BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
With friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs the French.
View Quote

Hmmm, just exactly where do the French stand on this issue?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Post from Crookshanks -
Eric and Rik, please don't resort to insults and name calling. It cheapens your arguments.
View Quote

You are right, you are so right about that. But these 'certain misguided youths' have this and a lot more coming, but you are correct, Sir.

I shall relent if 'certain misguided youths' do so as well!

Eric The(Penitent)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Post from DuhMan -
Screw you and the horse you rode in on!
View Quote

[:D]  [>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey DuhMan,
What the hell is your problem anyway?  And what do your attacks on Eric and Ryk have to do with the question concerning the Saudis?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Post from Jarhead_22 -
Eric, this is what TheWind would like you to explain to me, while he laughs and laughs.

If "knees bend" is some kind of homosexual reference, kindly don't include me in this discussion.
View Quote

I didn't think that TheWind was referring to YOU, with that post, I thought he was referring to [b]DuhMan[/b]. That's why I told him that I couldn't respond to 'certain misguided youths' even though he asked me to.

Heavens forbid that this thread should take off in a homosexual direction. I think we're all still talking about Saudi Arabia and whether it will side with the US or not. At least that's what I wanted to talk about!

Eric The(WhoKnows,MaybeI'mTheOneWho'sOutOfTouch)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, perhaps we'll just have to wait until TheWind stops laughing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If TheWind was telling me to explain it to YOU, rather than you-know-who, then I would imagine that what he meant was that you were inflexible in your views.

Which, IMHO, is not always a bad thing, either!

Eric The(InflexibleSupporterOfAmerica)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
With friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs the French.
View Quote

Hmmm, just exactly where do the French stand on this issue?
View Quote

The french government are whores. They will do whatever they have to do to appear to be our allies, but in reality they are scheming up ways (like they always have) to sell Iraq and every other bandit state weaponry (when this is over - just as they tried after the gulf war to ease the sanctions on Iraq's pocketbook and weapon purchasing capability). To them it is a national security isssue. The weapons they manufacture are usually (not always) inferior to ours but in order to maintain their independence in that area they must sell enough product to offest the high cost of production for themselves alone. Thus they end up selling to nations that the US, UK, Germany, etc. will not sell to. (Anyone not an immediate threat to them.)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
(in the Pollard thread)
I will say this:

If TheWind was completely mis- or un-informed on Pollard and the nature of his crimes, I apologize for (verbally) kicking him in the teeth for it.

If, however, he is just another well-informed apologist for a man who was a US citizen, but put the interests of another nation over those of the nation of his birth, every word stands.
View Quote

If that's inflexibility, I'm proud to be considered such.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who knows, maybe the Palm Tree with Swastika has become a fashionable accessory among certain young men that deal in the 'rough trade' aspect of their own sexualty.

Eric The(WerWeiss,WerWeiss?)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

Chill out. I have an Afrika Korps tshirt, and no I'm not a skinhead or closet nazi. The palm tree and swastika is probably the least offensive symbol from the germans in that war (there are some pretty far out ones...). Rommel sadly realized too late how they had all been duped. Anyway I just respect them AS A FOE to be defeated. My great uncle fought them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If somebody would be too short minded to say that the Israeli, as a reward for their non intervention in the Gulf War, got the Patriot, I am pleased to remind a couple of FACTS:

1)The Patriot were no acquired by any Israeli govt. and were manned by US personell.

2)The Patriot just simply DIDN'T WORK. I am writing from a house in Israel that was missed of only 100 mt. from a SCUD that the Patriot should stop.

Shalom
View Quote

Paulo, Yes the patriot was not as effective as first claimed. Now, if memory serves we are working on a new billion $ tactical antimissile system that will go straight to Israel even before we get any of the end product. Why there are so many members of congress of jewish ethnicity that are steadfastly in support of that military assistance, but oppose our own strategic antmissile system is beyond me. Same principle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Post from shooter69 -
Chill out. I have an Afrika Korps tshirt, and no I'm not a skinhead or closet nazi. The palm tree and swastika is probably the least offensive symbol from the germans in that war (there are some pretty far out ones...). Rommel sadly realized too late how they had all been duped. Anyway I just respect them AS A FOE to be defeated. My great uncle fought them.
View Quote

Precisely, shooter69! But how would you react if someone questioned your patriotism and loyalty to the United States [u]simply[/u] for defending Field Marshall Erwin Rommel against charges that he merely turned a blind eye to the all-too-obvious sins of the Third Reich?

Well, 'certain misguided youths' questioned my patriotism and loyalty to our country simply for my discussing the issues of the USS Liberty and Jonathan Pollard on this Board.

I assume that you don't reflexively recoil when you see the Star of David?  Well some elderly folks and their kindred would view the Afrika Korps insignia and other Nazi symbols with a reflexive recoil and, I would imagine, a total lack of understanding as to how anyone could even bear to wear such horrible reminders of a thoroughly inhuman regime!

I am of direct German descent myself and always have to remind myself that those symbols are truly abhorrent to a lot of people I love and respect.

Otherwise, I might be wearing them!

Eric The(IUsuallyStickWithTheRebelFlag-ICanGetMyAssKickedSufficientlyEnoughWithThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh, but Ryk!!!!!  You are "NAME CALLING"!
View Quote

So what? When have I ever hesitated to call you an idiot?  Now you're sounding more like an Alzheimer's patient.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Eric and Rik, please don't resort to insults and name calling. It cheapens your arguments.
View Quote

I am not arguing with DuhMan, I am belittling him.  He and I passed the arguing stage way back on the old ar15.com in some truly titanic flame war threads.  But thanks for your advice. I will take it under consideration.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#15]
HOLY SHEET!

I just came back and saw this SOB's rantings!  

If there's ANY DOUBT where this SOB's first loyalties lie, they should be clear NOW!

Holy Moly!  He researches my questions on the HISTORY TOPICS???!!!  Comes up with the crap I'm PRO-THIRD REICH 'CAUSE I ASK FOR SOMEBODY WHO CAN FIND THE "AFRIKA KORPS" SYMBOL?!

Damn, this SOB IS CRAZY!!  Guess it shows where HIS rabid loyalties lie!

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK! ........KEEP DIGGING HOLMS!

DaMan

PS- Maybe "Ryk-the-homophile-writer's" loyalties as well!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Are the Saudis really OUR allies?"

When I first saw that question posed by Eric (the pro-Israel) Hun [>]:)] , I had to first figure out what ERIC meant by "OUR".  By "OUR ALLY" did Eric mean Israel's Ally or did he mean the US's Ally?  Hard to figure out when that question comes from someone with "confused loyalties".

I think Waldo and fight4yourrights summed up the precarious situation of the Saudis pretty well!

Eric would like you to think the Saudi Government continues to support bin Lauden.  But he fails to point out that bin Lauden, and others like him, present as great a danger to the Saudi Government as they do to the US.

Yes, the Saudi Government (Royal Family) supported bin Laden's activities in Afghanistan against the Russians in the 80's (guess what.....so did our CIA!)!

The rift between bin Laden and the Saudi Royal Family began after Sadam's invasion of Quwait and American troops were stationed in Suadi Arabia.  Bin Laden wanted no foreign troops and proposed to protect the country with his fanatical supporters.  The Royal Family said "NO"!  Bin Laden kept pressing and was told by the Royal Familiy to "SHUT THE FUG UP"!  Bin Laden refused and was placed under house arrest.

Bin Laden then fled from Saudi Arabia to the Sudan, where he continued to agitate.  The Saudi's revoked his citizenship. Bin Laden kept talking his sheet!

In 1993(?) the Royal Family had enough of his crap and Saudi Intell tried to have bin Laden "whacked" in the Sudan.  They failed!  Now, bin Laden was REALLY peesed off!

As you can see, there's not much love lost between Osama Bin Laden and the Saudi Government!

Does he have individual supporters in Saudi Arabia?..... Probably!  But he has individual supporters from every country with a large Islamic population in the entire world!

Eric likes to point out how people in Islamic coutries were "dancing in the streets" when they heard of the tragedies in the US.  But, I'm not sure if Eric, and others that think like him, didn't do a little celebrating themselves.  Because NOW, he can make his enemies YOURS! And Eric's got a lot of enemies that could very well prove to be OUR Allies in the long run!

We need to pick our own fights!  Not let others pick them for US!

DaMan

Had to repeat this post because it seemed to piss Eric and Ryk off!  Started them on a PERSONAL attack on me!!!  Oh, well, small minds!

But please, debate the facts!

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]

The Saudis are "on our side" only when it suits them.
View Quote

Just like Israel and every other nation on earth.
View Quote

Not the British!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#18]
You know what's really sad is when these certain misguided youth continue to rant on and on about who knows what, long after anyone has expressed any interest whatsoever in what's being said by them.

And, yes, sadly they are so empty in their own miserably wasted lives that they seek to glom onto the perceived glory of a thoroughly ruthless and inhuman regime such as the Third Reich! Can you imagine, these very youths who most likely would have been tossed out of any military organization worthy of the name.

Yet it bothers them not a wit that in a long and brutal war against those fighting under such insignia, hundreds of thousands of their own countrymen fought and died, and millions of others perished!

And it is these misguided youths who seem to think that THEIR loyalty to the United States is above reproach, that it is the patriotism of others who should be questioned!

To put this all in perspective, I would dare and challenge such misguided youths to attend a VFW Hall in my part of Texas, or visit a VA Hospital, wearing their glorious Nazi regalia!

Now, whose patriotism can be challenged?

Friggin Nazi Bastids! (But I mean that in the most inoffensive way!)

Eric the(OfCourseI'mNotReferringToAnyoneHere!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Bin Laden has called for the overthrow of the Saudi government."

Do you think for a minute if the 'funds' paid to Bin Laden were not given with the express approval of the Saud royal family, those particular 'businessmen' would not be in some Saudi prison, awaiting beheading after the next day's morning prayers?

Think about it!  

Get real!

Eric The(F***TheOthers)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Damn, you always ask the JUST the right questions , Eric! Unfortunately you just keep coming up with the all WRONG ANSWERS!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW, Eric!  I feel sorry for you that you felt SO trapped in a corner by logical arguement that YOU HAD TO DEAL THE ANTI-SEMITE card from the bottom of the deck!

Sucks to be YOU!

DaMan

Yes, this is edited so I'm YOUTHFUL, KNOW-NOTHING, TEENAGE, DaMan!  Hahahahhahahaha!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Certain misguided youths should give it up, and realize that absolutely nothing they say is of sufficient weight to overcome a growing conviction on my part that [b]Nazi regalia + intense hatred of Israel[/b] is certainly not going to make anyone believe that they have America's interests at heart in this argument!

Someone's time would be be better spent trying to change their boyfriend 'Poland's mind about who gets to be the Stuka tonight and who gets to be the Panzer Mk IV that is 'blown up'!

Eric The(IstAllesKlar,MeineScheissekopf?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Saudi Arabia should remember who gave them AWACS and fighter aircraft to protect their country. Also I guess they forgot about the Gulf War. If they wont let us use their bases to attack from then maybe we need to introduce them to the neutron bomb?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the "youthfull part" the best!  You left off handsome!  BUT!!! That goes without saying!

Nazi regalia?  Hahahahahhahaaa! Oh.... and I like WWF and stock car racing too!  Oh, and I live in a trailor park! Hahahhahahahaa!  

Eric, you make me laugh! I catch you trying to spread your Arab hating BS to the world!  Correct you....and I'm the one who's wrong! I'm the one who's a biggot...not you!

You are pathetic and deserve sympathy! Sorry, I'm not the one to offer it to you!

Sucks to be YOU!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Jesus Christ...isn't it enlightening when someone like Duh goes off like this?  Total incoherence, BIG CAPITAL LETTERS, mindless laughter at God knows what...
Sometimes I seriously think the dweeb is a bipolar case.  Lithium, baby, it's good for what ails ya...
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, Ryk!  That was a cheap shot, but at least you had enough guts to take a shot!

Although you launched some personal assaults, you came up pretty short there!  Still failed to dispute any of my facts about the Saudi/bin Laden connection!

I'm VERY disappointed in you!

Keep nipping at my heels! I love to kick Chihuahuas in the teeth!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Lord, RikWriter, has DuhMan always been like this? I've read cases where some patients have been seized with [b]delusions of grandeur[/b], but in this case, DuhMan seems to be laboring under a [b]delusion of adequacy[/b].

Well, nevertheless, when the mind goes, it's a horrific thing to see, even when it occurs among certain misguided mental midgets, such as DuhMan.

Hopefully, a full and meaningful sex life with his Palm Tree & Swastika assed boyfriend who he insists on referring to as 'Poland' will be of some small consolation to this misguided youth.

Eric The(OneCanOnlyHope)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh, BTW, Rik!.... Homos have NO place in the US Armed Forces! No matter HOW much you push for that!

Sorry about your friends who died of AIDS!  Guess their lifestyle's just caught up with them!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Still failed to dispute any of my facts about the Saudi/bin Laden connection!
View Quote

You can't dispute "facts" that don't exist.  You've presented no evidence, only made assertions.  When presented with evidence that powerful people in the Saudi government are supporting terrorists, you ignore it.  Why should I bother arguing with someone as obviously psychotic as yourself?
You have no argument, only inane ranting.
You're a waste of skin and twice over a waste of bandwidth.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still failed to dispute any of my facts about the Saudi/bin Laden connection!
View Quote

You can't dispute "facts" that don't exist.  You've presented no evidence, only made assertions.

You are ONE FUNNY DUDE, Rik!  What are the accusations I can't spell out for you?

Rik, please challenge me to provide PROOF... or lack thereof of YOUR ALLEGATIONS!

Saudi Govt. involvement with bin Laden? You are a dumbsheet! The Saudis would like bin Laden "DEAD"!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey Rik! Is it true that deposed dictator and human cesspot Idi Amin is still living 'high on the hog' in Saudi Arabia at the invitation of the Saud Royal Family?

Wow what an enlightened country that must be!

I mean there were reports that he actually practiced cannibalism on some of his more unfortunate victims in Uganda. But why hold that against the poor man? [i]De gustibus non est disputandum[/i], as they said in Rome.

Course, I doubt the highly civilized Romans were referring to cannibalism.

Next we need to try and remember how helpful the Saudis were to the FBI agents who were trying to investigate the Khobar Towers bombing in 1996, in which 19 American servicemen were killed. Even though then-FBI Director Louis Freeh personally went to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to speak with the Saudi investigators concerning the bombing, he left with no firm commitment from the Saudis that they would even permit the FBI to interview witnesses!

Whoa, what an amicable group of folks to do business with, huh?

Eric The(StillSearchingForSignsOfIntelligentLifeInRiyadh)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]
You know, Rik, if the Saudis [u]actually[/u] wanted to see Bin Laden dead, as some misguided youths with crap for brains might believe, one would think that they would actively participate in assisting the United States in its efforts to 'see Bin Laden dead'! But they don't!

And you know they could 'cut off' his funding by Saudi businessmen, as easily as they could cut off the businessmen's heads. If they really wanted to 'see Bin Laden dead.' But they don't!

But you know, I simply don't believe that they have any problems with Bin Laden at all!

Eric The(Duhhh,CaseClosed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You are ONE FUNNY DUDE, Rik!  What are the accusations I can't spell out for you?

Rik, please challenge me to provide PROOF... or lack thereof of YOUR ALLEGATIONS!
View Quote

Saying something is so don't make it so.  Both Eric and I have, at different times, provided documentation that the Saudis are funding terrorists.  Your response has been denials and insults (which I happily return).  You haven't shown one scintilla of evidence that the various press reports (providing info I had heard LONG ago) are false.  All you do is prate like the psychotic asshole you are.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread has degenerated.  I was looking forward to some useful discussion of the Saudi position ... [:(]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Post from ckapsl -
This thread has degenerated. I was looking forward to some useful discussion of the Saudi position ...
View Quote

Well jump on in boy, we really need to discuss the Saudi position regarding the United States.

I'll admit that the thread (along with the USS Liberty, Pollard, and Radical Israeli threads) has degenerated into a squabble of sorts, but I'm certain that it can be restored with a little effort.

And I'd appreciate hearing your views.

Eric The(Let'sSeeWhereThisThread'WentSouth')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Sorry, Rik!  I must have blinked!  You say that you and Eric have evidence/showing that the Saudi Government is supporting bin Laden?

Please repost that!  That's important info!

TIA!  DaMan

PS - Oh, BTW those bases in Saudi will be used to attack Iraq, and NOT bin Laden in Afghanistan!  This could create a problem for the Saudis!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry, Rik!  I must have blinked!  You say that you and Eric have evidence/showing that the Saudi Government is supporting bin Laden?
Please repost that!  That's important info!
View Quote

Do your own legwork.  Eric posted a link to the ABC news report on the subject and in another thread I told you about a CNN report that said the same thing. Go fetch.
I didn't NEED those reports to find out about it however, because I have a friend in the military who was in Yemen a few years ago and he said it was common knowledge over there.  
But why should I believe all those sources when I have a psychotic moron such as you denying them?  After all, your idiotic, baseless ravings surely must count for more than press reports from various sources and a first hand account from a close friend who's travelled in the Middle East, right?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, Rik, I'm SO impressed with your sources!

You are so HIGHspeedlowdrag!

First off, Eric's ABC "source" mentioned something about PRIVATE donations!  And then a couple lines down it explained how bin Laden wanted to overthrow the Saudi Government! DOH!!!!

Like I said, bin Laden is getting private donations from every Islamic country in the world!  YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE THE SAUDI GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS HIM!

But I guess your swabby freind probably has the inside scoop on bin Laden and his supporters!   Hahahahhahahhaha!

Thanks for the chuckle!  DaMan  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Yawn.  Whatever DuhMan...your lack of any sort of evidence to back up your position makes arguing with you a waste of bandwidth.  If you like, I can continue to belittle you though...unless you dislike the competition, since you are so proficient at making yourself look like an ass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I didn't figure you'd come up with anything informative, Rik!

Yeh, just a little bit of ankle biting and Rik's flying off into the sunset with DaMan's boot up his Chihuahua a$$!

What a hoot! DaMan
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Are the Saudis really OUR allies?"

When I first saw that question posed by Eric (the pro-Israel) Hun [>]:)] , I had to first figure out what ERIC meant by "OUR".  By "OUR ALLY" did Eric mean Israel's Ally or did he mean the US's Ally?  Hard to figure out when that question comes from someone with "confused loyalties".

I think Waldo and fight4yourrights summed up the precarious situation of the Saudis pretty well!

Eric would like you to think the Saudi Government continues to support bin Lauden.  But he fails to point out that bin Lauden, and others like him, present as great a danger to the Saudi Government as they do to the US.

Yes, the Saudi Government (Royal Family) supported bin Laden's activities in Afghanistan against the Russians in the 80's (guess what.....so did our CIA!)!

The rift between bin Laden and the Saudi Royal Family began after Sadam's invasion of Quwait and American troops were stationed in Suadi Arabia.  Bin Laden wanted no foreign troops and proposed to protect the country with his fanatical supporters.  The Royal Family said "NO"!  Bin Laden kept pressing and was told by the Royal Familiy to "SHUT THE FUG UP"!  Bin Laden refused and was placed under house arrest.

Bin Laden then fled from Saudi Arabia to the Sudan, where he continued to agitate.  The Saudi's revoked his citizenship. Bin Laden kept talking his sheet!

In 1993(?) the Royal Family had enough of his crap and Saudi Intell tried to have bin Laden "whacked" in the Sudan.  They failed!  Now, bin Laden was REALLY peesed off!

As you can see, there's not much love lost between Osama Bin Laden and the Saudi Government!

Does he have individual supporters in Saudi Arabia?..... Probably!  But he has individual supporters from every country with a large Islamic population in the entire world!

Eric likes to point out how people in Islamic coutries were "dancing in the streets" when they heard of the tragedies in the US.  But, I'm not sure if Eric, and others that think like him, didn't do a little celebrating themselves.  Because NOW, he can make his enemies YOURS! And Eric's got a lot of enemies that could very well prove to be OUR Allies in the long run!

We need to pick our own fights!  Not let others pick them for US!

DaMan

Edited to get Erics favorite Icon to show!

Think that says it all!

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#41]
You going to sit down and cry now, Duh?  Or just try to spam me from yet another one of your many email addresses?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Rik, if you're getting unwanted e-mail, it's not me!

Maybe that SPAM is coming from one of those homo porno sites you visit!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's a nice little commentary by Michael Barone of USNews & World Report. The Hun says check it out!

Web exclusive 9/28/01
[size=4][b]Dicey relationship[/b][/size=4]
[i]How much is our friend Saudi Arabia helping us?[/i]  By Michael Barone

How much is our friend Saudi Arabia helping us in our war against terrorism with a global reach? It's not clear.

Now the Saudis appear to be tilting toward the United States. Prince Turki was dismissed as
intelligence chief before the September 11 attacks, and the Saudis have, in General Powell's words, agreed to every request we have made. [u]But it is widely believed that prominent Saudis, if not the heads of government, have supported and financed Osama bin Laden's network and other terrorist networks beside[/u]. Saudis have sought to install Wahhabist leaders in mosques around the world, including the United States, who preach an Islam unnervingly similar to that of Osama bin Laden. As University of California–San Diego political scientist Seyyed Vali Reza Nasr concludes, "[u]Saudi Arabia is the single most important cause and supporter of radicalization, ideologization, and the general
fanaticism of Islam[/u]."

Is it too much to hope that we can perform a feat of jujitsu here and get a Saudi government that has tolerated the export of terrorism to use its intelligence and information to help us destroy that terrorism?

Article found at:
[url]http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/baroneweb/mb_010928.htm[/url]

Yes, Mr. Barone, I suppose it is too much to ask. How much did that little Gulf War cost the US in blood and treasury? Well, that's too much!

Eric The(NowIfThatDon'tBeatAll!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's yet another excellent article by Michael Barone, Senior Editor of US News & World Report, on our faithless allies - Saudi Arabia:

[size=4][b]War by ultimatum[/b][/size=4]
BY MICHAEL BARONE  10/1/01

What next in the war against terrorism? All eyes early last week were on Afghanistan and Pakistan. Contrary to predictions that Muslim countries would not help the United States, Pakistan has evidently agreed to all our demands. We gave Pakistan the [u]Stalingrad ultimatum[/u]: Nazi troops had pinned the Red Army down just one block from the Volga River. But the Red Army held. Its policy was to shoot any soldier who retreated: If his chance of dying in the ferocious fighting was 90 percent, his chance of dying if he retreated was 100 percent. Suddenly a very high risk seemed acceptable.

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf now faces great risks from Islamic fanatics in Pakistan. But he knew that if he did not cooperate, then the United States could destroy Pakistan's nuclear weapons and military forces. The questions now are whether the Pakistanis will turn over the information their intelligence network has gained in their aid to Osama bin Laden and the Taliban and what that information turns out to be worth. We have the force to prevail in Afghanistan, but we need to know where to go. We should insist that Pakistan tell us what it knows and be held accountable for the result.

In the meantime, other states that sponsor terrorism can be given Stalingrad choices. U.S. officials can demand–may already have demanded–that Syria, Iran, [b]Saudi Arabia[/b], and the Palestinian Authority shut down terrorist organizations they have harbored and put the terrorists in jail–or where we can get at them–and share with us the intelligence they have obtained from their links to terrorists. We can demand that they quit broadcasting vile propaganda justifying suicide bombers and that they make public statements opposing terrorism. This will subject them to the risks faced by Musharraf. But we can make the alternative less attractive.

For the complete commentary go to:
[url]http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/011001/opinion/1pol.htm[/url]

Hmmm, what does Mr. Barone know that certain misguided youths don't know?

Eric The(Answer-[u]Plenty[/u]!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Come on Eric, don't confuse DuhMan with facts...you'll overload that one brain cell he has left.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Just in case anyone missed this thread the first dozen times around. [>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I dunno.. is bush on our side?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24766
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Gooood question, Vampire. I think that it remains to be seen....[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top