Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/14/2007 9:21:44 AM EDT
German army in new racism row

POSTED: 10:49 a.m. EDT, April 14, 2007

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- A video showing a German army instructor telling one of his soldiers to envision African-Americans in the Bronx while firing his machine gun was broadcast Saturday on national television.

The video, coming after scandals involving photos of German soldiers posing with skulls in Afghanistan and the abuse of recruits by instructors, seemed likely to raise more questions about training practices in Germany's conscript army.

"We can no longer talk about an isolated case," said Lt. Juergen Rose of the Darmstaedter Signal, a group of current and former army officers and sergeants who independently review military procedures.

"Things like this don't happen in the army on an everyday basis, but unfortunately in recent years there have been a number of comparable incidents."

The Defense Ministry said the video was shot in July 2006 at barracks in the northern town of Rendsburg and that the army has been aware of it since January.

"We are currently investigating the incident," said Florian Naggies, a spokesman for the army and Defense Ministry.

He did not identify the instructor or the soldier, who are shown in camouflage uniforms in a forest.

The instructor tells the soldier, "You are in the Bronx. A black van is stopping in front of you. Three African-Americans are getting out and they are insulting your mother in the worst ways ... Act."

The soldier fires his machine gun several times and yells an obscenity several times in English. The instructor then tells the soldier to curse even louder.

The existence of the video was first reported on the home page of the German news magazine Stern on Friday and excerpts of the video were aired on the news television channel n-tv on Saturday.

According to Stern, the 90-second video had been posted on a Web site used by soldiers to exchange private videos. A soldier who used the site alerted his superiors, the magazine reported.

The video is the latest embarrassment for the German army. Eighteen army instructors are currently on trial for allegedly abusing and humiliating 163 recruits in 2004. Last year, newspapers published photos of German soldiers in Afghanistan posing with a skulls -- including one who exposed himself while holding a skull.

www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/14/germany.race.ap/index.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Hooray for political correctness.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I had to endure drill instructors telling an entire platoon from NYC and the NE yelling "Run, scumbags, yeah, run just as if the cops were chasing you". Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Edited
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the Germans are planning to invade the Bronx?

That seems like a plausible explanation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Now they'll have to picture Jesse Jacksun and Al Sharptongue instead because thats who will be attacking them!!

Seriously, I think those two idiots have done more to hold Blacks back than to advance anyone, when you run around teaching everyone of your race willing to listen "You can't achieve anything because your black and racism is why, let us help you follow us!"

Then you have done a whole group of followers a great disservice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe the Germans are planning to invade the Bronx?

That seems like a plausible explanation.

Nah...probably France

WBK
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Now they'll have to picture Jesse Jacksun and Al Sharptongue instead because thats who will be attacking them!!

Seriously, I think those two idiots have done more to hold Blacks back than to advance anyone, when you run around teaching everyone of your race willing to listen "You can't achieve anything because your black and racism is why, let us help you follow us!"

True, but what does that have to do with the original story?  People are talking about shooting Americans and it seems to be getting a pass here
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
You can always tell the difference between republicans and democrats in the Bronx, the democrats carry baseball bats and the republican carry knives, another drill instructor favorite.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Well at least he didn't say Jews.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#10]
New German Army qualification targets :

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll have a coke!

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but what does that have to do with the original story?  People are talking about shooting Americans and it seems to be getting a pass here

The simple truth is that a good number of people here don't see the connection - they only see the same demonized sterotypical figure that they themselves see in their "scenarios."

The fact that this is a foreign army and the scanario is in an American city is thus easy to ignore - classic cognitive dissonance.  Who do you hate more "foreigners" or "negros?"  You want to really trip up some arfcommers - throw a Mexican into the mix on the German side.

The irony of all of this is that a seemingly disproportionate number of german women LOVE American black men.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll have a coke!

Nice reference
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Alright, if think they are getting a pass Talking about shooting Americans, try this!!

How do you think other countries feel about Private training schools and even some government agencies using targets depicting them on them? You know the Turbined target B-27's etc.

Sorry can't just be hypocrytical here, we do it too with other foreigners.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Using killing Americans as a motivational tool is something you would expect from iran or north korea, not Germany, who is supposed to be an allie of sorts.

The instructor telling the soldier to curse louder, and it sounds like he's also telling him to yell racial slurs louder, in English, while being recorded, sounds fishy to me.

I don't have a clue why they would stage something like that, and
I'm not saying they are, but it just doesn't sound right.

If they're indeed saying things like that, killing Americans, as motivation. They need to be bitch slapped.
IMO, race isn't the issue, black or white, doesn't matter, we are all Americans. The fact that they are talking about killing Americans is the story.

They need to be reminded, We kept the Russians off half of their asses for nearly 50 years, and we were the ones responsible for freeing the other half of them, a few years ago. They owe a huge debt of gratitude to Americans, many of which, I'm sure, came from the Bronx.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#16]
DK Prof perhaps you can help with this?  What is the correct German pronunciation for "Nappy Headed Hoes"      
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If the krauts are teaching their soldiers to think about shooting Americans as their basic training, perhaps we need to go back across the pond and teach those Germans yet another lesson.

Yep, they seem to have forgotten that American Blacks played a role in shortening the 1,000 year Reich.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Alright, if think they are getting a pass Talking about shooting Americans, try this!!

How do you think other countries feel about Private training schools and even some government agencies using targets depicting them on them? You know the Turbined target B-27's etc.

Maybe so, but I've never seen a target with a guy dressed in leather overall shorts,(lederhosen?) holding a beer Stein.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Is anyone surprised? I'm not. After all, these are the people that brought you the holocaust.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Using killing Americans as a motivational tool is something you would expect from iran or north korea, not Germany, who is supposed to be an allie of sorts.

The instructor telling the soldier to curse louder, and it sounds like he's also telling him to yell racial slurs louder, in English, while being recorded, sounds fishy to me.

I don't have a clue why they would stage something like that, and
I'm not saying they are, but it just doesn't sound right.
If they're indeed saying things like that, killing Americans, as motivation. They need to be bitch slapped.
IMO, race isn't the issue, black or white, doesn't matter, we are all Americans. The fact that they are talking about killing Americans is the story.

They need to be reminded, We kept the Russians off half of their asses for nearly 50 years, and we were the ones responsible for freeing the other half of them, a few years ago. They owe a huge debt of gratitude to Americans, many of which, I'm sure, came from the Bronx.

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is anyone surprised? I'm not. After all, these are the people that brought you the holocaust.

That's right every living German is responsible for the holocaust.

The same as every living American is responsible for the genocide and near extinction of the Native Americans.

Your shit don't add up guy
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't get how some people here are bitching about the Germans yelling racial slurs about some Americans when there are ARFCOMMERS here who share a similar sentiment with the Chinese.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'll have a coke!

Dude.  I've got a bad stomach virus right now and laughing as hard as I just did made me nautious again.  In fact, I'm going to lean over the bowl for a little while...
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#25]
During BRM in basic training, I received a kick or to on my kevlar helment, with the guidance that " You will take this shit serious when some communist is fucking your mother, hero "

That is pretty shitty of our " allies " though
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Had the instructor said "Hadji" no one would have had a problem.

I would imagine that trying to trigger a purely emotional response from the trainee soldier is not a good practice since you really want that trainee to remain as level headed as possible when handling a weapon.

IMHO it is beTter to train to respond rather than react.

Of course I am no expert here but in my only case of having to draw a weapon I remained calm and level headed and responded instead of reacting to the situation at hand. I would imagine that this would also be beneficial training to anyone with a weapon.

Instead of reacting with pure emotion and agression, I would imagine that response with controlled rational actions would be better.

You can still blow away a shiotload of people but you'll hit more of them if you respond rather than react.

Just my .02 and I AM NO EXPERT... NOT A COP OR .MIL.

Just my opinion from benefiting from training that kept me level headed in my response, rather than a GUT  or emotional reaction.

ETA: You gotta have your war face on though

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No one is going to get offended about what type of headdress some character on a target is wearing  BECAUSE WE ARE SHOOTING THEM FOR REAL!
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#28]
You need to mod your thread title to "German" Soldier.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
If he would have said "looters" would it have met the approval of arfcom?
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Is anybody really surprised by this?  It's not like Germany is *really* a *good* ally or anything... they have a long, distinguished history of being our enemy.  Maybe next February I'll throw a party commemorating the firebombing of Dresden.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yes. Because "looters" is not a specific ethnic group.

Just like "Zombies" are made up of all races, "looters" is an equal opportunity label and therefore "kosher" to use for training purposes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Is anybody really surprised by this?  It's not like Germany is *really* a *good* ally or anything... they have a long, distinguished history of being our enemy.  Maybe next February I'll throw a party commemorating the firebombing of Dresden.  

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Americans wanted to be friends with the Germans after WWII - and how even 60 years later, folks who won't buy Japanese cars because of Pearl Harbor have no qualms against driving a Mercedes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I don't get how some people here are bitching about the Germans yelling racial slurs about some Americans when there are ARFCOMMERS here who share a similar sentiment with the Chinese.

The Chinese are not our allies. They are the only country capable of being our peer rival in the intermediate future. Thats a pretty significant difference.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#34]
The Army instructor is showing them how to best KILL PEOPLE

and someone gets their panties in a wad because he used racism to motivate their learning.  Reminds me of a famous movie quote:

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
-Colonel Walter E. Kurtz
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like "Zombies" are made up of all races, "looters" is an equal opportunity label and therefore "kosher" to use for training purposes.

ok, looter=criminal
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Americans wanted to be friends with the Germans after WWII - and how even 60 years later, folks who won't buy Japanese cars because of Peral Harbor have no qualms against driving a Mercedes.

My grandfather allowed NOTHING made in Japan in his house, of course he was a POW of the Japanese and had no love for them at all.

Me, I used to have a Mercedes, good car. As a matter of fact my good Jewish friend and all of his family drive Mercedes, they don't hold a grudge against Germans, they hold the grudge against Nazis, a big difference.

When I asked him why all of his Jewish family had German cars he said it was because Germans made good cars. Makes sense to me.

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok, looter=criminal

Yep... but "LOOTIE" is the guy with the Heinekens that gets photoshopped into every pic. He is a real guy and "Lootie" is his name, unlike "looter" which is a term used to describe a class of criminal.

Small technicality.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That makes about as much sense as saying, "Today's Americans are the people who brought us black slavery."

Or saying, "Italians killed Jesus."

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

listen I know your from Ohio but you are aware that WWII ended 62 years ago right?

You are aware there are Germans who are team members here and who love America and Americans?

German's don't hate us, they tend to think we are freaking insane, but they don't hate us. They aren't a bunch of closet Nazis. One, ONE, german non com is a jack ass. so what. as long he doesn't wind up leader of the country someday we'll be ok.

Besides how can you hate a people who have stepped on the necks of the french TWICE in the last 100 years?
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
DK Prof perhaps you can help with this?  What is the correct German pronunciation for "Nappy Headed Hoes"      

c'mon now. everyone knows Dk-Prof is dutch!!!!    
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I for one am not offended for as a kid during mock training missions for those neighborhood wars I always pretended I was blowing away some krauts by aiming right at their Iron Crosses.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

c'mon now. everyone knows Dk-Prof is dutch!!!!    

I am starting to think that maybe he is secretly Swedish.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted: ...What is the correct German pronunciation for "Nappy Headed Hoes"?  

It might vary regionally, but "Wollnüschel" would come close in some areas.

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey, those guys were shouting obscenities about is mother!  WTF is he supposed to do?  "Acht mein brother!  Vee are allies!  Let the love begin.  I forgive your words about my mother, you haff obviously mistaken me for a Russian, or perhapse a Chechnian!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Americans wanted to be friends with the Germans after WWII - and how even 60 years later, folks who won't buy Japanese cars because of Pearl Harbor have no qualms against driving a Mercedes.

How many times did the Germans attack us on our own soil?

I think a lot of goes back to the fact that most Americans saw many more similiarities between themselves and Germans.  I'm not saying Nazis, I'm saying the average German citizen during WWII.

Even while the Nazis were conducting the halocaust, in most instances they still treated American POWs with a certain amount of dignity.  Contrast this to what the Japs did to our boys and easy to see why there was an extreme hatred of the Japanese Empire and more understanding shown towards the Germans.

Besides, the Germans knew when to quit.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I seem to remember reports that the Germans were avoiding combat at all costs in Afghanistan?  Actually read a NATO report here suggesting they were ducking out of combat ops intentionally.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#47]
as if you guys aint training to engage roving gangs of violent ghetto blacks when the SHTF
I know Iam!
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
img384.imageshack.us/img384/323/muddaphckastc3.jpg

It should be "killing ze nappy headed hoe's"
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes about as much sense as saying, "Today's Americans are the people who brought us black slavery."

Or saying, "Italians killed Jesus."

+1000
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top