades to go to college.  But now that store and property has her trapped, because there are no unmarried young men around the village.  They all have moved away to the city for university and or work.

You can tell in here scenes with Renge that she so wants to be a mom and have a Renge of her own. But her situation has her trapped. Poor girl, it makes me want to hug her

View All Quotes

Let the healing resume.

It also does a fairly nice job of showing contrasts between rural thinking and city thinking (at least in the earlier episodes).  I grew up with some of that, since I was a few miles out past the suburbs of a large city, had relatives much farther out in the country, and went to school in the suburbs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]

It also does a fairly nice job of showing contrasts between rural thinking and city thinking (at least in the earlier episodes).  I grew up with some of that, since I was a few miles out past the suburbs of a large city, had relatives much farther out in the country, and went to school in the suburbs.
View Quote

At least for those that live in Japan.

A lot of city-folk can't fathom how I was able to run around in the forest, alone for a whole day, with a Yugoslavian SKS, at the age of 13.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Omni:
View Quote

cant find it subed....
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:

cant find it subed....
View All Quotes

cant find it subed....

or anywhere
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Omni] [#16]

Originally Posted By Swoosh101:
or anywhere
View All Quotes

cant find it subed....

or anywhere

Really? I watched part of it streamed and then after about 40 minutes I was able to watch it in HD from my computer hard drive.

I've never actually seen the rules for this thread but are we allowed to post links to torrent sites? What about links to streaming sites, I've posted one before but felt like I was risking mod wrath.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]

or anywhere
View All Quotes

cant find it subed....

or anywhere

found it http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Any suggestions for next series to watch with my 7 year old daughter?  We have watched everything on netflix that issnt sexual in nature.  Looking for shows where people have powers and whatnot like fullmetal.  Sexual stuff needs to be a minimum. Something like soul eater would be borderline too much.  Violence is no issue though. My daughter is mature enough to handle it. Claymore is her favorite foe reference.   Have the funimation subscription so anything on there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
Any suggestions for next series to watch with my 7 year old daughter?  We have watched everything on netflix that issnt sexual in nature.  Looking for shows where people have powers and whatnot like fullmetal.  Sexual stuff needs to be a minimum. Something like soul eater would be borderline too much.  Violence is no issue though. My daughter is mature enough to handle it. Claymore is her favorite foe reference.   Have the funimation subscription so anything on there.
View Quote

Avatar the last airbender and korra? I might even hazard soul eater
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Have you tried Baka and Test?  I think that was pretty clean.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

cant find it subed....

or anywhere

NYAA is where I got mine at

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Let the healing resume.

Like the scene of Hotaru having her house key fall out? That was cute
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Let the healing resume.
View Quote
My body is ready.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, Hitsuki no Chaika. Character designs are good.

Magical guns I am not so sure about but...

First episode broadcasts tomorrow.

People on /a/ who have read the light novels say the MC is actually competent and can do basic things like avoid being hit by his violent brocon yandere sister.

Do you think its a watch?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#26]
Ghost in the Shell, Blood+ and Code Geass.

Oddly enough, the Blood+ anime was a hell of a lot darker than the manga.

CG and GITS each have a new series out, and they're both awesome.

EDIT: I can't friggin' believe I forgot Black Lagoon! Now I feel like an idiot.

Anyone else fondly remember watching Mobile Suit Gundam and Dragonball as a kid?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:07:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#27]

View All Quotes

That was one.  

"No convenience stores?"

"I saw a commercial about those."
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#28]
New shows for spring...

Selector Infected WIXOSS - schoolgirls are chosen to be allowed to have secret duels with magic cards, and if they win enough duels, their wish is granted.  But there may be something sinister going on beneath the surface.    ...why does this sound familiar?

Majin Bone - guy hears weird noise, but his childhood friend doesn't hear it.  Noise later turns out to be coming from a tablet that transforms the guy into some sort of armored fighter, so he can have battles in another dimension.

Blade and Soul - emotionless (or nearly emotionless?) girl is on the run from some evil empire that 'used her'.  Unfortunately for the evil empire, she's quick enough to dodge bullets and very skilled with blades.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou  - romantic comedy. High school guy doesn't want to repeat the disaster of his middle school years, and dreams of spending his high school years with "an intellectual girlfriend".  His parents get transferred, and agree to allow him to move into a boarding house, which turns out to be filled with "odd" people.

Brynhildr in the Darkness - when he was a kid, the main character was in an accident where he was badly injured and his childhood friend (a girl he had feelings for) died.  After years of blaming himself for her death, a girl transfers into his school, and she looks exactly like his childhood friend and apparently even has the same name.  She denies ever having met him before, then tells him he will die if he doesn't do as she says.

Seikoku no Dragonar - children who are chosen as incubators for dragons, attend a special academy that teaches them how to use and care for their dragons.  One student has gone well past the time when his dragon should have been 'born', and creates problems when he lashes out in response to other students making comments about whether or not his dragon will ever be born.  When his dragon is finally born, rather than one of the known varieties of dragon, she's a girl with horns.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - the fourth princess of a small, poor kingdom is married off to the king of a large and powerful kingdom, in exchange for her kingdom not being taken over.  Political intrigue follows.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#30]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I'm on a Mac so be sure your antivirus kungfu is good

For a kid, these.
"Moe Moe Kyun" http://www.animedreaming.tv/anime/k-on/

K-on with guns http://www.animedreaming.tv/anime/sora-no-woto/

Some drama Kinda OK http://www.animedreaming.tv/anime/ano-hana/
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Scene gave me the heeby jeebies

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:25:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#33]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

u have netflix?... LOTS there.... also, lots at crunchyroll and hulu for FREE...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62687

...and that's how I added this show to my watch list...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
New shows for spring...

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou  - romantic comedy. High school guy doesn't want to repeat the disaster of his middle school years, and dreams of spending his high school years with "an intellectual girlfriend".  His parents get transferred, and agree to allow him to move into a boarding house, which turns out to be filled with "odd" people.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=62687

...and that's how I added this show to my watch list...

Kinda wonder how often she's gonna get smacked by the girl who is jealous but doesn't want to appear jealous.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By B2k4E:

A lot of city-folk can't fathom how I was able to run around in the forest, alone for a whole day, with a Yugoslavian SKS, at the age of 13.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B2k4E:

Was watching some random episodes, and one was the episode where they went looking for wild edible plants on the mountain that Ren-chan's family owns.

Reminded me of some reactions I have gotten, from apartment dwellers whose minds were blown by the concept of owning wooded acreage.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#37]
MEKAKUCITY ACTORS

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Ok, Hitsuki no Chaika. Character designs are good.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k506/Thomas_E_Peters/sample-ebd1d1c47af82820b27af15c004d7e7e.jpg

Magical guns I am not so sure about but...

First episode broadcasts tomorrow.

People on /a/ who have read the light novels say the MC is actually competent and can do basic things like avoid being hit by his violent brocon yandere sister.

Do you think its a watch?
View Quote

After one episode, it looks interesting.

Certainly not lacking in strange characters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#39]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#41]

I need an explanation on that anime.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:49:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Strykewolf] [#42]
Originally Posted By Tribalgeek:
www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/23-1/kancolle-anime-character-designs-previewed

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sealy:
Can't wait for this.
www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/23-1/kancolle-anime-character-designs-previewed

Looks like  decent idea, another one with a similar concept was AI controlled warships where the ships were female entities, was pretty good.

That would have been Arpeggio of Blue Steel; This one sounds like a naval version of strike witches.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Naval upotte lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Naval upotte lol
View Quote
You know you want it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:02:59 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sealy:
Can't wait for this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection

Its based on a online "card" game.  All the characters are moe anthropomorph's of WWII Warships. Until two weeks ago all the ships were Japanese, but first week of April Bismark and two German destroyers were added.

The characters are derived from very well researched service histories of the ships. The ship girls-"kanmusu"- wear uniforms and armor that take stylistic cures from the designs of the original warships.  Also the design of the girls take cues from the kind of warship they were.  The battleships are tall busty women for example. And the destroyers look like jr high students.
There are quite a few sight gags based on this.
A important part of the popularity of the game is that the characters are voiced.  And they hired a number of very popular anime voice actresses to record them, which helps get them in character.
There are no less than four manga series currently running based on Kancolle. The best IMHO is the Someday as the Seas Turn Calm manga, which features focuses on one kanmusu each chapter that has a namesake vessel in the JMSDF today. Each of the stories also has something to do with the modern ship.  For example, the episode focusing on Kongo, covers her frustration that her battlecruiser armament is increasingly obsolescent in warfare dominated by aircraft and submarines, and ends with showing her as the current AEGIS DDG Kongo. The most recent translated volume focused on the Soryu who was an aircraft carrier, but she is shown frustrated-and nearly sunk by- submarines before being saved by her own submarine girls. The ending shows her as the new SSG Soryu, designed to hunt Chinese diesel subs and to shoot Tomahawks at Chinese airfields.

It is admittedly a lot like a naval version of Strike Witches but it is better researched and thought out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#46]
no anti american BS?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#47]
no anti american BS?
View Quote

Not so far. Although the Abyssal ships have their weapons in inch measurements, make of that what you will.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Not so far. Although the Abyssal ships have their weapons in inch measurements, make of that what you will.
View All Quotes
no anti american BS?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#49]
[     ]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#50]
[     ]
Page / 743
Who watches Anime? (Page 112 of 743)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top