Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 7:58:58 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy a STG58 it must have a good price on it and I excellent condition.I had the money shipped out for A DSA one and then had to cansal the order do to it would take about 2 months to get the rifle now the wife want some of the money to pay bills.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
AZEX! The one I got from him is a fantastic rifle. You wouldn't even know it was a parts gun. I freely reccomend his stuff. Gunmonkey Seal of Approval!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I would strongly agree with the gunmonkey AZEX put's a hell of a rifle together. I love the one I got!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My vote goes to Arizona Response Systems. I've handled both ARS and AZEX rifles and my gut feeling had me go with ARS. I'm glad I did. Mark at ARS puts together a fine rifle and has helped me quite a few times with any questions I had.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#4]
tayous1,

you already know what I have since I posted that I bought an stg type 2 and still to this day have not shoot it.

If it really means that much to you, I will sell it to you for $950 plus actual shipping.

It will come with 3 mags, mag pouch sling, complete paperwork and hard case.

Let me know before I change my mind.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
ARS put together a Federal Arms kit and an Imbel reciever for me that I would swear is a brand new rifle. Finish and function are magnificent. I only had to move the front site up 2 clicks and it was dead on zero. Magazines are dirt cheap and ammo is too. Only complaint I have is that I had to buy a few U.S. made parts to make it legal. With shipping and everything-about $1000. Shoots 2 or 2 1/2 inch groups all day off sandbags with surplus british ammo and iron sights.
Parts kit         $300
Imbel Reciever    $225
U.S. Parts        $150
A.R.S.  fee       $250
[:D]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The think is that I don't have anything but maybe $550 to spend on this rifle so you can see the jam I'm in right now I did have $850 but she took out $300 for bills.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just watch out for Entreprise STG58C's.  I ordered 2 of them last year.  Neither would function out of the box.  The first one was missing machined cuttings in the upper.  A file was used to fix this (using the 2nd as reference).  The second one had a very tight fit with the parts in the lower (hammer to slide).  I sold this one without trying to fix the problem (I already spent hours fixing the bipod, sight and gas tube).  I never got it to run in semi-auto and feel like shit about selling it.  I removed lot's of rust a crud from the bipod parts and front sights of both guns and had to silver solder the 2nd gun's gas tube back in place.  The "real" STG58's are a lot heavier than an L1A1.  The steel handgaurds and bipod add a lot of weight.  The DSA STG58 has synthetic handgaurds and should be lighter than the Entreprise.  Finally, I did not like the zero climb brake on the Entreprise.  Gave me tons of cheek slap.  Most of the brakes look pretty similar.  Just try to beware that some of the parts guns are pretty crappy.  Hope your luck is better than mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
At the $550 threshold, you are limited to a
Century Arms frankengun.  I would be leery of
those.  My STG58 is a parts gun that looks
quite nice, even though I did not bother with
refinishing it.I ended up spending about $720.
With the Tapco G1 kit, you might lower that cost to about $680.  My gun is "US 7 part legal," which gets the price up. Hope this helps, John
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I had Mark at ARS put together two STG58 carbines using Imbel gear logo receivers in his satin black finish. They are really sharp! If it wasn't for the minor dings in the STG58 kits, I would have sworn they are NIB. He's the king.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had Mark at ARS put together two STG58 carbines using Imbel gear logo receivers in his satin black finish. They are really sharp! If it wasn't for the minor dings in the STG58 kits, I would have sworn they are NIB. He's the king.
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, how much? Did you save enough to make it worthwhile, compared to a DSA STG58A that should sell for about $800.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Now she tells me that I can spend the $800 some odd dollars on the DSA rifle thats cool with me it's now just finding a place that I can get it from that cheap. I

had gone to my FFL dealer and he told me that if I give him $950 he will buy the rifle for me I told him he would get it for $795. He told me that he wanted something for his time and I said What about the $25 to do the transfer fee and the $15 fee that you charge to send out the FFL. He said "Thats my deal."

So right now I'm looking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got my DSA STG58 carbine and is it beautiful! This thing is one serious precision machined firearm and is almost frightening to look at. I'm loading mags now for a test firing early next week.

Tayous1,

What is your problem? If you are going to get one, get one and quit talking about it. You had one on order for the right price, now you don't but you don't have the money anyway, now you do???
Give the damn money to the wife. I'll bet she is not so indecisive about where she will spent it!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#13]
IAI M444 from Dan's sporting goods is a nice deal at $750.

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/falleft.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/falright.jpg[/img]

All imbel parts.... looked new.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tayous1,

What is your problem? If you are going to get one, get one and quit talking about it. You had one on order for the right price, now you don't but you don't have the money anyway, now you do???
Give the damn money to the wife. I'll bet she is not so indecisive about where she will spent it!
View Quote

First off let me say my wife is not like other wives she does not wear jewelry does not like to go out and buy cloths for herself. She spends most of the money I thing's that we need like paying of bill's collage lone  car payments she is 23 years old and the last time she has gone out with here friends  to shop of party has been two years. So I do & don't get to pissed when she takes my gun money because it's always for something more important then a rifle.  

I had one ordered from FAC. I ordered it about a month ago right now and every 2-3 weeks I call and they tell me its going to be another 2-3 weeks now when I called on Thursday they told me 3-4 weeks so I told them screw this and now I'm looking for another place.

About the wife she want's the money to pay off some bills and to get her crown fixed on her tooth but she found out that we where getting $300 in at the end of the month from her work so now I can get spend the money on the rifle it's just find it a place that has it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
For the Dealer Nearest You, Call DSA at (847) 277-7258

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The DSA STG58 kit is the best deal going if the dealer tries to charge more than a transfer fee take your money elsewhere.
Step 1)Phone a couple FFL ask what thier transfer fee is
Step 2)When you find a good one go to his shop and get a signed copy of his FFL.
Step 3)Call DSA get a total price 795.00 plus shipping (no tax).
Step 4)Mail DSA your postal MO
Step 5)Wait for your dealer to recieve the gun and go down and pick it up. You pay no tax just your 20.00 transfer fee and all is well.

Do things in this order or I promise you will not get as good of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The DSA STG58 kit is the best deal going if the dealer tries to charge more than a transfer fee take your money elsewhere.
Step 1)Phone a couple FFL ask what thier transfer fee is
Step 2)When you find a good one go to his shop and get a signed copy of his FFL.
Step 3)Call DSA get a total price 795.00 plus shipping (no tax).
Step 4)Mail DSA your postal MO
Step 5)Wait for your dealer to recieve the gun and go down and pick it up. You pay no tax just your 20.00 transfer fee and all is well.

Do things in this order or I promise you will not get as good of a deal.
View Quote

[img]http://www.dsarms.com/images/ds_sa58kit1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I am ordering one next week and I called DSA last week and I was told to just have the dealer send a copy of his FFL and in writing tell DSA that it is ok for them to except your payment. Then after they receive the FFL you pay for the rifle $795 plus shipping and all is well.

I guess you could also send your payment with your dealers FFL.

The best thing just call DSA and ask them how to go about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, how much? Did you save enough to make it worthwhile, compared to a DSA STG58A that should sell for about $800.
View Quote

You never save with these deals, but you do get the top of the line as far as workmanship and QA.

IIRC, he charged $350 per rifle, but that was with his best finish and some barrel work. Add to that all DSA US parts, Penguin furniture, and the best Steyr kits I could find ($300 each), at it was easily over $1000 per rifle. But, seeing is believing. They look very sharp.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#20]
had gone to my FFL dealer and he told me that if I give him $950 he will buy the rifle for me I told him he would get it for $795. He told me that he wanted something for his time and I said What about the $25 to do the transfer fee and the $15 fee that you charge to send out the FFL. He said "Thats my deal."
View Quote

Have you checked with SteyrAug? Sorry couldn't resist.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top