Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 3:25:32 PM EDT
Here's a nice story about laxity at the American Airlines terminal at DFW Airport in Dallas-Fort Worth.  Note that the same security company runs the AA teminal security gates at DFW and at Logan Airport in Boston, where Flight 11, one of the hi-jacked planes, took off that fateful Tuesday morning last week.

From the story:

"Federal and Texas authorities have spied American Airlines' security checkpoint screeners at the carrier's own Dallas hub repeatedly violating security procedures, American employees there say.

"The Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Texas Department of Transportation have been supervising checkpoints at Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport in the wake of last week's hijackings and attacks by Islamic terrorists.

"DFW-based American contracts out its security operations to Globe Aviation Security Services Corp., [u]which employs many foreigners who do not speak English[/u].

"[u]Globe also runs the security checkpoint at American's terminal at Logan International Airport[/u], where five Arab hijackers were able to board Flight 11 with razors, box-cutters and even small knives hidden in cigarette lighters, reports say."

See the full story at:
[url]
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24590[/url]

[Edited. For some reason when the link comes up, the true url is preceded by 'http://
',
simply remove that part, hit go, you can't miss it!]

American Airlines better 'get their poop in a group' or they can kiss their airline goodbye!

Eric The(ThisShitBetterStopPronto!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you are going to see this type of security lapses all over the U.S.  They can have the super high/tight security in Isreal because they are a lot smaller amount of travelers.  I am not sure how many people travel thru U.S. airports in a day, but I am sure that it is tremendous.  It is going to take a lot of time to get the security up to snuff, but I'm not sure that the airline industry is going to survive.  At LAX, the security people have confiscated nail files, nail clippers, razor blades, anything sharp. I don't see how any of this is going to make air travel safer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top