Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 745 of 746)
Page / 746
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:08:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#1]
I’m doing a rewatch of Overlord and it’s kind of hard to believe it’s been nearly two years since S4 premiered.

The Sacred Kingdom film is set to come out in the fall, though I do wish it was a season instead as I view anime films as basically 1/3 of a normal anime season (12-13 episodes).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Also….

Best girl:

And…

Best girl of the Pleiades:

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Season 3
Click To View Spoiler

More bridges, more cafes, and an onsen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Protip: Don't take your ammo to Japan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Anytime I’m slighting tempted to spend four figures on a trip to Japan, I just remember their 99.9% conviction rate and I spend the money on ammo instead.

Protip: Don't take your ammo to Japan.

Even if I leave the gun and ammo at home, I normally have stuff on me that would probably be an issue in Japan.  All the neighboring states have reciprocity agreements with Tennessee, so I'm good with carrying a gun if I wander into a neighboring state, but the possibility of different knife laws is what could trip me up on a weekend road trip (Tennessee pretty much repealed all the state knife carry laws, a while back).
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

While dubs are distasteful i dont think they lock you up over there for it.
View All Quotes
Anytime I’m slighting tempted to spend four figures on a trip to Japan, I just remember their 99.9% conviction rate and I spend the money on ammo instead.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I kinda want to see your avatar in a police uniform holding handcuffs saying: "I hear you been watching dubs".
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I kinda want to see your avatar in a police uniform holding handcuffs saying: "I hear you been watching dubs".
View All Quotes

The only VTuber meme I have on file.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_6766_jpeg-3210070.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_6766_jpeg-3210070.JPG

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:
Been watching Viral Hit, it's enjoyable for what it is.
View Quote

I expected it to be terrible and watched it when I was bored and enjoyed it. I've been looking forward to new episodes each week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I started rewatching the entire GITS series again. My god, anime used to be so incredible. Japan won't even make anything like this anymore, I never imagined anime would get even worse.

[ANIME-SCENES] Batou vs Doll Army (Ghost In The Shell: Innocence).
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The fable on Hulu is pretty hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#14]
If you’re into “strangers are mysteriously transported and forced to play a death game” anime, Battle Game in 5 Seconds is watchable, IMO.

The only thing that really stood out to me was how perfect the dub casting choice was for the sexy redhead that was pretty much always in lingerie and high heels. Extremely sultry voice.  I was shocked when I found this was the only VA role the voice actress has ever done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know what anime this is from?

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Had this sitting a while.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Today's episode of Jellyfish was amazing. This show just keeps delivering.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#18]

https://i.imgur.com/7aWbIZc.gif
View Quote

Might be 'Guilty Crown'?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Kind of lost interest in Spy x Family about episode 22.
Started watching again this week, and when Twilight took Yor to a bar in Ep 24, my first thought was "you've seen drunk Yor before, and you really don't want drunk Yor".

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Started watching again this week, and when Twilight took Yor to a bar in Ep 24, my first thought was "you've seen drunk Yor before, and you really don't want drunk Yor".

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.
View Quote

The 1st half of S1 was fantastic. Unfortunately, after the first 2 or 3 episodes of the 2nd half of S1, the series was mostly a snoozefest with only a few good episodes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.
View Quote
Twilight is fully capable of operating as an analytical machine in any role he takes on -- except being Twilight. Yor and Anya are his Achilles heel, because he legit cares for them, regardless of what he keeps telling himself.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Might be 'Guilty Crown'?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

https://i.imgur.com/7aWbIZc.gif

Might be 'Guilty Crown'?

That appears to be the one.  Thanks.

Can anyone speak to the quality? Reading the “setting” on Wikipedia, it sounds a lot like the setup to Code Geass.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:03:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#23]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Twilight is fully capable of operating as an analytical machine in any role he takes on -- except being Twilight. Yor and Anya are his Achilles heel, because he legit cares for them, regardless of what he keeps telling himself.
View All Quotes

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.

Not as much as some people think though.  Multiple times Twilight has verbally expressed loving feelings for Yor and the narrator has come on to inform the audience that Twilight was lying.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#24]

The 1st half of S1 was fantastic. Unfortunately, after the first 2 or 3 episodes of the 2nd half of S1, the series was mostly a snoozefest with only a few good episodes.
View Quote

Cruise ship arc seems to be trying to bring back the feeling of the early episodes.
Or maybe I needed to rewatch the beginning instead of picking it back up at ep20.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Cruise ship arc seems to be trying to bring back the feeling of the early episodes.
Or maybe I needed to rewatch the beginning instead of picking it back up at ep20.
View All Quotes

The cruise ship arc was good and I thought the Becky vs Yor episode was funny.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Not as much as some people think though.  Multiple times Twilight has verbally expressed loving feelings for Yor and the narrator has come on to inform the audience that Twilight was lying.
View All Quotes

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.

The only time I remember is when the narrator says, "Twilight is a phenomenal liar." Although he doesn't specially point out who he's lying to.
Even given your take, that would be where the anime fails the story. Manga Twilight isn't quite the same guy. He also didn't bring up Anya's mistakes in cleaning and cooking when Yor first moved in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

The manga does some wandering, too. The latest season seemed to follow the manga more closely.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#28]

Can anyone speak to the quality? Reading the “setting” on Wikipedia, it sounds a lot like the setup to Code Geass.
View Quote

It's awful. It was interesting in that it was an original project that had a LOT of money thrown at it. The sound and animation was high quality. The story was atrocious and the ending was maddening. The only good thing about it was livewatching with 4chan, as the threads were hilarious.

There was a lot of hope that it would be geass level in terms of enjoyability but it fell way short. It felt like a show partially plotted out by a committee to nail every trope they could that was popular at the time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The only time I remember is when the narrator says, "Twilight is a phenomenal liar." Although he doesn't specially point out who he's lying to.
Even given your take, that would be where the anime fails the story. Manga Twilight isn't quite the same guy. He also didn't bring up Anya's mistakes in cleaning and cooking when Yor first moved in.
View All Quotes

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.

Twilight was talking to Yuri about how much he loved Yor and how he’d risk his life to protect her and the narrator immediately said “this man is a bold liar.”
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Echd:

It's awful. It was interesting in that it was an original project that had a LOT of money thrown at it. The sound and animation was high quality. The story was atrocious and the ending was maddening. The only good thing about it was livewatching with 4chan, as the threads were hilarious.

There was a lot of hope that it would be geass level in terms of enjoyability but it fell way short. It felt like a show partially plotted out by a committee to nail every trope they could that was popular at the time.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Twilight was talking to Yuri about how much he loved Yor and how he'd risk his life to protect her and the narrator immediately said "this man is a bold liar."
View All Quotes

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.

Twilight was talking to Yuri about how much he loved Yor and how he'd risk his life to protect her and the narrator immediately said "this man is a bold liar."

That was very early in their arc. SXF isn't one of those instantly in love trope pieces. The slowly growing bonds are one of the more enjoyable aspects of the story.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:33:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#32]

That was very early in their arc. SXF isn't one of those instantly in love trope pieces. The slowly growing bonds are one of the more enjoyable aspects of the story.
View All Quotes

Yep, drunk Yor.
Twilight's an idiot.

Exactly my point of “not as much as some people think though.” I’m not speaking of you, of course.  Just the people that think Twilight and Yor are madly in love with each other as early as mid S1.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:49:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#33]

View All Quotes

If it’s inspired by Code Geass, I am obligated to give it a try. Will report back with second opinion…

ETA: First episode has some major Code Geass vibes, but also… I don’t know, something akin to Evangelion, FLCL, or Eureka Seven. Maybe just a touch of Re: Zero, or Fate: Last Encore? Maybe it’s just the girl in red that gives off that kinda vibe.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By rb889:

If it’s inspired by Code Geass, I am obligated to give it a try. Will report back with second opinion…
View Quote

It isn't close to being inspired by CG. You won't find many similarities other than the MC having a superpower.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I simply mentioned Code Geass because the setup sounded similar.  Specifically:

Attachment Attached File

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420] [#36]
Is it me or is season 3 of Konosuba kinda mid? I'm watching the dub and the VAs sound...different? I don't know. The energy between seasons 1 and 2 seem different than 3 too.

Ellf bride is turning into a cutesy rom com and I'm enjoying it. (I mean that's what it is, but still)

Kaijus last couple episodes got very interesting very quickly.

Re Monster is fun and it's nice to see an MC not being a pussy. I find it hilarious that he eats anyone not immediately useful.

Angel Included is cute.

Train ride continues to be absurd and is enjoyable.

Date A Live, I still barely remember who anyone is 5 episodes in aside from a couple of the girls. I have a lot of "who is she again?" moments.

Saladbowl is weird as shit, but in a good way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#37]

I simply mentioned Code Geass because the setup sounded similar.  Specifically:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8567_jpeg-3212934.JPG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown
View Quote

I got that impression from the description, as well, along with some of the flavor dialogue in Ep1 from the other students.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:34:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#38]

I got that impression from the description, as well, along with some of the flavor dialogue in Ep1 from the other students.
View Quote

By all means, watch it. But it did not receive a kind reception on release, other than for art, sound, and character design. I don't think it will be any better 13 years later. It's not the worst thing ever or anything, just a bit disappointing given the massive budget and hype it had at the time.

Code Geass was utterly ridiculous and over the top, and reveled in it. Where Lelouch paraded around as Zero and stole every scene he was in, Shu is a wet fucking blanket and the first half of the series is like watching an NTR fetishist dream as he pines after the main girl. There is a brief period in S2 where he becomes Hitler, but other than student revolutionaries (and thats pretty common with anime) it doesn't have a lot of Code Geass magic.

You want mecha student over the top nonsense, watch Aldnoah Zero or Valvrave the Liberator. Neither is as good as CG, but Valvrave in particular has more similarities.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
Is it me or is season 3 of Konosuba kinda mid? I'm watching the dub and the VAs sound...different? I don't know. The energy between seasons 1 and 2 seem different than 3 too.

Ellf bride is turning into a cutesy rom com and I'm enjoying it. (I mean that's what it is, but still)

Kaijus last couple episodes got very interesting very quickly.

Re Monster is fun and it's nice to see an MC not being a pussy. I find it hilarious that he eats anyone not immediately useful.

Angel Included is cute.

Train ride continues to be absurd and is enjoyable.

Date A Live, I still barely remember who anyone is 5 episodes in aside from a couple of the girls. I have a lot of "who is she again?" moments.

Saladbowl is weird as shit, but in a good way.
View Quote

Konosuba season 3 is a letdown.

Kaiju 8 is getting interesting.

Train ride absurdity is best absurdity.

Re-monster is interesting - but why do the goblin names need to begin with “gob”? What happens if he somehow evolves into a human? Or does he get to skip that and evolve into Kami-sama instead?

Reborn aristocrat with appraisal skills is decent. Some things are beyond the grasp of little kids, though.

Demon King Academy Misfit has confused the hell out of me - why the little kid act?

Big brother younger sister incest academy is also confusing as hell, but something something intrigue backstabbing family history plotting is being plotted.

New HiDive user interface is idiotic and has really cut down on my ability to watch anything at all…

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#40]

By all means, watch it. But it did not receive a kind reception on release, other than for art, sound, and character design. I don't think it will be any better 13 years later. It's not the worst thing ever or anything, just a bit disappointing given the massive budget and hype it had at the time.

Code Geass was utterly ridiculous and over the top, and reveled in it. Where Lelouch paraded around as Zero and stole every scene he was in, Shu is a wet fucking blanket and the first half of the series is like watching an NTR fetishist dream as he pines after the main girl. There is a brief period in S2 where he becomes Hitler, but other than student revolutionaries (and thats pretty common with anime) it doesn't have a lot of Code Geass magic.

You want mecha student over the top nonsense, watch Aldnoah Zero or Valvrave the Liberator. Neither is as good as CG, but Valvrave in particular has more similarities.
View Quote

Yeah, I got the wet blanket impression from EP1, was kinda hoping it ended swiftly. Will at least hold out for that part of S2.

Didn’t care for Valvrave, seemed too much like Iron-Blooded Orphans, and not in a good way. More in the sense of, “random kids are suddenly beating back a bonafide military force and somehow fending for themselves.”

CG built up to being over the top, and you at least got the sense that Lelouch was flying by the seat of his pants for awhile, until really finding his footing. The show even lampshades that when CC later comments on his flair for theatrics.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

View All Quotes

I haven’t watched any of S3 yet, but I will say that I am finding that anime series that go a LONG time between seasons tend to have a high probability of being disappointing.

The most extreme example I’ve ever seen is The Devil is a Part-Timer! I loved S1 so much that I rewatched it at least half a dozen times. Then, nearly one decade later, S2 comes out.  Other than The Promised Neverland, I can’t recall an anime I’ve seen that even came close to the drop off in quality between S1 and S2.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally watched moonlit fantasy s1 and liked it and started in on s2 and it's a little different but still enjoyable. A little different but nothing jarring. Fun trash to watch that keeps my attention.

Reincarnated as the 7th prince is just a riot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Ellf

Is Konosuba S3 doing the capital city/princess arc? If so it’s a bit slower paced than the previous seasons.

I haven’t watched any of it yet because I want to be able to binge it with the wife and she’ll only watch dubs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
I finally watched moonlit fantasy s1 and liked it and started in on s2 and it's a little different but still enjoyable. A little different but nothing jarring. Fun trash to watch that keeps my attention.

Reincarnated as the 7th prince is just a riot.
View Quote

Yeah, Tsukimichi is pretty good, despite having the stereotypical “harem protagonist with no fucking balls,” as mentioned in Combatants will be dispatched. I do like the premise of being summoned by an asshole goddess whom then abandons you out of pettiness. It’s actually a pretty good premise for an RPG, really. It’s one of the few shows I’ve really kept up with this season, seeing as Konosuba S3 seems to be sub-par compared to S1 and S2.

Haven’t seen 7th prince yet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Is Konosuba S3 doing the capital city/princess arc? If so it’s a bit slower paced than the previous seasons.

I haven’t watched any of it yet because I want to be able to binge it with the wife and she’ll only watch dubs.
View All Quotes

Ellf

Yes - but I don't think that that's the reason for my unhappiness - rather it is as if the writers forgot to make it funny.

(Admittedly my sense of humor may not be perfectly aligned with that of their intended audience - but I certainly got a kick out of the juvenile humor that pervades the earlier seasons, including the giant toads, the 'steal' magical spell, the explosion magic, and more - and I'm just not finding that same vibe in S3.)

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Yes - but I don't think that that's the reason for my unhappiness - rather it is as if the writers forgot to make it funny.

(Admittedly my sense of humor may not be perfectly aligned with that of their intended audience - but I certainly got a kick out of the juvenile humor that pervades the earlier seasons, including the giant toads, the 'steal' magical spell, the explosion magic, and more - and I'm just not finding that same vibe in S3.)

View All Quotes

Ellf

Is Konosuba S3 doing the capital city/princess arc? If so it's a bit slower paced than the previous seasons.

I haven't watched any of it yet because I want to be able to binge it with the wife and she'll only watch dubs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Sweet! New season of Demon Slayer!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:
Sweet! New season of Demon Slayer!
View Quote

I LOVED the one hour premiere!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#49]

I haven’t watched any of S3 yet, but I will say that I am finding that anime series that go a LONG time between seasons tend to have a high probability of being disappointing.

The most extreme example I’ve ever seen is The Devil is a Part-Timer! I loved S1 so much that I rewatched it at least half a dozen times. Then, nearly one decade later, S2 comes out.  Other than The Promised Neverland, I can’t recall an anime I’ve seen that even came close to the drop off in quality between S1 and S2.

View Quote

The decade delayed fourth (third) season of Full Metal Panic was great imo.

Many probably disagree with me though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Ellf

Did you watch the Megumin prequel?  If so, how does S3 compare to that?
Page / 746
Who watches Anime? (Page 745 of 746)
Top Top