User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 174 of 743)
Page / 743
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
1 was flat out painful. 3rd episode continued with the uptick seen in the 2nd episode. Optimistic it will remain a decent watch. Anyone picking it up at this point, definitely give it at least the first 2 episodes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

The first episode of Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records didn't hold my attention too well, but things did get much better in the second one.  I'll keep watching, at least for now.
1 was flat out painful. 3rd episode continued with the uptick seen in the 2nd episode. Optimistic it will remain a decent watch. Anyone picking it up at this point, definitely give it at least the first 2 episodes.
Yes, 'painful' is the right word for ep. 1.

Ep. 2 and 3 were improvements. I like seeing things go "boom".
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Anilinkz (make sure your adblocker is on).
View Quote
Gogoanime is also an option
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:
its on amazon...
View Quote
I guess they're on a delay, because it wasn't there when I checked Sunday night.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Bro!

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Sword Oratoria is good so far.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The new stuff on CR is meh.

Sakura Quest is nice.

Binge watching Date a Live and am reminded why i can't stand most harem anime.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#7]
AoT premiers on Toonami tonight. I'mma DVR it for nostalgia reasons. I haven't watched Adult Swim / Toonami in years
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:

Sakura Quest is nice.

View Quote
I feel that way about this season, too.  Seems like I've dropped lots of stuff so far.

Agreed on Sakura Quest.  Feels like elements of Shirobako, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Arakawa Under the Bridge.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Sakura Quest is nice.

View Quote
You're supposed to self insert as the protagonist.

not joking
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Started watching Terra Formars.

For pure and unadulterated blood and gore, characters who are vanquished by mind-numbing fear, unreasoning enemies who will not negotiate, wanton killing of characters that you've grown to like, and plenty of 'rip humans to shreds' action, it easily rivals Attack on Titan (1 - I haven't watched 2 yet).
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Watched the first episode of AoT. Crazy shit already happening
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gas__Operated:

not joking
View Quote
The only show where that works for me is Konosuba
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gas__Operated:

not joking

...yeah.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:20:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dizzy] [#15]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:
http://i.imgur.com/F7dgSAJ.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:
http://i.imgur.com/F7dgSAJ.gif
Is Aqua really going commando in the series ? So many tease shots of her bum ...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dizzy:

Is Aqua really going commando in the series ? So many tease shots of her bum ...
View Quote
pretty much yes.

The fact she's so useless/annoying no one cares is even better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:46:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_of_Orion] [#17]
The music scene can be kinda annoying. 

On the good side you have Yoko Kano who does a bunch of anime music and it's all excellent. 

But just now I thought the Ending of flip flappers and the ending of Alice to Zouroku sounded similar and I liked them so wanted to see if they're from the same group... and maybe I could pick up their other non anime stuff if their other stuff has a similar sound...

Flip Flappers ED... by TO-MAS feat.Chima

Alice to Zouroku ED... by toi toy toi

Different groups... but Masumi Ito is in both groups... lets look her up then... she's in Oranges & Lemons, To-Mas Soundsight Fluorescent Forest, Toi Toy Toi

ARGH! There's no single group putting out regular content.  They're all mixing and matching in different groups... forming and disbanding.

sigh... at least it isn't as bad as when I looked up Boa after loving the Lain Opening... and find out none of the rest of their stuff sounds anything like it... it's all rap electronica garbage.  The Lian opening was the only good thing they ever made.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:54:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#18]
Kill La Kill is hilarious.  

And I really like the dub voice actors.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: radia] [#19]
Watching a few new shows...

Eromanga Sensei is, how should I express this, bizarre. Yes, I know that pretty much all anime requires a "willful suspension of disbelief", but Eromanga Sensei takes it to an extreme of WTF-ness that I haven't seen since, I dunno, Cute High Earth Defense Club, or Keijo!!!!!!! (OK, who am I fooling - if I can accept the premise of Tanya the Evil, I guess that I can swallow this one too). Amazing how many coincidences they can pack into a few episodes, huh. I was expecting a bit more eye candy, and a bit less tsundere...

Although I thought that I'd sworn off all VR-world based fantasies after finishing Sword Art Online (which I mostly enjoyed), I'm finding that Baldr Force EXE has some interesting quirks, although I think that I've seen a lot of them before (evil MFs and institutions messing with kids' brains seems to be a repeating theme). It does get a little tiresome when every other line of dialog seems to be "Onii-chan"... Hard to separate the VR world itself from the dream sequences, but there are some nice transformations from sweet, innocent child to demon with a mouth full of sharp teeth - that seems to be a bit of a cliche too, as is the all-powerful entity that can not only control the network, but also reach into the real world to kill people. I guess that this one is not even new: apparently 4 episodes is all that we're gonna get.

I like the steampunk qualities of Clockwork Planet... And KADO: The Right Answer has kept my interest, although it can be pretty stiff at times...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By radia:
Watching a few new shows...

Eromanga Sensei is, how should I express this, bizarre. Yes, I know that pretty much all anime requires a "willful suspension of disbelief", but Eromanga Sensei takes it to an extreme of WTF-ness that I haven't seen since, I dunno, Cute High Earth Defense Club, or Keijo!!!!!!! (OK, who am I fooling - if I can accept the premise of Tanya the Evil, I guess that I can swallow this one too). Amazing how many coincidences they can pack into a few episodes, huh. I was expecting a bit more eye candy, and a bit less tsundere...

Although I thought that I'd sworn off all VR-world based fantasies after finishing Sword Art Online (which I mostly enjoyed), I'm finding that Baldr Force EXE has some interesting quirks, although I think that I've seen a lot of them before (evil MFs and institutions messing with kids' brains seems to be a repeating theme). It does get a little tiresome when every other line of dialog seems to be "Onii-chan"... Hard to separate the VR world itself from the dream sequences, but there are some nice transformations from sweet, innocent child to demon with a mouth full of sharp teeth - that seems to be a bit of a cliche too, as is the all-powerful entity that can not only control the network, but also reach into the real world to kill people. I guess that this one is not even new: apparently 4 episodes is all that we're gonna get.

I like the steampunk qualities of Clockwork Planet... And KADO: The Right Answer has kept my interest, although it can be pretty stiff at times...
View Quote
I watched the first two episodes of KADO.  It definitely feels more Japanese than I was expecting.  If you want something that is VR-world to Fantasy I liked Grimgar of fantasy and Ash.  It gave the whole MMO fantasy world becomes real life genre a realistic feel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone watched the newer Gantz movie.  It was excellent CGI some of the best I have seen in a little while.  

It got me to look at Gantz as a series again after the shaky way the Manga(and kinda the anime too) ended.

Also was I the only one who thought the Catastrophe invaders are the same group as the Vampires?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#22]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#23]
To Love ru is hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

I watched the first two episodes of KADO.  It definitely feels more Japanese than I was expecting.
View Quote
Yes - it is very much "the Prime Minister said this, and his emergency cabinet said that, and the negotiator did or didn't do this but he is working as part of a team and must consult and gain approval before he can act, but how dare she act without consultation even though the Prime Minister gave her full authority and Japan is the center of civilization on Earth so of course the alien being would make contact with Japan first and the rest of the world including the US and the UN is going to attack us but nothing can be done about it". LOL, but it does have some redeeming qualities.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Eromanga Sensei is, how should I express this, bizarre.
The light novel author’s sister has reportedly starting to ignore Tsukasa citing the author’s work as the primary reason.

“I’m not talking to that creep until he quits writing these messed up novels,” Fushimi’s sister told Anime Maru. “My brother has always been kind of… off and I’ve tried to tolerate it as best as I can until now. During the whole Oreimo thing he kept insisting that fiction and reality were separate and that it didn’t at all reflect any of the his views. In hindsight I probably should have just started avoiding him back then, but now with this Eromanga Sensei anime he’s really gone too far.”
I looked up that article -  I'd like to pretend that the quote is 'real', but even if it isn't, it does a good job of capturing the weirdness that is Eromanga Sensei.

Should I look into Oreimo?

I'm going to check out To Love Ru...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes - it is very much "the Prime Minister said this, and his emergency cabinet said that, and the negotiator did or didn't do this but he is working as part of a team and must consult and gain approval before he can act, but how dare she act without consultation even though the Prime Minister gave her full authority and Japan is the center of civilization on Earth so of course the alien being would make contact with Japan first and the rest of the world including the US and the UN is going to attack us but nothing can be done about it". LOL, but it does have some redeeming qualities.
View All Quotes

I watched the first two episodes of KADO.  It definitely feels more Japanese than I was expecting.
I have to admit though that Supermetalization or whatever they called the new coating they came up with got me hard.  Basically a coating harder than chrome lining with a friction co-efficient less than NiBx.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#27]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#28]
One punch man - OST - 05. The cyborg fights

I need more of this show
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Finally got caught up with Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2. Dear god that ending was nuts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Almost done with the dub of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Why didn't I watch this sooner?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:20:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SGStiles:

View Quote
Seriously. I've watched it like 3 times already
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvcZ-JuDoE

I need more of this show
View Quote
Have you looked up some of the OVA's

Their not action heavy but definitely capture the right spirit of the show.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#33]

View Quote
It's so good.  A masterpiece.

Next, watch the Sacred Star of Milos.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Started watching Terra Formars.

For pure and unadulterated blood and gore, characters who are vanquished by mind-numbing fear, unreasoning enemies who will not negotiate, wanton killing of characters that you've grown to like, and plenty of 'rip humans to shreds' action, it easily rivals Attack on Titan (1 - I haven't watched 2 yet).
View Quote
I second this.  It's a great show.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

It's so good.  A masterpiece.

Next, watch the Sacred Star of Milos.
View Quote
disagree.  i thought it was totally worthless.  then again i could only find a dub, and having seen fma:b with subs a few times through the new voices were pretty distracting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

10/10 and a perfect ending.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

10/10 and a perfect ending.
View Quote
WAY better than the original show's ending. IIRC the manga wasn't finished and they just made up some crap
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

IIRC the manga wasn't finished and they just made up some crap
View Quote
That seems to be an almost guarantee of a crappy ending.

Then again, some manga have had crappy endings.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#39]
So I just started One Punch Man, and this one had me laughing my ass off.  Starts at 0:50 or so

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
So I just started One Punch Man, and this one had me laughing my ass off.  Starts at 0:50 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJGtjBbNCV4
View Quote
Just wait till the end.  The most epic final battle I have seen in a while
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJGtjBbNCV4
Yeah, I ended up binge watching it last night.  The ending was pretty awesome.    Btw, I think the voice actor for Tornado is the same as Tanya the Evil.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Yeah, I ended up binge watching it last night.  The ending was pretty awesome.    Btw, I think the voice actor for Tornado is the same as Tanya the Evil.
View Quote
Aoi Yuki

You are correct.  So that means you watched it in Japanese.  I actually tried both and had a real hard time with the English Dub. The primary voice actors just feel way wrong to me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#43]
i like how this guy analyzes things

Empathy Through Animation - Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son)
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#44]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#45]
What is the 'deal' with lens flare in anime videos?

Are the artists just showing off? Is it supposed to make things feel more realistic?

I'm watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and the lens flare everywhere is so noticeable that it is distracting and annoying.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#46]
What is the 'deal' with lens flare in anime videos?

Are the artists just showing off? Is it supposed to make things feel more realistic?

I'm watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and the lens flare everywhere is so noticeable that it is distracting and annoying.
View Quote
I'm going with more realistic or a feature that is desired in newer anime.  It's important to note newer technologies in animation add just a little bit more sparkle than was there before.  Perhaps they let that get away from them in that one.  Although I saw it and liked it but I was more focused on the combat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Anybody hear anything about when volume 5 of the Sword Art Online: Progressive light novel series might be out?  

So far, I've had two Amazon emails get my hopes up, when I saw Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol 5 in the "you might be interested in" list.  Then I clicked on them and discovered that it was volume 5 of the manga.

I haven't even seen anything giving a release date for the Japanese version.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Anybody hear anything about when volume 5 of the Sword Art Online: Progressive light novel series might be out?  

So far, I've had two Amazon emails get my hopes up, when I saw Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol 5 in the "you might be interested in" list.  Then I clicked on them and discovered that it was volume 5 of the manga.

I haven't even seen anything giving a release date for the Japanese version.
View Quote
Reddit says Kawahara has pushed everything back by several months.

Looks like 2018, if that.  I hope he doesn't drop the project, though I would understand; it's a massive undertaking that would keep him busy for decades at the current rate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#49]
[     ]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#50]
For reasons I poorly understand I watched Scums Wish awhile ago.

Poorly written pretentious nonsense. Came across as being a few edits short of being an out and out hentai. Beautifully drawn though. Made for a weird contrast.
Page / 743
Who watches Anime? (Page 174 of 743)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top